Braunston Historic Narrow Boat Rally - 27Th & 28Th June.

alan_fincher

Featured Posts

That's odd, I found the lines of RUSSIA rather coarse and graceless in real life. Not so easy on the eye as in the photos!

(Or maybe it was the doubt and suspicion of dirty dealing in the acquiring of it by the new owners that coloured my aesthetic judgement...)

Edited by Mike the Boilerman

I really like Flamingo it's a great looking boat.

I don't know the technical term but the 'gap' between the cabins really sets the boat off.

I really like Flamingo it's a great looking boat.

I don't know the technical term but the 'gap' between the cabins really sets the boat off.

'Gap' seems to be the technical term.

Thanks MJG, I think it is a wonderful boat, and it is going to be even better when we have finished the refit, and painted it, and all the other things that need to be done.

'Gap' seems to be the technical term.

Thanks MJG, I think it is a wonderful boat, and it is going to be even better when we have finished the refit, and painted it, and all the other things that need to be done.

I rather like it as it is!

P.S. The only other boat I've ever seen (and badly regretted not buying) had a 'gap' the same. A boat called "EDITH" built by Sagar Marine, in a lunatic steam-punk style of decorative steelwork and with a Northwich-like bow. Equally madly fitted out inside with Victorian fireplaces, rough-hewn timbers and ultra-modern bathroom fittings.

Latterly re-named "Belly Button" apparently. An abomination of a name compared to the previous elegant appellation. (In my valueless personal opinion.)

Edited by Mike the Boilerman

P.S. The only other boat I've ever seen (and badly regretted not buying) had a 'gap' the same. A boat called "EDITH" built by Sagar Marine, in a lunatic steam-punk style of decorative steelwork and with a Northwich-like bow. Equally madly fitted out inside with Victorian fireplaces, rough-hewn timbers and ultra-modern bathroom fittings.

Latterly re-named "Belly Button" apparently. An abomination of a name compared to the previous elegant appellation. (In my valueless personal opinion.)

is this the same Belly Button that's moored at Horninglow basin?

The huge bath has to go, and we need a lot more storage. Once we have a shower then we can have more room for gatherings.

Completely agree on the awful name "belly button".

Excellent photos, thanks.

George ex nb Alton retired

Thanks George, you probably noticed a few were taken whilst on the parade on Badger. Thanks again for the trip around the parade.

Thanks George, you probably noticed a few were taken whilst on the parade on Badger. Thanks again for the trip around the parade.

My pleasure, Rob.

Any chance of you e mailing me copies of the 4 showing Badger? Purely for my personal enjoyment.

It is very difficult taking photos of yourself on a 70ft boat. So far, I haven't found a long enough selfie stick!

My pleasure, Rob.

Any chance of you e mailing me copies of the 4 showing Badger? Purely for my personal enjoyment.

It is very difficult taking photos of yourself on a 70ft boat. So far, I haven't found a long enough selfie stick!

PM me your email address and I'll send them over.