tunnel light during eclipse??

matty40s

Featured Posts

I know VHF will not help, however, is a tunnel light required by the authorities to continue cruising through the duration of an eclipse.

Are navigation lights also necessary, in case Mars gets lost??

If cloud cover is likely, will the eclipse just be cancelled, or postponed to the following day like the Red Arrows do sometimes.

.....however, is a tunnel light required by the authorities to continue cruising through the duration of an eclipse......

Being more specific, does the fact that there is no requirement to use a light in tunnels under 440 yards long still apply if you are making that passage during an eclipse?

Being more specific, does the fact that there is no requirement to use a light in tunnels under 440 yards long still apply if you are making that passage during an eclipse?

How do we know if an eclipse is going to be less or more than 440 yards?

I think if your boat causes a major accident whilst cruising during eclipses without tunnel and navigation lights, I doubt your insurance will pay out, and you'll be bankrupted.

Hope that helps.

I think you are underplaying the risks here. See the article in today's Indepdendent...... Please don't fry your phone.clapping.gif

Simon

Edited by Scholar Gypsy

My naked flame went out some years ago.

Edited to add another item from the Independent (They're really up with this eclipse business.)

The kinds of geo-political and societal events that tend to be associated with the end times by those who believe in such events are also happening, encouraging the idea that Friday could mark a sign of the apocalypse or another catastrophic event. Global stock markets are volatile and at record highs; there is increasing tension in the Middle East, including in Israel; and votes on same-sex marriage are scheduled for this summer in the US.
Edited by Mac of Cygnet

That's clever considering the moon is hardly going to 'touch' the Sun in Israel, and there isn't even going to be an eclipse in most of the Middle East!

They are going to get done by the SUPERMOON on the same day - in fact - if the supermoon is really super, I can forget the tunnel light.icecream.gif

They are going to get done by the SUPERMOON on the same day - in fact - if the supermoon is really super, I can forget the tunnel light.icecream.gif

Only if you're going to be on the other side of it, here on planet Earth we'll all be looking at the Dark Side.

I know VHF will not help, however, is a tunnel light required by the authorities to continue cruising through the duration of an eclipse.

Are navigation lights also necessary, in case Mars gets lost??

If cloud cover is likely, will the eclipse just be cancelled, or postponed to the following day like the Red Arrows do sometimes.

When searching for your missing confectionery, fixed lights on the side of the boat are of little use. You need a torch.