Crick parking

Chop!

Featured Posts

This was the car after escaping the mud bath:

14245396476_486d95112d_z.jpg

Lovely to meet you and Glenda too. I always like putting faces to names.

I was disappointed with the show this year, lots of "missing stands".

Went to Marine Engine Services to stock up with bits and they weren't there!!!!

Parked on grass verge due to long long queues which we sat in for ages and ages---took about 2 hrs from Rugby ...forward planning for next year me thinks. Loved the day but sooooooooooooooooo glad did not use their mud bath parking. I would not have got my oh so sensible golf cabriolet out.

Plenty of cars coming in this morning.

Bod

30 min queue from m1

45 mins queue from m1

We were almost an hour to get in this morning from the M1, worth the wait though as I really enjoyed my first boat show.

Long queue from the M1 but nothing from the other way yesterday, I suggest getting the map out and working out a detour so you approach from the East.

Great show yesterday, weather great, car park interesting and entertaining but OK! Lots of mud take your wellies!

N

LOL my car always looks worse than that once the Beet lifting season begins, I swear there is more mud on the roads around here than in the fields.

Phil

Long queue from the M1 but nothing from the other way yesterday, I suggest getting the map out and working out a detour so you approach from the East.

Great show yesterday, weather great, car park interesting and entertaining but OK! Lots of mud take your wellies!

N

N

When we used to come by car rather than by boat, we always left the M1 at the junction further south. It's a bit of a drive, taking you past Althrop House, but when you get to the show ground you can normally turn straight in, partly because they don't want you blocking the road from that direction. Far preferable to waiting in a queue for an hour.

Hi all

We made a brief visit today, mainly to catch up with colleagues we haven't seen for some time. We approached from the A14 then through Cold Hatton and were able to be on site with no queuing. Parking was on a largely green field, compared to the slimy morasses that we passed on the way.

It's the first time in several years that we've visited, the show seems to have contracted somewhat since then, although the majority of exhibitors/colleagues I spoke to said that business/ enquiries was generally on the up, hopefully a sign that the downturn is at an end.

We were lucky to leave the car park without assistance from a local farmer and tractor, luckier still to be able to park right outside the Red Lion in the village to enjoy a drink and lunch after a change of shoes. Wine, beer and 2 ploughmans for £13 was a good deal for us.

Cheers

Dave

First visit to the boat show today. Parked by bridge 15 and had a nice walk along the towpath to the show. Rained on and off all day but still enjoyed the show. Had a good look around several boats and learned a lot from all but one of the guides who were very friendly and helpful.

Felt a bit sorry for the stall holders who looked very underwhelmed at the lack of customers in the rain. I think they had a better day yesterday.

We went last night and it was very poor in the car parks by the way John ta very much for meeting us in the car park with the Sat etc. Went again today and walked from the village which was quicker than driving the car parks were awful by the afternoon dont envy one getting out later

Peter

We moored by bridge 17.

Crossed B17 then a dead straight track up and down the flank of Cracks Hill and down to bridge 13. A short walk down the towpath to the temporary footbridge. Not too muddy but some very muddy bits when we got in.

A good day out.

N

We went on Saturday. It was squelchy ( love that word) underfoot. Unfortunately my car, Audi A4 couldn't cope with the mud so the parking guys just directed us down a lesser used row of cars to park. IMO the rows of cars were too close together considering the conditions. On the whole I enjoyed my first boat show but I do think that the companies showing the boats need to have better system as no one acknowledged we were there waiting for about 10 mins. If I was looking to buy a boat I would not have been impressed.

On the whole I enjoyed my first boat show but I do think that the companies showing the boats need to have better system as no one acknowledged we were there waiting for about 10 mins. If I was looking to buy a boat I would not have been impressed.

A lot seem to have had sense of humour failures by sunday, one in patticular was very rude when i asked about her portholes! I think they just get tired of the wheel kickers. Having said that some of them were very happy to show you around thier boats and answer questions.

I'm in sales too so understand the frustration that they must feel but that's all part of the job. We only looked at one boat but walking around it just seemed chaotic with lots of folk confused about how to get on to see the boats. The couple I was with had been asked by the company to go to see something specific on a boat they have ordered. Luckily when I bought my boat I wandered round a few brokerages then went directly to the boat builder who had plenty of time to discuss everything.

Hope you got the answers you wanted regarding portholes.....

Is this the throaty v40 I heard and saw get stuck on the way out on Sunday?

I'm in sales too so understand the frustration that they must feel but that's all part of the job. We only looked at one boat but walking around it just seemed chaotic with lots of folk confused about how to get on to see the boats. The couple I was with had been asked by the company to go to see something specific on a boat they have ordered. Luckily when I bought my boat I wandered round a few brokerages then went directly to the boat builder who had plenty of time to discuss everything.

Hope you got the answers you wanted regarding portholes.....

You forgot the most important part we couldn't tell any difference from what has changed when we got aboard. She's in build though so worse comes to worse it will be a nice surprise when she arrives.

We said on the day that the it would of been nice to have more seating instead of waiting for the first sign of someone getting up to try and get a table to each lunch.

Is this the throaty v40 I heard and saw get stuck on the way out on Sunday?

The car is a C30, yes the exhaust is a "little" throaty, car has been tweaked a little. I didn't get stuck though, with 2nd gear lots of feathering the clutch and DSC managed to keep the car rolling and got on to the hard at the very bottom of the parking field by the entrance to the camp site. We left about one o'clock ish.

Edited by Ray T

The car is a C30, yes the exhaust is a "little" throaty, car has been tweaked a little. I didn't get stuck though, with 2nd gear lots of feathering the clutch and DSC managed to keep the car rolling and got on to the hard at the very bottom of the parking field by the entrance to the camp site. We left about one o'clock ish.

sorry I am not up on my Volvo's but it was you I saw. You were behind us as we were just having lunch back at the car and wondering whether we should leave early as a few vehicles in front of you were getting rather bogged down?