A Wee one to start again.

W+T

Featured Posts

Sure is Richard, T hates me doing that lol. Get all sorts. Got an space hester from one once. Had it ages and worked a treat. Judt the fan was loose is why they chucked it.

Sure is Rachael, sods law hey. Goog thinking. All I need at the minute is insulation. Cant be thst hard to grt off cuts from some where.

There must be a housing development going on somewhere in your vicinity. Ask them to put their off cuts to one side for you.

There must be a housing development going on somewhere in your vicinity. Ask them to put their off cuts to one side for you.

Bit slow nowadays, cracking idea mainly they use 100mm sheets but I can see what they will do.

Trying to get a pic of my commuter car but struggling to do so from my phone. I hate technology when it doesn't play.

If you keep this up you be partners in this boat lol. The xtratherm is the same as all polyurethane boards, I need 3 8x4sheets worth of the 50mm. Or what ever you can spare please.

If you keep this up you be partners in this boat lol. The xtratherm is the same as all polyurethane boards, I need 3 8x4sheets worth of the 50mm. Or what ever you can spare please.

just a matter of getting it to you, i think its to bulky to send so might be a trip up but i am away for a couple of days now, what else are you short of?

just a matter of getting it to you, i think its to bulky to send so might be a trip up but i am away for a couple of days now, what else are you short of?

I can collect Steve when ever you are ready, and the list is so long it's easier to get another fitted out lol.

All I need is wiring and battens which i can sort as not expesnsive.

Thanks again for the help, very much appreciated again.

I can collect Steve when ever you are ready, and the list is so long it's easier to get another fitted out lol.

All I need is wiring and battens which i can sort as not expesnsive.

Thanks again for the help, very much appreciated again.

if you want i could do the carpark meet - how are you for bolts? if anyone else has anything to offerin the meantime if down here i could pick it up for you, shame you cant get the boat finished for the big trip you had planned

if you want i could do the carpark meet - how are you for bolts? if anyone else has anything to offerin the meantime if down here i could pick it up for you, shame you cant get the boat finished for the big trip you had planned

Always something messes up my plans, should learn not to plan, along as I get it done by end next summer in a usable state, hardest part is done....I think lol.

I am good with either car park again or all the way down, just great full of the help.

Always something messes up my plans, should learn not to plan, along as I get it done by end next summer in a usable state, hardest part is done....I think lol.

I am good with either car park again or all the way down, just great full of the help.

either is good for me - at least the car park saves you a good chunk of driving - how wide is your boat?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, at last i have done a little bit to Wet Dreams, not been able to do a whole lot as with the weather and dam cats it has put me back a little, also my own mistake. I was going to laminate in the bow eye bolt beam first off i forgot to cover the front deck holes where the mooring bollard will be refit, there fore rain water has gone threw onto the timber so until that dries i cant do that, not the weather for things to dry to quick.

Also CATS for god sake they do my head in, i like them but not when its like living in a cats home, had trouble in the past with them pooing all over the garden and drive, i sorted to much expense, now they have been walking on the tarp, well looks like they jumped on and then thought `eck its slippy` so claws out and they put claw holes all over the tarp and i have had to wait until the rain stopped and i could dry it before repairing it., I wasnt impressed as also after sanding the boat down it has opened some tiny pin holes from old repairs that have also let water seep through to the inside where i was going to insulate it.

So after a bad few week and recent days i have cut out the rear deck hatch and sealed all the wood with resin as usual. oh yes before that i fixed the damage in the tarp.

i think thats all in have done since the last update, and sorry no pics but i will get some asap.

Cats are only there to keep dogs entertained - I hate the things, started in no small part by the hateful Siamese cat Kojak my mum and dads friend had, it would let you stroke it then take a lump out of you as a way of saying thanks!

I've been spoilt in the paint shed for the last four weeks, fingers crossed I get the screen back before I'm booted out on Saturday!

Good to hear you have made some progress, I always find things slow down when the night get shorter.

Little by little you will get there, then all of a sudden it will come together pronto.

There is a ugly Siamese cat next door, a white one with black face Zig hates it, as we do. I used to like cats until i moved here 10 years ago. If the scracth the new car i will be going to the bloody extremes with a .22 deterant i think :).

Anyway you are spoilt with a paint shed, reckon you should roihg it next time with a few lengths of timber and tarp lol, i done the canopy to help keep things going but as you have read its not exactly working yet.

Pay day soon so going to get the insulation fitted and lined out with ply then the frame work can go in.

Onwards and upwards, and keeping the faith :)

I have come to the conclusion that some cats do not have a noticeable smell.

When I walk the dogs in the evening on the lead they are straining to see if there are any cats around.

The little black one can smell a discarded sandwich at 100 paces.

The other day we walked past a car with a cat sitting on the bonnet, looking down at the dogs, but they never even noticed him.

I keep reading this thread but don't post often as they would all be similar (Wow ! that's fantastic etc etc etc which would get a bit....... fatigue.gif)

It's very handy to have a thread like this around as it stops me getting complacent....... I finish one of my little jobs, have a cup of tea, then read this thread.

At that point I realise, that in comparison I've done buxxer all. It's a fantastic spur to get me started again smile.png .

Keep up the good work cheers.gif John V

Well cats aside for now, i love animals so no target practice this week.

Thanks John, glad to help and keep you motivated l), i need a bit now, the darn windows are leaking. good in a way as at least i have found them before the full fit out is done.

I got the rear deck hatch sealed so it can pee down and cats rip it up now and i aint boved :)......oh hang on a i need a bit of 15mm copper pipe for the locker drains. to tight to by a full length for a sake of a foot lol.

......oh hang on a i need a bit of 15mm copper pipe for the locker drains. to tight to by a full length for a sake of a foot lol.

you surprise me ............. I find lots of 15mm offcuts lying around in the garage and even in the loft where some lazy plumber (me??) has left them where they were cut.

you surprise me ............. I find lots of 15mm offcuts lying around in the garage and even in the loft where some lazy plumber (me??) has left them where they were cut.

I cant believe it myself after all the DIY work i have done and things i build, not a srap to be seen, i have some of the plastic quick fit, just not copper. I could cut a bit of copper out of the house plumbing and replace with quick fit lol. Cant even go to a scrap yard any more for off cuts..