Busy busy busy

Featured Posts

It's like the M1 up here today , great to see loads of boats on the move, what's it like around your neck of the woods?

Castleford Sami station is like Watford gap service station....

Hi ya DH.

Its absolutely pxssxng down here, hasn't stopped all morning since about 06:00.

A few Fishing boats have taken advantage of the Northerly wind (means very little swell) but as far as Pleasure stuff goes , Nothing moving at all, Zilch. It's Hammering down.

Yesterday however totally different, loads of stuff about of all shapes & sizes, I went out for a few hrs from 12:30 to 16:00 just towards Worthing and back, and it was lovely.

Yes Stephen we were out last week around Stone, boats on the move but not busy.

I suppose busy up north is different to down south though!

I think that was my point......

Different but better.

Been dead here today, weather is pretty awful though. Yesterday there were about 6 boats an hour passing one way or the other, tow path extremely busy too with all sorts, dog walkers, bikes, general public.

Some guy had a nasty fall off a bike, and his head hit a mooring pin OUCH. I hadn't realised that paramedics operating here had push bikes, they turned up surprisingly quickly.

Chap was ok and eventually managed to walk away a bit dazed though and a very bloody head.

K&A between Seend & Semington.

I look upon Bank Holiday weekends as no-go times as far as boating is concerned, so stay at home, in this case enjoying the glorious Scottish weather at our annual egg boolin' and jarpin' event.

We just go boating when we get chance.....

Edited by The Dog House

Wednesday/Thursday/Friday was very busy up on the Stort. Loads of boats out...many of them going to the Easter get togethers of the two local boat clubs in Stortford and down at Limehouse.

Took a walk along the towpath from Islington tunnel to Broadway Market on the RC yesterday...lots of boats about of course...owners mostly chillaxing and enjoying the weather.

Btw...London is definitely not full...plenty of towpath with no boats...just make sure you have filled up with water...the RC only has 4 water points in total!

The Erewash was so busy we passed 4 boats in 2 days! Fishermen at gallows lock were complaining they had have to move TWICE in one day!!!!!

Was still able to find a space at Trent lock at 7, but it is busier this end.

The Erewash was so busy we passed 4 boats in 2 days! Fishermen at gallows lock were complaining they had have to move TWICE in one day!!!!!

Was still able to find a space at Trent lock at 7, but it is busier this end.

We and Mr and Mrs Trackman waved at you as we passed. You were moored up above a lock with a definite brahms on your boat pointing north. Did you wind and head back to Trent Lock without going to Great Northern basin. We spent a lovely night there moored in the first lock of the Nottingham Canal. We really enjoyed our trip up the Erewash but glad we did it in company as the locks are a bit heavy but no worse than the ones on the bottom of the T&M.

Not sure what you mean by brahms? We were above Eastwood lock last night but went to the basin this morning then came back to Trent lock. What slowed us up yesterday was a pair of jogging trousers wrapped round the prop.

I think Richard T was getting Cockney rhyming slang wrong. Brahms means drunk as in Brahms & Liszt = pissed, but he appears to be using it to mean list. Personally I don't use it much being from south of the river, although my grandfather was born in Bermondsey and his father in Bethnal Green, so I probably picked up a few words through my father. Or by watching Minder!

Nothing moving at all where i am on the erewash, but i am in dry dock :lol: best place to be on a bank holiday i think :cheers:

Thought it was your boat as we passed last evening.

Hope all is well.

Edited by Suzie_q

I think Richard T was getting Cockney rhyming slang wrong. Brahms means drunk as in Brahms & Liszt = pissed, but he appears to be using it to mean list. Personally I don't use it much being from south of the river, although my grandfather was born in Bermondsey and his father in Bethnal Green, so I probably picked up a few words through my father. Or by watching Minder!

I did wonder which reference it meant because a few bottles where consumed Saturday night :cheers:

Would have thought here at The Three locks , Surprisingly no movement here, apart from 1 working boat this morning.

Over last 2 days, been surprised that it hasn't been busier.

Been at the pub here, couple of times,again I'm asking myself why it's not been busy at all,nearly empty every time I've popped up there.

But I think that might be down to the price of the food.Excellent food, great but

expensive. A small bowl of chips £7.

Yep, Different Story here today, Packed, Lots of To ing and Fro ing, Allsorts of stuff happening,

And a rather nice surprise,

First thing this morning, A mate of mine Rafted alongside and popped in for a Coffee and Breakfast, whilst making his way from Dartmouth to a favorite little mooring that I introduced him to a few hr up the coast from Inverness, & BROUGHT DONUTS !, how lovely and thoroughly Civilised !. Safe trip Matey.

BTW.

I didn't know 'Anyone' can read the posts on here !. I thought it was like a Membership thing,,oh well, you live and learn.