January Licence Renewal

David Schweizer

Featured Posts

Not had mine but I did accidentally find out recently that CRT have somehow got my previous address on their system despite sending renewal invitations (for the last two years) to my current address huh.png some sort of glitch in their system. I only have one customer number, apparently, so its not that they think I'm two people. I do have two boats though so they do get confused at times.

Worth checking they have the right address as I have an idea they may have had two IT systems which were merged possibly resulting in erratic data.

edite to add the bit in brackets to clarify

Edited by magnetman

Has anyone had their January Boat Licence renewal notice yet? They seem to be arriving later each year.

Yes, must have come over 2 weeks ago, It was for a Gold Licence so rang them as I only wanted standard this year and they arrived two weeks last Monday, they are now in the boat portholes.

Ours expires at the end of December, no renewal notice thus far. Last year we didn't receive a notice at all. A phone call to CRT set things right.

I am a bit worried though, as we have a new BSS and I don't know if they can find that in the database.

Helen

Ours expires at the end of December, no renewal notice thus far. Last year we didn't receive a notice at all. A phone call to CRT set things right.

I am a bit worried though, as we have a new BSS and I don't know if they can find that in the database.

Helen

I had a problem when I renewed last week with non BSS so would suggest it might be worth a phone call to check they have it

apparently the examiner emails CRT/EA the details so they will have it on their system despite the lack of a paper copy.

At least I hope so as I had two done this year without paper..

(ref BSS)

It goes on a data base that CRT have access to that is how it was explained to me but due to one number being entered wrong (most probably fat finger) mine did not show

Helen

I had to quote the number of my new piece of paper, I was going to say certificate.

I checked last month that they have now got my new address on file as last year they ignored the update and sent paperwork to previous marina even though I had informed them when I changed from river only to river and canal.

I know my licence is due, and just go online to do it. Usually on the 31st December!!

Yes, so do I, but you can't do that without the renewal number, which is on the renewal letter, unless you know a way round that requirement.

Edited by David Schweizer

my boat licence number has worked in previous years?? has this changed

yes,it has, I can no longer do it the same way.

It's the same as road tax now, just another bigbrother way of checking you have a home address and penalising you financially if yoiu don't!!

Edited by matty40s

Yes, so do I, but you can't do that without the renewal number, which is on the renewal letter, unless you know a way round that requirement.

You could do it with your customer reference number (not your boat index number) in previous years. Has that changed now?

You could do it with your customer reference number (not your boat index number) in previous years. Has that changed now?

I am not sure how many times I have to say this before people believe me, but you have to quote both your Customer Number and the Renewal Number in order to be able to log into the renewal page. The only way you can get your Renewal Number is to receive your renewal notice (which still hasn't arrived)

Edited by David Schweizer

We still have not received a renewal reminder for the licence that expires 31th December.

A phone call today to CRT (to a friendly and efficient lady) gave us the renewal number, We went online and were pleasantly surprised to see that our new BSS details were displayed on the screen, filling in all the other stuff went smoothly and we are now hoping to receive the licence disks in the near future.

Helen

By the way, why are they called 'disks' as the pieces of paper we are sent are square ( at least when folded over)? ( Perhaps a silly question from a Dutch woman)