Missing teenager - Hanwell, Brentford, Kew area

Wanted

Featured Posts

Oh bugger - it gets worse....

Latest, (may be same link updated???)

"Suspect Alnis Zalkalns has murder conviction".

"Mr Zalkalns served seven years in prison for murder in Latvia, after being convicted in 1998.

Police say he was arrested in London in 2009 for indecently assaulting a 14-year-old girl, but no further action was taken."

No further action was taken... That says it all. frusty.gif

in my previous post I said there was probably no connection between the two disappearances, but when I said that I was obviously unaware of his previous conviction and also his arrest in 2009.

Why do we let convicted foreign criminals into our country? Don't we have enough of our own? Even convicted murderers are welcomed into the country with open arms! It seems to happen quite a lot... Are these cases just oversights or indicative of a liberalism which borders on stupidity?

Edited by blackrose

Why do we let convicted foreign criminals into our country? Don't we have enough of our own? Even convicted foreign murderers are welcomed with open arms! It seems to happen quite a lot... Are these cases just oversights or indicative of a liberalism which borders on stupidity?

Well in this case it seems the Latvian authorities hadn't included him on the list, so the police and immigration authorities were completely unaware of his past. From the Telegraph:

The Home Office operates a computer system called the "Warnings Index" or "WI" which contains information shared by foreign countries, including European Union states, on terrorists and criminals.

However Latvian authorities have insisted they were under no obligation to forewarn their British colleagues about Zalkalns conviction.

"According to law, we don't have to inform about previous convictions. We didn't get a request back then whether he was convicted. Once we got a request, we answered," said one Latvian official.

No further action was taken... That says it all. :banghead:

in my previous post I said there was probably no connection between the two disappearances, but when I said that I was obviously unaware of his previous conviction and also his arrest in 2009.

Why do we let convicted foreign criminals into our country? Don't we have enough of our own? Even convicted murderers are welcomed into the country with open arms! It seems to happen quite a lot... Are these cases just oversights or indicative of a liberalism which borders on stupidity?

you will be accused of being a racist if you're not careful with your words.

I hope and prey that Alice is found alive and well and this has a happy ending. Also I also hope this guy is nowt to do with it.

Martyn

No further action was taken... That says it all. frusty.gif

Well, they didn't have enough evidence to take action. What did you expect them to do, convict him without any evidence?

He had served his sentence. Are you suggesting that people shouldn't be allowed to travel after they are released from prison?

Well, they didn't have enough evidence to take action. What did you expect them to do, convict him without any evidence?

He had served his sentence. Are you suggesting that people shouldn't be allowed to travel after they are released from prison?

Which part of 'can we keep this particular thread on topic' do you not understand?

#FindAlice

Which part of 'can we keep this particular thread on topic' do you not understand?

#FindAlice

Sorry, I didn't realise you had been put in charge around here.....

My post still bumped the thread, so it did just as much good as posting useless hashtags on a site that doesn't support them.

My post still bumped the thread, so it did just as much good as posting useless hashtags on a site that doesn't support them.

I'm not in charge.

#FindAlice

Getting back to the point, there is now a much wider timeframe than originally suggested. And at very least there is a missing bicycle, and a missing man. All of these things potentially could connect with the waterways. This issue should be published in all the waterway magazines and websites. Assuming that rival publications monitor this one - please pick it up and run with it if you are not already.

I know that the specific stretch of canal was closed very quickly but the missing man and bicycle could be further afield. The whole boating community should be in on this, just in case.

It's not about who is in charge, it's about not loosing the focus of this thread. The idea behind the #FindAlice is that others can repost it on FB or Twitter which helps to get the story trending.

Now, as it stands, This is still a missing case, Somebody, maybe a boater may have seen something. I hope that very real message doesn't get lost in amongst the arguments.

Please keep posting but I urge that the focus is on the search, the debate, no doubt will rumble on long after resolution.

Getting back to the point, there is now a much wider timeframe than originally suggested. And at very least there is a missing bicycle, and a missing man. All of these things potentially could connect with the waterways. This issue should be published in all the waterway magazines and websites. Assuming that rival publications monitor this one - please pick it up and run with it if you are not already.

According to this afternoons Evening Standard, the bike he was seen riding on CCTV was found at his home.

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/missing-alice-gross-arnis-zalkalns-now-a-suspect-as-met-release-cctv-of-latvian-builder-cycling-near-canal-path-9740096.html