Fishing from my boat

redfastlad

Featured Posts

I'm asking for your opinion on post 21.

I know you didn't write it. At least four people objected to it. Not just carlt.

. peoples opinions on this kind of subject are far to deep for me to want to get involved in on a boating forum, but I do believe in freedom of speech, and as I said Carlt just seems to finish off in a row on a lot of subjects lately, and when the pack mentality rears it's ugly head I find it a bit sad ,if you object to his opinion either try and change it through dialog or ignore it, at the end of the day he is as entitled to his opinion as you or I

. peoples opinions on this kind of subject are far to deep for me to want to get involved in on a boating forum, but I do believe in freedom of speech, and as I said Carlt just seems to finish off in a row on a lot of subjects lately, and when the pack mentality rears it's ugly head I find it a bit sad ,if you object to his opinion either try and change it through dialog or ignore it, at the end of the day he is as entitled to his opinion as you or I

No, sorry, I do not accept this. Racism has no place here or any where else. I do and will challenge it anywhere. The OP is perfectly entitled to give his opinion on fishing law.

As somebody who fishes and is a boater I'm not sure you can say I have no interest in either.

I am a regular visitor to Rotherham as my best friend lives there and I have family in the area.

As you can see my avatar is a "Hope not Hate" banner so I do my fair share of campaigning against those odious fascists, the EDL.

I am happy to talk boating and fishing but any time you or any other bigot churns out another off-topic racist post then you can expect a belittling from me.

You stopped being a "genuine poster" when you, for no good reason, turned your attention from fishing off your boat to yet another load of racist drivel.

Maybe if you actually tried to stick to boating or fishing you wouldn't get people "belittling" you.

As to "genuine posters", if this is what you describe as a "genuine post"...

..... then you should keep your ideas to yourself or post them on a more appropriate forum....EDL's perhaps?

Sorry Carlt I have proposed your name to the EDL and they have rejected you!!!

Sorry Carlt I have proposed your name to the EDL and they have rejected you!!!

That's strange...You'd have thought a recommendation from one of their most ardent supporters would meant I was certain to get in.

I said Carlt just seems to finish off in a row on a lot of subjects lately,

If you don't like my posts then there is an ignore function.

Unlike Redfastlad, in all my years of membership of this forum I have yet to receive a ban or even a warning for my contributions so I have no intention of stopping challenging racism and prejudice whenever it raises its ugly head just because you don't like it.

It the perpetrators of such poison want to start a row about it then I am happy to discuss it with them.

As I said I am not the only one who challenged redfastlad's bile but he chose me to respond to so I don't quite see where I am at fault here.

He responded to my post criticising his racism and a discussion ensued.

If you don't like discussion then I suggest you are on the wrong website (The clue is on the top line).

. peoples opinions on this kind of subject are far to deep for me to want to get involved in on a boating forum, but I do believe in freedom of speech,

and yet you do not respect my freedom to respond to bigoted posts.

Double standards surely?

I have no objection whatsoever to redfastlad expressing his odious views so how come you object to me offering a rebuttal?

Hardly an example of belief in freedom of speech.

.when the pack mentality rears it's ugly head I find it a bit sad

So if more than one person finds his views objectionable then it is a "pack mentality"?

The very fact that the majority of people reject racism and bigotry is the reason why the BNP has all but disappeared.

It isn't "pack mentality" it is normal people rejecting extremism.

I call it democracy.

That's strange...You'd have thought a recommendation from one of their most ardent supporters would meant I was certain to get in.

If you don't like my posts then there is an ignore function.

Unlike Redfastlad, in all my years of membership of this forum I have yet to receive a ban or even a warning for my contributions so I have no intention of stopping challenging racism and prejudice whenever it raises its ugly head just because you don't like it.

It the perpetrators of such poison want to start a row about it then I am happy to discuss it with them.

As I said I am not the only one who challenged redfastlad's bile but he chose me to respond to so I don't quite see where I am at fault here.

He responded to my post criticising his racism and a discussion ensued.

If you don't like discussion then I suggest you are on the wrong website (The clue is on the top line).

and yet you do not respect my freedom to respond to bigoted posts.

Double standards surely?

I have no objection whatsoever to redfastlad expressing his odious views so how come you object to me offering a rebuttal?

Hardly an example of belief in freedom of speech.

So if more than one person finds his views objectionable then it is a "pack mentality"?

The very fact that the majority of people reject racism and bigotry is the reason why the BNP has all but disappeared.

It isn't "pack mentality" it is normal people rejecting extremism.

I call it democracy.

. Carlt you don't have to explain yourself to me,I come on here for a chat and a giggle, I was, in my rather crude way trying to give you the view from the outside, and as I said you do have a lot of valuable knowledge to pass to the less experienced of us without getting involved in the playground type pissing up the wall rows that you seem to get dragged into,And to throw a different angle at you, my local area is absolutely over run with migrants all the warehouse,s that used to be the source of local work are now Eastern European closed shops,the local shops have one by one become polish supermarkets were you are not made to feel very welcome as you once were when they were local type shops, and I don't like it one bit, I don't think that makes me a racist and perhaps redfastlad lives in a similar area but just expresses it in a place or a way that he should,nt , so to sum up, rise above it rather than get dragged down into it, hope all that makes sense to you and I have,not upset you to much,cheers

Just how did you all get from fishing to racism blink.png

Post #21

"..........As Newark has become a bilingual state of Nottinghamshire, the police are somewhat overrun by the eastern europeons thieving from every shop in Newark also the price of scrap has dropped dramatically recently therefore the traveller community are finding it hard to keep their Range Rover sports in fuel........."

I was, in my rather crude way trying to give you the view from the outside,

No, you were giving me your view, not anybody else's.

As for "overrun with migrants" I have already said to another Rotherham racist that I live in a town that is almost a third the size of Rotherham but with twice the number of East European immigrants yet do not recognise the picture that redfastlad paints.

I feel very welcome in the polish supermarkets that I frequent and never feel threatened or unwelcome.

You can either take the negative and live a life filled with bitterness and hatred or look at the positive and have loads of friends with dodgy accents.

As for "rising above it" I am already up there but will still challenge every racist or prejudiced comment made by redfastlad or anybody else.

Just how did you all get from fishing to racism :blink:

. I think that probably stems from the fact that some people strongly oppose the fact that there local waters are being raped of there contents by hungry migrants and the way it was expressed caused several of the more liberal members to get all excited and start throwing the racist card around willy billy

No, you were giving me your view, not anybody else's.

As for "overrun with migrants" I have already said to another Rotherham racist that I live in a town that is almost a third the size of Rotherham but with twice the number of East European immigrants yet do not recognise the picture that redfastlad paints.

I feel very welcome in the polish supermarkets that I frequent and never feel threatened or unwelcome.

You can either take the negative and live a life filled with bitterness and hatred or look at the positive and have loads of friends with dodgy accents.

As for "rising above it" I am already up there but will still challenge every racist or prejudiced comment made by redfastlad or anybody else.

take it how you want I can't be arsed and I could piss over the wall, you just carry on but sadly you,you will have to find someone else to turn this into a row as I'm out

take it how you want I can't be arsed and I could piss over the wall, you just carry on but sadly you,you will have to find someone else to turn this into a row as I'm out

Funny how you criticise me and I just defend myself yet it is me "turning it into a row".

Pot, kettle, black!

. I think that probably stems from the fact that some people strongly oppose the fact that there local waters are being raped of there contents by hungry migrants and the way it was expressed in a vile racist manner caused several of the more liberal members to get all excited and start throwing the racist card around willy billy

Why would fishing be classed as theft when the people who know the way England works put them back .

The new incomers are being educated to this fact by way of signage in different languages.

My point on fishing is that CRT when selling the rights to lengths of canal should have an exemption clause that permits any licenced boat and boater with a rod licence when moored to dangle their maggots.