A Wee one to start again.

W+T

Featured Posts

if you need any more bolts / washers let me know i have a load of 6mm in different lengths but the 8mm only in 50mm

I think thats what i used, the biggest ones you gave me, i know they are M8 but not sure on the length, i didnt measure them. Infact i think i will need some more as i am fitting strakes to the transom to match and i messed a few up by stripping the allen heads. Well i will blame that on T not holding the allen square lol.

I think thats what i used, the biggest ones you gave me, i know they are M8 but not sure on the length, i didnt measure them. Infact i think i will need some more as i am fitting strakes to the transom to match and i messed a few up by stripping the allen heads. Well i will blame that on T not holding the allen square lol.

if you drop me a pm with an address i will get you a box of m8 x 50 in the post - is it the nylox nuts you used?

What are you planning to insulate her with?

50mm Cellotex/kingspan or cheaper alternative stuck down then clad with 4.5mm or 6mm ply. I am considering 25mm on the front cabin section top as the rear area is sandwich construction. No big loss in the head height as only 5 foot as is.

Are you going to be fitting a source of heating?

Yep, a LPG blown air, Eber or the likes, diesle would be nice but this boat is getting expensive enough now lol.

I will have a look for minimum 2kw then. Maybe 5kw, I like to be toasty warm nowadays :-)

These updates are getting naff sorry. Little done today, to tired and not in the mood :'( yesterday I decided to paint the front deck as it will show up better where the imperfections are......wish I didn't now. Loads of small areas of tiny hole that need filling. Chuffed with the bow though,can't see the join from the repair.

I will be back with a bit more asap, I want to laminate the far deck and locker top asap I can't see the canopy lasting all winter. Oh and deck dràins will be done. Pics not the best sorry.

post-8285-0-20128400-1445446911_thumb.jpg

post-8285-0-24763900-1445446937_thumb.jpg

post-8285-0-81030600-1445446964_thumb.jpg

post-8285-0-20333500-1445446989_thumb.jpg

post-8285-0-94976700-1445447018_thumb.jpg

Keep the faith Wooly!:)

Your doing great, the paint will come together no bother - as the saying goes, if you can p!ss you can paint :cheers:

I had an evening of pressure washing, flatting cabin off with scotchbrite then cleaning on monday.

Mask up and Paint on yesterday, day off today and tomorrow, interdeck anti slip on Friday along with painting rubbing strakes -then its the Buckingham turn for prep and paint.

Hate doing it but its worth it in the end.

My topcoat takes around 8 hours to prep and paint now, better than watching sh!te TV at night :)

It's a pretty small, insulated glass fibre box. 2 kW is plenty

Richard

Richard i am getting old, i was going to fit a stove lol

Keep the faith Wooly!smile.png

Your doing great, the paint will come together no bother - as the saying goes, if you can p!ss you can paint cheers.gif

I had an evening of pressure washing, flatting cabin off with scotchbrite then cleaning on monday.

Mask up and Paint on yesterday, day off today and tomorrow, interdeck anti slip on Friday along with painting rubbing strakes -then its the Buckingham turn for prep and paint.

Hate doing it but its worth it in the end.

My topcoat takes around 8 hours to prep and paint now, better than watching sh!te TV at night smile.png

Just tired i think thats all gazza, i dont think the painting will be done this year and will be chuffed to get stuck into the interior once the take strake is on this weekend, going to pick up 5l of white top coat this friday on way home then that can be fitted before i insulate it.

Never loose faith in it, done and spent to much already.

Richard i am getting old, i was going to fit a stove lol

Just tired i think thats all gazza, i dont think the painting will be done this year and will be chuffed to get stuck into the interior once the take strake is on this weekend, going to pick up 5l of white top coat this friday on way home then that can be fitted before i insulate it.

Never loose faith in it, done and spent to much already.

Know the feeling, had a catastrophic failure of a 1500l stainless steel tank at work on Monday, got the lovely job of removing it and plasma cutting it up at the mo, knocking the stuffing out of me :)

She will be a credit to you when she's finished :cheers:

fair old job that you got to do but back in the day when i was a burner on demolition sites all we had was oxy/acet, Plasma is just to easy you cheat lol I remember the first petrol station storage tanks i had to scrap, very scary lol. Good times they were though no going back now with all the elf n safety.

fair old job that you got to do but back in the day when i was a burner on demolition sites all we had was oxy/acet, Plasma is just to easy you cheat lol I remember the first petrol station storage tanks i had to scrap, very scary lol. Good times they were though no going back now with all the elf n safety.

Yeah, you're right, pull the trigger and light it up! Not so hot and the dross is less likely to shoot up and then drop on your bonce!

I've had me fair share of time on the cutting torch mind, i couldn't face chopping this tank up with a 9" grinder though!

We are working on a mez floor so all the gear is coming up the stairs, all the scrap back down then a headache installing the new one up in the sky grrr etc!

Rather paint the boat!

2kw will be more than enough.

It keeps our bigger boat toasty warm.

5kw will be well over the top.

Eta: Liam has just reminded me of some friends who had a 4kw on their 25ft boat and it was ridiculous.

Edited by Naughty Cal

2kw will be more than enough.

It keeps our bigger boat toasty warm.

5kw will be well over the top.

Eta: Liam has just reminded me of some friends who had a 4kw on their 25ft boat and it was ridiculous.

We've got a Nautical 40d Wallas heater (4kw) on our E27, it's rather good at heating it up!

Not been on it in the depths of winter but its too hot on minimum to be left on thru the night during the cooler spring and autumn nights.

That's on top of the webasto thermo top c....

We've got a Nautical 40d Wallas heater (4kw) on our E27, it's rather good at heating it up!

Not been on it in the depths of winter but its too hot on minimum to be left on thru the night during the cooler spring and autumn nights.

That's on top of the webasto thermo top c....

Our 2kw is too hot to leave on over night. We have it on a timer to come on before we get up in the morning.

Was the tank full of lager Gazza?

Sadly not, UV cure resin.

Debris blocked the return of the water jacket, it was heated to 30 degrees using a simple vented central heating type system, the danfoss pump was capable of 10 bar and as the blockage was before the vented leg of the system it was game over for the tank!

Not much of an update as i laminated the rear devk but I didn't add enough catalyst so it topk a week to set fully. Snd still areas not set. Will sort assp.

Worst bit is i have hsd akick in the neither region finance wise :-( I have had to buy a car to get to work ss the company vans are not allowed to be taken home anymore. There are a few upset folk at work now. And with no true rradon ftom management. So boat fund has dropped by 50% . Only been there 6 month and was given the job with transport. Very peeved off with them :-(

Will do what I can with it as and when and will update. So there goes the anniversary present to ourselves next year.

Not much of an update as i laminated the rear devk but I didn't add enough catalyst so it topk a week to set fully. Snd still areas not set. Will sort assp.

Worst bit is i have hsd akick in the neither region finance wise :-( I have had to buy a car to get to work ss the company vans are not allowed to be taken home anymore. There are a few upset folk at work now. And with no true rradon ftom management. So boat fund has dropped by 50% . Only been there 6 month and was given the job with transport. Very peeved off with them :-(

Will do what I can with it as and when and will update. So there goes the anniversary present to ourselves next year.

That's a bit of a blow.

I'm sure you will find a way to work around the finances though cheers.gif

Perhaps post a list of items or materials that you need. You never know someone might have something just lying around that you can utilize.