waste water disposal

paneuro

Featured Posts

We use Ecover stuff (washing up liquid, washing powder etc), it suppose to be more "eco" than normal products.

And you are convinced that it actually is because....?

Oh yes, it has the word Eco in the name. Conclusive proof indeed

We use Ecover stuff (washing up liquid, washing powder etc), it suppose to be more "eco" than normal products.

I don't believe it 100%, although looking at the ingredients list it seems more natural. Btw you put your post twice.

I sort of know what Mayalld is suggesting,& I agree, it's very difficult to get definitive answers or proof if some of the so say 'Eco' products that are available on the market are in fact any better than lets say the top selling home variety.

As always,it's about the advertising,& personal preference I suppose,, & yes,for the record, I did in the past 'mostly try' to use eco stuff,,but have to be honest, some of that type of product just don't work, you use twice as much, & cost a fortune.but being a bloke,I wad probably using them wrong.

I sort of know what Mayalld is suggesting,& I agree, it's very difficult to get definitive answers or proof if some of the so say 'Eco' products that are available on the market are in fact any better than lets say the top selling home variety.As always,it's about the advertising,& personal preference I suppose,, & yes,for the record, I did in the past 'mostly try' to use eco stuff,,but have to be honest, some of that type of product just don't work, you use twice as much, & cost a fortune.but being a bloke,I wad probably using them wrong.

Hehe :-)

I'm not sure if the stuff they make is really better for the environment but I use everything Ecover too, just in case it is.

I used Ecover washing up liquid when it was half price somewhere. To my surprise, it actually was quite effective (at washing up, that is - its environmental effectiveness was beyond my ken). I would use it again, if it were half price.

Ecover claims that its washing-up liquid doesn't contain some of the nastier chemicals used in conventional cleaning products. I don't see anywhere on the packaging or the web site a claim that there are no nasties in them, but they do use vegetable derived chemicals instead of synthetic oil-based ones. On the basis that it's better fro the environment than Morrison's own brand (whether the water ends up in the cut or the local water treatment works), and it works very well (in soft water, at least) I'll go on using it.

I use Ecover too as yeah, "in theory" they make more environmentally friendly products than the average makes. One thing to be said though, I normally need to use more quantity of Ecover than another leading brands to achieve the same results. This is happens specially with the washing up liquid.

I use Ecover too as yeah, "in theory" they make more environmentally friendly products than the average makes. One thing to be said though, I normally need to use more quantity of Ecover than another leading brands to achieve the same results. This is happens specially with the washing up liquid.

Is it more environmentally friendly because it contains more water?

It's a greenwash thing. Look at it from the manufacturer's perspective.

Add water to dilute the active ingredients of a cleaning product thus making it more "environmentally friendly"

- charge more for product. People will pay more as it is more "environmentally friendly" - kerching!

- product has percentage of expensive active ingredient replaced by cheap water - kerching!

- product is less effective because it is dilute - so more is used to achieve a required result - kerching!

rinse and repeat... kerching!

It's a greenwash thing. Look at it from the manufacturer's perspective.

Add water to dilute the active ingredients of a cleaning product thus making it more "environmentally friendly"

- charge more for product. People will pay more as it is more "environmentally friendly" - kerching!

- product has percentage of expensive active ingredient replaced by cheap water - kerching!

- product is less effective because it is dilute - so more is used to achieve a required result - kerching!

rinse and repeat... kerching!

It would be less eco-friendly though, because the more dilute it is, the more packaging, transport (diesel burnt, etc) to distribute it, etc. Look at the latest bunch of offerings from eg Sure deodorant, which is now double-strength and in smaller packaging.

http://www.suredeodorant.co.uk/en/campaign/compressed/preview.aspx

(I know the main thrust of the improvement claim is less propellant gas but they also make eco claims on packaging).

I think the point being made, was just because it's got eco somewhere in the title or lable the general public thinks they are doing there bit,

Even though you have to use more,& it comes in plastic bottles that are patroliam based, it's fine,,because there recyclable !.

That sort of thing.

I buy Ecover at the local 'health/eco' shop in gallon bottles or look for the larger sizes on line , can be up to 2/3rds cheaper that the local supermarket. Use Method for the washing machine . Bunny

Edited by Bunny