A Wee one to start again.

W+T

Featured Posts

smiley_offtopic.gif

just as an aside, I'm currently doing a boat conversion on my front drive - a 15ft Bonwitco open fishing launch that will become a comfortable one-person 'camping cruiser'. It will be very easy to trail around the whole country, without requiring a good concrete slipway, and can be kept at home, so no marina fees.

Second phase will be the addition of solar and a small electric outboard to hopefully provide silent cruising for a few hours at a time.

I expect it to keep me boating into my old age

smiley_offtopic.gif

just as an aside, I'm currently doing a boat conversion on my front drive - a 15ft Bonwitco open fishing launch that will become a comfortable one-person 'camping cruiser'. It will be very easy to trail around the whole country, without requiring a good concrete slipway, and can be kept at home, so no marina fees.

Second phase will be the addition of solar and a small electric outboard to hopefully provide silent cruising for a few hours at a time.

I expect it to keep me boating into my old age

An idea I have been, and still could be, tempted by. I have a wooden 14ft Enterprise in my back garden that needs a new deck. I'd happily ditch the sailing rig and convert it to a camping cruiser.

An idea I have been, and still could be, tempted by. I have a wooden 14ft Enterprise in my back garden that needs a new deck. I'd happily ditch the sailing rig and convert it to a camping cruiser.

The Enterprise is a cracking boat, they fetch good money even when in need of TLC. I fancied one a while ago but sadly don't have the time to take up dinghy sailing again.

Would you not be better outing the Enterprise and getting an open GRP boat?

Sorry for the hijack Wolly, keep up the good work :)

I'll have a pint of what ever it is that gives you your energy !!! cheers.gif

It was a bottle of Banana Beer :) very nice, well would of been. I prefer loopy juice though ( cider ) cheers.gif , should of had some this moring as i just finished work and cant be bothered to get the rest of the insulation, should of really as i think from tomorrow i am on extra hours, they like to get there bloody pence worth.

Its fine for a Hijack guys, breaks up the boring bits of the thread.

I have been looking at plans from Selway fisher boats to build a camping boat once this is done. unless i get the next bigger boat.

It was a bottle of Banana Beer smile.png very nice, well would of been. I prefer loopy juice though ( cider ) cheers.gif , should of had some this moring as i just finished work and cant be bothered to get the rest of the insulation, should of really as i think from tomorrow i am on extra hours, they like to get there bloody pence worth.

Its fine for a Hijack guys, breaks up the boring bits of the thread.

I have been looking at plans from Selway fisher boats to build a camping boat once this is done. unless i get the next bigger boat.

I had made all sorts of designs for plywood hulls and then I had the Eureka moment, partly inspired by you. Why build a hull when you can buy a readymade GRP one for about 500 squid complete with trailer?

Once I had removed the sole and ripped out all the saturated foam in the false bottom it was 200kg lighter and ready to go.

Another option would be a Wayfarer - actually designed with cruising in mind.

I just read all this thread. I couldn't believe it when you bought what I thought was a wreck, and now look at it - amazing work!

We should all ditch the telly and the internet and YouTube (............errrr......) - imagine what could get done !!

Very inspiring. Thanks.

I just read all this thread. I couldn't believe it when you bought what I thought was a wreck, and now look at it - amazing work!

We should all ditch the telly and the internet and YouTube (............errrr......) - imagine what could get done !!

Very inspiring. Thanks.

You're dead right !!! I think this thread needs to go into a hall of fame !!! I am amazed every time I take a peek at it

I had made all sorts of designs for plywood hulls and then I had the Eureka moment, partly inspired by you. Why build a hull when you can buy a readymade GRP one for about 500 squid complete with trailer?

Once I had removed the sole and ripped out all the saturated foam in the false bottom it was 200kg lighter and ready to go.

As you can se i like a challenge lol, if i was to get a small trailer boat i would go for a Norman 18, can get them dirt cheap for a full shell, they make good camping boats, i rescued one once from the cut that had sank, great little boats, but then any GRP boat project can be cheap and easy to fettle.

Very inspiring. Thanks.

Thank you for the nice comment, one thing i dont do much of is TV or interent, well but for being on here now and then and researching things..

You're dead right !!! I think this thread needs to go into a hall of fame !!! I am amazed every time I take a peek at it

;) thanks John, i do wonder at times if folk read it and like to keep up with the progress, give me inspiration to keep going and get more done.

I learned to sail in Wayfarers at an RYA associated school on the Exe.

Always way too strong money for for me :)

Edited by gazza

• 3 weeks later...

I needed inspiration :(, i have read back on this thread to see where i am and started. If i wasnt as goosed as i am i would get out now and do a bit, i got more 25mm insulation a few days ago and more spray foam but since 4 weeks ago i have been on 12-13 hr days and to tired to even get a bit done when i get home at 4`ish, i have a few days off over xmas so i hope to get a little finished. And new year i should be back on a few less hours :)

We have decided to get as much done asap before mid summer 2016, so thats to paint the outside and fit the deck fittings, wire plumb the interior and frame it all out with cheap appliances, well not to cheap, hot water will be a decent bit of kit aswell as the heater, but cooker and fridge will be do with what we can untill better comes along. We are going to get a sewing machine to make some curtains and seat covers etc, in the end it will be use able and look good, then we can fettle as we go on weekends away.

Hope you all have a great xmas and a even better year ahead, we are looking forward to it and hope the same to all the followers cheers.gif

• Greenie 1

I needed inspiration sad.png, i have read back on this thread to see where i am and started. If i wasnt as goosed as i am i would get out now and do a bit, i got more 25mm insulation a few days ago and more spray foam but since 4 weeks ago i have been on 12-13 hr days and to tired to even get a bit done when i get home at 4`ish, i have a few days off over xmas so i hope to get a little finished. And new year i should be back on a few less hours smile.png

We have decided to get as much done asap before mid summer 2016, so thats to paint the outside and fit the deck fittings, wire plumb the interior and frame it all out with cheap appliances, well not to cheap, hot water will be a decent bit of kit aswell as the heater, but cooker and fridge will be do with what we can untill better comes along. We are going to get a sewing machine to make some curtains and seat covers etc, in the end it will be use able and look good, then we can fettle as we go on weekends away.

Hope you all have a great xmas and a even better year ahead, we are looking forward to it and hope the same to all the followers cheers.gif

Merry Christmas to you and yours and hope you have WONDERFUL New Year - you deserve it......

You didn't need inspiration - you had it in boat loads Good luck.

Yes indeed a Merry Christmas and a happy and healthy New Year.......You may need a little inspiration at the moment but you have been an outstanding example to the rest of us. It has helped me push on with my jobs when I have not really been feeling up to it.

As you keep us inspired with your photos here's one showing the new central heating boiler installed, plumbed in and working and the new generator installed but not yet wired up and working......all done in the last 3 months while convalescing after a major operation 6 months ago (I feel quite pleased with myself)

23205320373_0073b9a9f0_z.jpgSAM_0173 by mudlarker2, on Flickr

t8009.gif

Yes indeed a Merry Christmas and a happy and healthy New Year.......You may need a little inspiration at the moment but you have been an outstanding example to the rest of us. It has helped me push on with my jobs when I have not really been feeling up to it.

As you keep us inspired with your photos here's one showing the new central heating boiler installed, plumbed in and working and the new generator installed but not yet wired up and working......all done in the last 3 months while convalescing after a major operation 6 months ago (I feel quite pleased with myself)

t8009.gif

I get agoraphobia just looking at it.

Happy Christmas to you and T mate :)

I've slowed right up too, she's back out of the paint dock and awaiting some wood butchery to the cockpit. Got a full day on the 29th but I can see it dragging a bit.

We are passed the shortest day so there hope yet :cheers:

t8009.gif

Good morning all, ready for work for the last time this year and would be raring to go but for the dam man flue i have, felt a little rough yesterday but OMG feel like am elephant has been dancing my head and i have eaten a bag of stove ash with nails in it., there fore i look forward to the healthy new year wishes from John lol. ( bit of a beast that system John, it has been that warm has it been needed much ) its as big as my bloody boat lol.

Best get off to work but .....i neeeeeed.......... bed :(

All best Wolly cheers.gif .

As barmy as it is I have not long got to my first shop in Ashington and having a full breakfast. The barmy bit is I supply Chemists lol.

The A69was a bit rough today. My giddy aunt them artics fly by.

It's the capital of the Land of the Incontinent

Richard

Chortle. Very droll, had to think.

Back to the thread, haven't commented yet but loved following it. As a compulsive boat tinkerer and dinghy fettler I'm sure this thread would inspire any enthusiastic newcomers with limited funds but plenty of energy and motivation. Really enjoy seeing a neglected boat being brought back to life and use so this is a fave cwdf thread to read. Keep up the good work, have a great Christmas and hope to see her on the water in the new year.