Missing teenager - Hanwell, Brentford, Kew area

Wanted

Featured Posts

From the family; Police are issuing a publicity statement tomorrow and have asked that people don't attempt to search for Alice at this stage, they are asking for the police to be allowed to do their job and to await further information.

BBC text from same link as Junior Missing Alice Gross's rucksack found by River Brent

A rucksack belonging to a 14-year-old girl who has been missing for a week has been found beside the River Brent in west London.

Alice Gross of Hanwell, west London, was last seen by her family at about 13:00 BST on 28 August.

CCTV footage shows her walking along the Grand Union Canal tow path near the Holiday Inn at Brentford Lock between 13:30 BST and 17:30 BST.

The Met Police's homicide team has "taken the lead" on the case.

The purple rucksack, which contains items that have been identified by Alice's family, was found alongside the towpath on Tuesday, police said.

'Increasingly worried'

CCTV footage of the towpath shows the Brentside High School student wearing a rucksack style bag while walking in the River Brent area.

She was heading in the direction of the Kew at about 14:23 BST and more than an hour later was seen on the same tow path, walking alone, heading in the direction of Hanwell.

The Met Police said it was "not unusual" for the homicide team to be involved, although it remains a missing person inquiry.

Det Ch Insp Andy Chalmers said: "A week on since Alice was last seen by her family we are becoming increasingly worried about her welfare and safety as each day passes.

"Her disappearance is out of character and this investigation continues to be a priority for us.

"Our investigation has reached a point where we now know Alice was heading along the Grand Union Canal tow path in the direction of Hanwell and one would assume she was heading home."

Police have appealed for anyone who saw Alice on the towpath or befriended her while she was on a song-writing workshop at the Camden Roundhouse to contact them.

The teenager has been described as being 5ft 2in tall, slim, with shoulder-length light brown hair.

When she was last seen by her family, she was wearing dark blue jeans, a dark green lacy cardigan and denim Van's shoes. She may also be wearing tartan-framed spectacles.

Really really sorry but just heard on the news a young girls body has been found sounds like the girl in this thread so sorry to the family my heart goes out to them

Mod edit: the media that put out this were mistaken, she is unfortunately still missing.

Edited by FadeToScarlet

lets wait to we hear Official confirmation on that. we don't want to be jumping to wrong conclusions.

. Not really interested in a little point scoring spat over a subject like this but as the girl was named on the news and the location was the same as the search area I don't really think I'm jumping to a conclusion so let's just show a bit of compassion for a family who are going through something I would,nt wish on my worse enemy

. Not really interested in a little point scoring spat over a subject like this but as the girl was named on the news and the location was the same as the search area I don't really think I'm jumping to a conclusion so let's just show a bit of compassion for a family who are going through something I would,nt wish on my worse enemy

I have a 13-year-old son. I can't imagine how I would feel if anything happened to him. When I read earlier that her backpack was found I knew that was a horrible development.

My heart goes out to the parents. Whether it was this missing girl or not, it is someone's daughter and, as you said, what the family is going through is something one would not wish on their worst enemy.

Are you confusing the woman's body found in North London? Or am I confused and these are the same thing, I just hope not

Also this BBC Newsbeat item lists as less than an hour old, so it would seem odd if that had gone out with much worse news already a possibility.

So I'm very much clinging to the hope that the message above doesn't turn out to relate to this case.

What news did you hear this on as I have listened to all the news channels and searched the internet plus the Find Alice Facebook page and can find no reference thankfully