Painting Your Boat on the Cut

dekker

Featured Posts

I was talking to a boater the other day who said his mate had got a ticket fot painting his boat on the cut. Water pollution was mentioned but I don't know if he meant potential or actual pollution.

What do members think?

Could CRT give a ticket for painting your boat on the cut?

I was talking to a boater the other day who said his mate had got a ticket fot painting his boat on the cut. Water pollution was mentioned but I don't know if he meant potential or actual pollution.

What do members think?

Could CRT give a ticket for painting your boat on the cut?

What is a CRT "Ticket"?

What is the "ticket" for? Overstaying? Pollution? Something else?

I've always painted my boat on the cut. No one has ever said I couldn't.

It isn't that you can't paint a boat on the cut. But, I've seen boaters doing it and creating loads of mess around. Unless you have the authority to back a complaint, most people would just grumble under their breath, tut and go on their way.

Edited by Higgs

It isn't that you can't paint a boat on the cut. But, I've seen boaters doing it and creating loads of mess around. Unless you have the authority to back a complaint, most people would just grumble under their breath, tut and go on their way.

How can anyone make the BCN any worse than it is by chucking paint/turps/sandpaper into the water.

:)

I remember years ago (2001) I was moored in the vicinity of Limpley Stoke (sound sort of ED solution device involving a coal fire?) On the K&A and this bloke cycled past and stopped. I was cutting wood. He was a bit odd. I passed comments along the lines of 'a lot of boats about' I had been there a couple of days and was moored against a slightly awkward mooring where the piling was below the water line.

He told me he was going to give the other boatd tickets and showed me all the 'documents enclosed' envelopes in his bag. He seemed pleased. I asked if he was with BW he said no and he certainly gave no impression of being a waterways operative.

Edited by magnetman

I remember years ago (2001) I was moored in the vicinity of Limpley Stoke (sound sort of ED solution device involving a coal fire?) On the K&A and this bloke cycled past and stopped. I was cutting wood. He was a bit odd. I passed comments along the lines of 'a lot of boats about' I had been there a couple of days and was moored against a slightly awkward mooring where the piling was below the water line.

He told me he was going to give the other boatd tickets and showed me all the 'documents enclosed' envelopes in his bag. He seemed pleased. I asked if he was with BW he said no and he certainly gave no impression of being a waterways operative.

I know the man you are talking about. He used to pretend to be BW by wearing the same clothes as them, colour matching etc (no logo).

He would patrol the locks (I'm in charge of these locks he informed me) in Bath and would get as far to my knowledge "Diggers" reporting over stayers/non tax licence showing etc.

He was at one time a volunteer on a trip boat and always had a monkey puppet with him.

"I would be inclined to 'ticket' anyone painting a boat on the cut that doesn't have a vacuum attached to their sanders."

Yet you're OK with people chucking in shopping trolleys?

Talking of pollution, I wonder how many male boaters pee directly into the kitchen sink whilst wifey is sleeping?!! It goes straight into the cut, and makes the Elsan less weighty when having to carry it to the disgustingly smelly disposal hole. And they say it's rats' wee that causes Weil's Disease!

AFAIK CRT simply don't, and don't have the power to, issue tickets. If someone is doing this, and impersonating them, then it is a bit more of a serious offence than the stuff he's ticketing for. Worth following this one up (ie your friend should try get as many details as possible and let CRT know on their non emergency number or email.

Theres loads of poly tunnel paint sheds about. Thats still the same. Paint will still enter the canal. What about when CaRT paint the lock gates? Same difference.

"I would be inclined to 'ticket' anyone painting a boat on the cut that doesn't have a vacuum attached to their sanders."

Talking of pollution, I wonder how many male boaters pee directly into the kitchen sink whilst wifey is sleeping?!! It goes straight into the cut, and makes the Elsan less weighty when having to carry it to the disgustingly smelly disposal hole. And they say it's rats' wee that causes Weil's Disease!

Kitchen sink. Dirty gits! While in the shower is safer, or when in a lock.

Urine should be sterile. If there is something alive in yours, you have a problem!

Are you a Finnish rat? Humans don't carry the Weil's disease old bean

Anyway, I still would like to see CRT have a boat with a proper filtering machine that goes along all of the canals sucking that water out then pumping it back in much cleaner.

And why aren't the unemployed and prisoners dredging the canals?

hope you move the dishes first! I prefer a plastic 2 ltr milk bottle, sawn off but leaving the handle.