Pillings Lock Marina

tillergirl

Featured Posts

Didn't they pay a year in advance? If that is correct when did the year start Jan 2014? If it didn't is the 12 months up yet?

Another thought if the current phoenix company was made to pay in advance surely any other phoenix will face at least the same conditions.

I suppose what I am really asking is has the 12 months expired yet and if it has how do we know the fee hasn't been paid.

No, it was April 2014 as far as I can see. Certainly the CRT deadline for blocking the marina was April 14th.

Of course CRT may have agreed to stage payments through the year.

The company that held the "old" NAA had no real assets, so the owners could afford to let it go into receivership.

Phil Spencer's email of 9th April 2014 indicates that the company that was to sign the new NAA actually owns the marina.

If the new company went into liquidation their assets would be sold off to cover outstanding debts.

No, it was April 2014 as far as I can see. Certainly the CRT deadline for blocking the marina was April 14th.

The company that held the "old" NAA had no real assets, so the owners could afford to let it go into receivership.

Phil Spencer's email of 9th April 2014 indicates that the company that was to sign the new NAA actually owns the marina.

If the new company went into liquidation their assets would be sold off to cover outstanding debts.

Thank you for that information. So currently as the years fee was paid in advance CRT aren't out of pocket and we have no reason to expect any action from them for a month or more. Correct?

Thank you for that information. So currently as the years fee was paid in advance CRT aren't out of pocket and we have no reason to expect any action from them for a month or more. Correct?

The fee is payable in advance, but whether they actually paid a whole year upfront is another matter...

The fee is payable in advance, but whether they actually paid a whole year upfront is another matter...

I understood that to be a condition of the new agreement, why would CRT accept anything less? If they were going to accept less they might as well not have had payment in advance.

Not getting into the speculation about Pillings but unless CRT have some form of guarantee against those assets there is nothing to stop them selling them to another company

Not sure what you are getting at.

Pillings did pay their AAC and the entrance was not closed off.

They DIDN'T pay their AAC, they made the company go bust. CRT lost out on a much needed £180k

The new company with a puppet director then came to an agreement with CRT just a few days before the barriers were due in place to pay in advance for the next 12 months.

So CRT didn't block the marina off that time.

However, they clearly threatened that a future non payment in advance would result in a much swifter closure of marina access.

Edited by matty40s

They DIDN'T pay their AAC, they made the company go bust. CRT lost out on a much needed £180k

The new company with a puppet director then came to an agreement with CRT just a few days before the barriers were due in place to pay in advance for the next 12 months.

However, they clearly threatened that a future non payment in advance would result in a much swifter closure of marina access.

Just wondering but where would genuine boat owners/moorers stand if CART did block the entrance?

Has this happened before?

If a private boat owner managed to dig/get his boat out of the marina would he be doing wrong by facilitating the exit?

Mayald?

Just wondering.............

Secondly Ive not been past for ages but does anyone still risk mooring in said cowboys marina?

Tim

Edited by mrsmelly

Yes but the new company paid a year in advance apparently.

But this leaves the question hanging, what happens on the day the next annual payment falls due? If the new company stumps up the cash for another year in advance then fine, but what if they don't?

If CRT fail to block off the access on the day payment fails (highly UNlikely), the NAA charges slip into arrears again. The marina then enjoys network access and PL continues to collect NAA fees from the moorers whilst failing to pass it on to CRT and howling in the media about how unfair it all is.

Edited by Mike the Boilerman

Just wondering but where would genuine boat owners/moorers stand if CART did block the entrance?

Has this happened before?

If a private boat owner managed to dig/get his boat out of the marina would he be doing wrong by facilitating the exit?

Mayald?

Just wondering.............

Secondly Ive not been past for ages but does anyone still risk mooring in said cowboys marina?

Tim

Last year they threatened to put a barrier across the marina entrance. They said they would allow (licenced) boats out, but would allow nobody in. Had they done that, it would presumably have encouraged Pillings moorers to find another mooring elsewhere.

It didn't happen then, but I imagine if Pillings fail to pay there dues, the same will happen this time, and rather more swiftly than last year.

Not getting into the speculation about Pillings but unless CRT have some form of guarantee against those assets there is nothing to stop them selling them to another company

I think you are wrong. When a company goes bankrupt, recent transactions can be examined and the assets claimed, especially if to a related company - as I understand it

Yes but the new company paid a year in advance apparently.

But this leaves the question hanging, what happens on the day the next annual payment falls due? If the new company stumps up the cash for another year in advance then fine, but what if they don't?

If CRT fail to block off the access on the day payment fails (highly UNlikely), the NAA charges slip into arrears again. The marina then enjoys network access and PL continues to collect NAA fees from the moorers whilst failing to pass it on to CRT and howling in the media about how unfair it all is.

I would think it will depend on the date the new company officially takes over. It would be seen as unreasonable by the man on the top of the proverbial bus to prevent access if they only take over a week before the new fees are due. However if they took over 1 month before then it could be expected they would pay on time.

Which isn't what I said.

The person I replied to seemed to imply that the entrance was blocked and a crane was needed to get a boat out.

That is not the case because a NEW company paid the required charge in advance.

Sorry Mike it is you who needs to keep up!clapping.gif

I am talking about the new new company if you see what I mean (the second yet to be born phoenix company).

Ah I see what you mean! The old new company was formed last year and paid a year of NAA in advance. This is now rumoured to be about to liquidate, probably on the day before the next advance NAA payment falls due.

Speculation is that this is so PL can continue to collect NAA fees from moorers whilst dicking CRT about for a further year or two, eventually forming the new new company of which you speak, which will then enter into a new new NAA with CRT. CRT will once again extract some worthless assurances from the new new puppet director that it won't happen again.

Groundhog day all over again. Are we in agreement on this? :D

MtB

I think you are wrong. When a company goes bankrupt, recent transactions can be examined and the assets claimed, especially if to a related company - as I understand it

In theory this is right but in practice, it doesn't happen. Certainly didn't happen withe the last liquidation of PL. This is because there is no-one willing to foot the bill for the forensic accountants to do their stuff.

MtB

Ah I see what you mean! The old new company was formed last year and paid a year of NAA in advance. This is now rumoured to be about to liquidate, probably on the day before the next advance NAA payment falls due.

Speculation is that this is so PL can continue to collect NAA fees from moorers whilst dicking CRT about for a further year or two, eventually forming the new new company of which you speak, which will then enter into a new new NAA with CRT. CRT will once again extract some worthless assurances from the new new puppet director that it won't happen again.

Groundhog day all over again. Are we in agreement on this? biggrin.png

MtB

More or less but I was expecting the new phoenix to arise before the date for the next payment as I can't see CRT accepting no payment in advance having been diddled once and insisting on payment in advance.