My New Boat Lizzie Anne

kienik

Featured Posts

Evening all, just thought I'd post a few pictures of my new boat (to me) that I bought back in May of 2014,

I had an old Eggbridge 38 cruiser, but I really wanted a proper looking trad boat, after a long search I found Lizzie Anne, she in my opinion was over priced and had been on brokerage for approx 9 months so I went in with a very cheeky offer and it was accepted!

So I had her hauled out and surveyed, following that I had her grit blasted and two pack epoxy coated, I've updated the bathroom and kitchen and just need to do a bit of Fettling with the curtains etc now and she will be almost complete (if that's possible).

I've owned quite a few boats from little Springers and ex hire boats and now have what I feel is the boat ive fell in love with.

My reason for posting is that I'm looking for more info on her, I believe the hull was built by MCC (midland canal centre/stenson marine), is this the same place that the Jonathan Wilson served his time at??, she has extremely pleasing lines and swims beautifully and reverses immaculately, the best I've ever had the pleasure to reverse if I dare say that!

She was fitted out by Mancunain Narrowboats whilst they were trading from Calveley on the Shroppie,

I am in touch with the original and sole previous owner and I do have quite a bit of info on Lizzie Anne, but would like some more info on the shell builders and the fitters, she is powered by a lpws3 engine.

Here's some pics if the link works

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k143/kienik/d32fab541e9d836e3200ce7341977182_zpsc11644f2.jpg

I agree. Gorgeous lines! Nice to see the slight lift in the cabin handrail towards the for end. Normally only seen on Colecraft.

Got any photos without that awful cratch cover on the front though? Completely spoils the look of the boat IMO.

MtB

I agree. Gorgeous lines! Nice to see the slight lift in the cabin handrail towards the for end. Normally only seen on Colecraft.

Got any photos without that awful cratch cover on the front though? Completely spoils the look of the boat IMO.

MtB

Totaly agree...very pretty boat with the stove in a sensible place........I flippin hate cratches they spoil the looks of many a boat including my last narrowboat but not one my latest boat I am pleased to say.

Oh deary me, I need to see a councillor.

Nightwatch has both a Cratch cover AND a Pram cover. What can I do? I am so worried. I honestly didn't realise I would be in so much distress. Any advice welcome. How did this happen? This is all I can say.

Off Topic sorry.

PS. I do like the fact we now have two areas that are dry, and protected from the elements. We can stow the ready use coal in the Cratch amongst other things and the pram cover is like having a conservatory. There I feel better now.

Nightwatch has both a Cratch cover AND a Pram cover. What can I do? I am so worried. I honestly didn't realise I would be in so much distress. Any advice welcome. How did this happen? This is all I can say.

Off Topic sorry.

Worry not!! Ebay could be your saviour!! Put em up for sale and spend the fiver on beer

Tim

PS. I do like the fact we now have two areas that are dry, and protected from the elements. We can stow the ready use coal in the Cratch amongst other things and the pram cover is like having a conservatory. There I feel better now.

Oh deary me, I need to see a councillor.Nightwatch has both a Cratch cover AND a Pram cover. What can I do? I am so worried. I honestly didn't realise I would be in so much distress. Any advice welcome. How did this happen? This is all I can say.Off Topic sorry.Worry not!! Ebay could be your saviour!! Put em up for sale and spend the fiver on beerTimPS. I do like the fact we now have two areas that are dry, and protected from the elements. We can stow the ready use coal in the Cratch amongst other things and the pram cover is like having a conservatory. There I feel better now.

a fiver? A whole fiver.

Will I have to pay capital gains on that?

a fiver? A whole fiver.

Will I have to pay capital gains on that?

Not if you put that whole fiver in your pocket without telling anyone about this good deal you magaged to make.

Also you shouldn't supply the buyer with a bill of sale.

Peter.

Off Topic sorry.

Don't go fooling yourself into feeling better, just bite the bullet and be a proper boater! As far as I can gauge your target list should be something like.....

Ditch the cratch and pram cover, disconnect the bow thruster and fill the tube with concrete, take out the holding tank and get a potti, if your stove is in the wrong place move it, don't moor in a marina and don't CC or CM either, replace the puny leisure batteries, paint your boat yourself, with dulux, black it with creosote or precious metal or something equally radical, buy a petrol generator, don't go backwards, or do, don't have a telly, or if you do have a 75' mast, make a video of Rosie and Jim being behreaded, take the flag down and throw your fancy hat in the cut.

Have I missed anything?

Now, where did I put that tin hat........... Oh no! Someone's widdled in it! wink.png

• Greenie 1

Off Topic sorry.

We are similarly 'blighted' by Cratch and Pram covers. Maybe we can form a self-help support group, where fellow sufferers can work through our feelings of guilt associated with those bits remaining warm and dry during inclement weather, while others are less fortunate. Oh the shame! Edited by NB Ellisiana

I flippin hate cratches they spoil the looks of many a boat including my last narrowboat but not one my latest boat I am pleased to say.

I think a lot of the problem with appearance of cratch covers is that they start off triangular at the front, then transition to the roughly rectangular shape of the front of the cabin. Would look much better IMO if the triangular shape was maintained all the way back to the cabin front, as with the working boat cloths from which the cratch cover is derived. But it doesn't ever seem to be done that way - a quick google image search didn't find any photos.

The downsides are less space inside the cover, and a either a need for some sloping pieces on the cabin front to attach the back edge of the cover to, or an acceptance that there may be some rainwater leakage through here.

Hi all thanks for the comments she is a little stunner, Im currently doing some upgrading work on her inside, (new kitchen, complete new wetroom and taken all of the fixed seating out and making her a bit more comfortable, also taken the Torgem stove out and put a nice Squirrell in,

I've then got the curtains etc etc to do.

I'll try and get some pics up on here tonight but I seem to have lost PhotoBucket from my IPad, can anyone tell me which picture code I need to use as a direct link to the pictures?

Cheers

Nik

Don't go fooling yourself into feeling better, just bite the bullet and be a proper boater! As far as I can gauge your target list should be something like.....

Ditch the cratch and pram cover, disconnect the bow thruster and fill the tube with concrete, take out the holding tank and get a potti,...

No. Ditch the potti and get a holding tank. Much better. Ha haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa byeeeeeee (coat tails trailing!)

Edited by Loafer

Yes, that is a lovely boat, looks a bit like my own so maybe I'm prejudiced! Would it be rude to ask how much you paid for her?

She was advertised in Swanley Brokerage at £32,950, I paid £23,500 for her which I feel was a good price, ok I paid for extra bits such as

£400 hull survey

£600 gritblasting

£500 two pack blacking

I've spent £1000 on the shower room conversion

£1000 on the new kitchen appliances (cooker, hob and fridge, also worktops and tiles

£400 on the new Squirrell stove

That's about it really, I got her £10k under the asking price as I felt she was a bit dated inside but she has a fantastic hull and stunning lines which was the most important thing to me, some other boaty friends said I should have bought a shell and fitted it out but their is no way I could have afforded a shell that looks as good as she does and certainly the paint job would have been way out of my budget, she has been owned by one person from new and they certainly have loved her and cared for her extremely well.

She is powered by a LPWS3 engine and sounds lovely,

I've just uploaded some photos of before and after the refit/update, I've got hundres on my facebook profile so if you want to see more add me at Nik Lambert

Here's hoping I upload the correct codes on here

5fb4f7f0f784329fd5c740bc80d3ccd9_zps4a51

AE6AB8E6-7A41-4FE6-AC87-3EF07A32BC32_zps

849D7897-3098-4530-8EA7-0BC7AEAC7908_zps

446C2304-9D52-4C23-8F81-7633BFE03599_zps

This was her as I bought her

7616C258-45AA-4C20-866F-F87EC7DCE8D8_zps

This is her now

69BC07DE-5DEA-47BE-95E5-4893914EE065_zps

This is the bathroom as I bought her

592681B8-B6D0-4EE9-ADD4-1631141E7E69_zps

This is the updated shower room complete with wetroom floor made from a chequer plate tray

I'm uploading more photos but it takes a while on PB so I'll leave it here for now.

I'll pst more later on this evening

Once again thanks for the kind comments

Nik

That's about it really, I got her £10k under the asking price as I felt she was a bit dated inside but she has a fantastic hull and stunning lines which was the most important thing to me, some other boaty friends said I should have bought a shell and fitted it out but their is no way I could have afforded a shell that looks as good as she does and certainly the paint job would have been way out of my budget, she has been owned by one person from new and they certainly have loved her and cared for her extremely well.

It looks like Andy Russell sign writing -- did he do the whole paint job? It certainly looks good.