onroute to view a few n/b

tjderby

Featured Posts

Annie May looks very nice and with a 4 year BSS.

The catalytic heater is not a good idea as they give of HUGE amounts of condensation.

1 Vote for Annie May

Edit as you posted whilst I was writing.

Why wait till Easter - whats going to happen then ?

A lot can happen in the next month - if shes as good as she looks she is not over expensive at the asking price, someone could come in this weekend and make an 'asking price offer'.

If its the one you want - make your offer and get it 'off the market'

Edited by Alan de Enfield
  • Greenie 1

It is worth thinking about long term resale values, and of the two boats, probably Annie May will keep it's value better.

As Southern Star has said, there will be lots more boats around. If you can face the idea of waiting, do.

You have probably read the thread on how low an offer to make?

Just going by the pics, they both look sweet. Not actually having seen them, the pics make Annie look a little dark inside.

Miss Behave looks lighter and brighter but looks like she might need a bit more work. I think you are right to go for a bedroom (I know in your last posts you said you weren't bothered about that if I remember right, but if you are going to live on her, I would suggest you have a bed which you can leave made up.)

Whichever or whatever you decide, you are the one that has to live on her, so very best wishes in your search ;)))

Thanks and yeah they both have fixed beds. Miss behave as a side hatch to but no window in the bathroom. And they both actually looklike there pics lol . And Annie may purred like a kitten. Started first time. Certainly made me smile lol

I'm slightly jealous that it took a year for my boat to find me, but you seem to have found yours in 1 day!

I looked at 40+ boats and probably 'fell in love' with half of them. But when oone ticked 99% of my boxes I forced myself to walk away saying there was no rush as the one that would tick 100% of my boxes was just around the corner.

In the end I bought one that was nothing like what I was looking for!!!

Yeah when I figure out how to post pics lol. The lasted boat I view is in really good Nick. It's a matter of head or heart lol.

If I buy the boat in Tamworth it'll leave me with less money to play with than if I buy the boat in mercia. Both nice boats.

Miss behave http://www.newandusedboat.co.uk/used-boat.php?boatID=275

Annie May http://www.alvecotemarina.co.uk/narrowcraft/brokerage/for-sale/annie-may/

In the end I bought one that was nothing like what I was looking for!!!

I bet there are many of us who could say the same.

We went out looking for a 57 footer -absolute minimum 50 foot and must have a dinette to convert into a berth or use as a computer desk.

Ended up with a 45 footer with no dinette.

"It was the one" and we couldnt walk away even tho' it meant having money tied up in two boats for 3 months.

It's weird I had an image of the boat I wanted and Annie may matches it to a t. She's a stunning looking boat. Not as dark inside as she looks lol. If I get her I'll be ecstatic.

Well,I hope you do, I've looked at Annie May on Apollo Duck several times and it's exactly the boat I'd be looking for if I was ready to buy now, it ticks nearly all of the boxes and the engine looks as though it's in excellent condition. I don't know how far they will move on the price, but I'd be going in with an opening offer of £15,000 and would be prepared to go up by maybe £2,000?

Although it has been the subject of much discussion on here while you're looking in that bit of the world you could do worse than go to Wilton marina, they have a very relaxed attitude about letting you look round if you're a serious buyer and will let you look over the boats in your own time. As has been said the more you look at the more your learn. It's funny how many start thinking they know what they want and change their minds when they see something that works better, however, both the boats on the links look good it's amazing what you can get for your money these days compared to a few years back. Bear in mind if you buy Miss Behave it's a Springer and you'll become the butt of endless jokes on heresmile.png

K

Yeah Annie may is where my heart lies. Fell in love with her. But the broker as advised her to not be to hasty and wait till after Easter so I don't know how much I'd get off her.

Re the above, can someone tell me who the brokers/agent works for, the buyer or the seller?

and who pays the commission,again the buyer or the seller?

I wouldn't be very happy at all if my broker was saying things like, especially if I was desperate for the money.

how many boaters would be happy knowing there broker who he pays a bucket load of commission to puts of potential buyers for a couple of months

don't think I be happy

Anyway good luck to tjderby with what ever you do, and hope you get the boat of your dreams happens.

Col

Edited by bigcol

Re the above, can someone tell me who the brokers/agent works for, the buyer or the seller?

and who pays the commission,again the buyer or the seller?

I wouldn't be very happy at all if my broker was saying things like, especially if I was desperate for the money.

how many boaters would be happy knowing there broker who he pays a bucket load of commission to puts of potential buyers for a couple of months

don't think I be happy

Anyway good luck to tjderby with what ever you do, and hope you get the boat of your dreams happens.

Col

Yes, I agree, it's very strange for a broker to try to put off a sale, and if I was the seller then I wouldn't be happy either. Presumably it's some type of "reverse psychology" whereby the broker is trying to suggest that the owner wants the full price rather than a quick sale.