Fishing from my boat

redfastlad

Featured Posts

As with moorings, the position is not as clear. CaRT would have people believe that it controls fishing rights on its waterways. However, there are enabling acts that give fishing rights to landowners and riparian owners.

As confirmed in Swan Hill Developments v BWB.

As to whether it makes any difference if fishing from a boat, it doesn't. I've been trying to find the case of Lovett v Fairclough [for entirely different reasons than fishing rights], but as I recall it decided that fishing in water over someone else's land was trespass regardless of the position you stood - i.e. if you were standing on the Scottish bank, you couldn't cast your line into the English half of the bordering river, nor fish from a boat on the English side [?!]

Some discussion over the issue here -

http://forum.rdaa.co.uk/viewtopic.php?p=15680

This is todays update from John W Ellis, National fisheries and Angling Manager. The fishing rights on The Newark Dyke within Newark town centre are owned by the CRT they are leased to Newark Piscatorials and the agreement includes all of the no fishing section in Newark town centre. The angling club like like other angling clubs with agreements with CRT are required as part of the trusts standard angling agreement document to the bailiff these fishing rights including the no fishing sections within overall length. When it is decided to make a section of CRT network a no fishing area that applies equally to the fishing from the bank or from craft. I can confirm that good fishing opportunities are available both upstream and downstream of the no fishing section either on a full membership or short term

membership basis from the patrolling bailiff.

Should you wish to voice your opinions on this issue you can contact Mr Ellis on 01908 302555

or by e-mail john.ellis@canalrivertrust.org.uk

As Newark has become a bilingual state of Nottinghamshire, the police are somewhat overrun by the eastern europeons thieving from every shop in Newark also the price of scrap has dropped dramatically recently therefore the traveller community are finding it hard to keep their Range Rover sports in fuel, and our over stretched police force must take holidays just like everyone else, I am surmising that a call from a bailiff will be almost if not definatly be on the very bottom of their priority list of call outs!!!

Blimey it hasn't taken many posts for you to return to your former self has it?

frusty.gif

Edited by alan_fincher

"Become"??

Redfastlad has been banned from the forum in the past for his extreme views, filthy language and threatening posts.

As I stated before I will stand my corner in any fight, but that week in Newark was not about trouble and fighting, so if you do not have any constructive comments to make please keep out of my business and past history raking which seems to be your strong point. Edited by redfastlad

As I stated before I will stand my corner in any fight, but that week in Newark was not about trouble and fighting, so if you do not have any constructive comments to make please keep out of my business and past history raking which seems to your strong point.

I didn't rake the past, you did with your racist comments.

As you have posted on a public forum I would point out that you have made it everyone's business and I, like others, felt it worth highlighting your racist post and the fact that you haven't changed.

In my opinion commenting against prejudice and bigotry is highly constructive so I am happy to continue posting with your blessing.

Thank you.

Edited by carlt

Anyone who starts a thread ostensibly about difficulties fishing, and then for no reason in particular diverts it to a racist rant, should reasonably expect to get it picked up upon.

If you don't want a reaction, stop pressing the buttons that are more or less guaranteed to produce one.

As I stated before I will stand my corner in any fight, but that week in Newark was not about trouble and fighting, so if you do not have any constructive comments to make please keep out of my business and past history raking which seems to be your strong point.

1/ You made the racist and objectionable comment

2/ This is a public forum and anyone can reply to a thread

3/ Your past history on this forum is not a secret

4/ You're not a Moderator so don't make the rules

Suddenly from me making a very valid point about our loss of rights as boaters/fishermen I get negatives from so called contributors???

As your views on me are somewhat history I suggest you either post a positive comment ref this posting or get off my case otherwise I can turn nasty and I seem to remember you do get easily drawn into slanging matches which is your bag these days.

In the original post you complain that a baliff asked you to stop fishing, in an area posted as 'No Fishing', you then complained to C&RT and received confirmation that they had leased the fishing rights, and that you could join the club on either a full, or short term basis.

This is todays update from John W Ellis, National fisheries and Angling Manager. The fishing rights on The Newark Dyke within Newark town centre are owned by the CRT they are leased to Newark Piscatorials and the agreement includes all of the no fishing section in Newark town centre. The angling club like like other angling clubs with agreements with CRT are required as part of the trusts standard angling agreement document to the bailiff these fishing rights including the no fishing sections within overall length. When it is decided to make a section of CRT network a no fishing area that applies equally to the fishing from the bank or from craft. I can confirm that good fishing opportunities are available both upstream and downstream of the no fishing section either on a full membership or short term
membership basis from the patrolling bailiff.
Should you wish to voice your opinions on this issue you can contact Mr Ellis on 01908 302555
or by e-mail john.ellis@canalrivertrust.org.uk

Why are you keeping the issue 'going' you were in the wrong - if you want to fish on 'Private Waters' buy a day ticket or get a short term membership.

End Of !!!!

Suddenly from me making a very valid point about our loss of rights as boaters/fishermen I get negatives from so called contributors???

As your views on me are somewhat history I suggest you either post a positive comment ref this posting or get off my case otherwise I can turn nasty and I seem to remember you do get easily drawn into slanging matches which is your bag these days.

Post and poster reported for threatening post.

I suggest you either post a positive comment ref this posting or get off my case otherwise I can turn nasty

"Can turn nasty??"

Come on Chris, after your threatening behaviour towards Carrie, racism, threats against me and others who object to your bigotry and then your post full of obscenities that finally got you banned (though that didn't stop you rejoining under different names to continue your unpleasantness) I think you're already "nasty" no turning required.

Carlt you are a nasty piece of work that I have tangled with before as you have no real interest in fishing or boaters rights I suggest that you visit my home town of Rotherham, where the EDL would welcome your presence every other Saturday.

Some people are on this forum are here to promote and inform of boaters problems and try to help with advice or information, it seems that you cannot or will not change your tack and are merely on here to try and belittle posters thereby making it difficult for genuine posters to have the courage to post their thoughts or ideas. carlt you are single handedly killing off this room well done slagging off people will only drive boaters to other forms of expression.

Edited by redfastlad

Carlt you are a nasty piece of work that I have tangled with before as you have no real interest in fishing or boaters rights I suggest that you visit my home town of Rotherham, where the EDL would welcome your presence every other Saturday.

Some people are on this forum are here to promote and inform of boaters problems and try to help with advice or information, it seems that you cannot or will not change your tack and are merely on here to try and belittle posters thereby making it difficult for genuine posters to have the courage to post their thoughts or ideas. carlt you are single handedly killing off this room well done slagging off people will only drive boaters to other forms of expression.

Sorry, but tirades like that make you no better.

The Forum has rules, so if you think something is inappropriate then report it to the Mods and let them deal with it. It isn't difficult, they even provide a button down in the right corner.

I am not a fisherman but I fail to see why anyone should expect to be allowed to fish in any waters without the permission of whoever controls the fishing be it owner or club. This to me means checking before you fish and from what I have seen it is generally fairly obvious with notices at most bridges.

I am not a fisherman but I fail to see why anyone should expect to be allowed to fish in any waters without the permission of whoever controls the fishing be it owner or club. This to me means checking before you fish and from what I have seen it is generally fairly obvious with notices at most bridges.

Agreed, but there seems to be a few people (some on here) who think that these rules don't apply to them and will argue that they are right not matter what they are told.

As somebody who fishes and is a boater I'm not sure you can say I have no interest in either.

I am a regular visitor to Rotherham as my best friend lives there and I have family in the area.

As you can see my avatar is a "Hope not Hate" banner so I do my fair share of campaigning against those odious fascists, the EDL.

I am happy to talk boating and fishing but any time you or any other bigot churns out another off-topic racist post then you can expect a belittling from me.

You stopped being a "genuine poster" when you, for no good reason, turned your attention from fishing off your boat to yet another load of racist drivel.

Maybe if you actually tried to stick to boating or fishing you wouldn't get people "belittling" you.

As to "genuine posters", if this is what you describe as a "genuine post"...

As Newark has become a bilingual state of Nottinghamshire, the police are somewhat overrun by the eastern europeons thieving from every shop in Newark also the price of scrap has dropped dramatically recently therefore the traveller community are finding it hard to keep their Range Rover sports in fuel...

..... then you should keep your ideas to yourself or post them on a more appropriate forum....EDL's perhaps?

As somebody who fishes and is a boater I'm not sure you can say I have no interest in either.

I am a regular visitor to Rotherham as my best friend lives there and I have family in the area.

As you can see my avatar is a "Hope not Hate" banner so I do my fair share of campaigning against those odious fascists, the EDL.

I am happy to talk boating and fishing but any time you or any other bigot churns out another off-topic racist post then you can expect a belittling from me.

You stopped being a "genuine poster" when you, for no good reason, turned your attention from fishing off your boat to yet another load of racist drivel.

Maybe if you actually tried to stick to boating or fishing you wouldn't get people "belittling" you.

As to "genuine posters", if this is what you describe as a "genuine post"...

..... then you should keep your ideas to yourself or post them on a more appropriate forum....EDL's perhaps?

. I don't know anything about the o.p but you have clearly locked horns before ,if these are the things effecting his town and his fishing he has a right to mention it , but one thing I am noticing is that a lot of the posts coming up on here end in you having a rather over long, over drawn out, knit picking point scoring row and it's starting to make you look a bit sad, you clearly have some very valid points and lots of boating experience to pass on to people, but don't go down the julyanian route it will only end in tears

. I don't know anything about the o.p but you have clearly locked horns before ,if these are the things effecting his town and his fishing he has a right to mention it , but one thing I am noticing is that a lot of the posts coming up on here end in you having a rather over long, over drawn out, knit picking point scoring row and it's starting to make you look a bit sad, you clearly have some very valid points and lots of boating experience to pass on to people, but don't go down the julyanian route it will only end in tears

If anybody wants to have a racist rant then they can expect me and others to offer the opposing view.

There is no nit picking or point scoring.

Redfastlad has been banned from the forum for his bigoted outbursts and threatening and abusive behaviour and never learns that this isn't the place for it.

Every time he comes back he can't help himself and has to have an odious off-topic rant.

His post had nothing to do with fishing from his boat and I am not the only one who objected to it but he chose me to be portrayed as the lone troublemaker.

I am not the only person who objected to his bile and if he had turned on Graham, Alan Fincher, Alan de Enfield, Machpoint or Bazza I suspect they would have responded in a similar way to me.

Write racist rubbish and I will always react, just as others have who he has chosen not to respond to.

You are welcome to your opinion of me but I'm afraid it will not influence the way I respond to bigots.

Edited by carlt
  • Greenie 2

Turn nasty? You're already there.

As happens I have a crap memory and I'd forgotten your objectionable views until you embarked on your racist nastiness.

And your views on post 21?

• Greenie 1