Time Gentlemen Please!

system 4-50

Featured Posts

It is time to close the unstable bar, clear out those of the regulars who have died, get the cleaners in to fumigate the place, give it a good purge, and then re-open it for business, possibly under a new name.

If you wish to drink elsewhere please feel free the regulars in the Unstable Bar, dead or alive, are happy with its unfumigated, unpurged state and wish it to remain as it is.

As usual, it is a suited and booted outsider, who thinks he knows better. Next he'll suggest a theme, like an outback pub, complete with Chrome fittings. Or an Irish pub, staffed by Australians. Or he'll suggest we move to SoHo....

Give him a pint of Old Fogey, and ignore..

He's not a jolly, fat man is he?

Richard

He's not jolly.

Perhaps the pub needs updating to a wine bar? I have never really understood the UB ramblings, most of which seem to be from customers under the influence of psychotropic drugs!

You make these comments and then accuse us of taking mind altering substances?

The key is under the flowerpot, careful - it's hot

The unStable Bar isn't the only on-line nonsense thread I have been involved in, so a few thoughts and observations

• they can be great fun and very rewarding
  • I think it is important to stick to the narrative of the moment. Clearly, anyone can say anything, that disrupts the construction of a narrative and it has no flow. Players really need to try to stick to the narrative, or distort it in credible ways
  • It takes a few dedicated people to keep the thread rolling. If the post count is low, the narrative stalls and the gaps get hard to fill
  • Its important to wrap newcomers into the narrative carefully. Threads like this need active participants and plenty of them, otherwise they run out of ideas
  • Someone needs to hold it together, and to let themes grow

I have had a lot of fun with the unStable Bar over the years, without regular players it's bloody hard work

Richard