Who is Daniel Charles

David Schweizer

Featured Posts

The latest I have seen in senior and published areas of our large multinational company and is now being bandied around at all levels is the 'Onboarding' session....

ha ha - i've recently been asked to provide 'onboarding documents'

expectation management

who stole my cheese

capitalisation of resources

sacrifice personal ambition for team rewards

virtualisation of brand awareness

do what I do and not what I say

reposition your attitude to take advantage of local gateways

;-)

I used to wear a tie to work.

Then I resigned and became a gypsy.

Well of course one must manage the expectations of your staff and clients!

Have you read Who moved my Cheese? - iirc its basic message is 'stop whining about change you idiot' told with cartoon mice - go figure, maybe management are that bad if it has become a 'classic'

We also used to have 'step change' and 'sea change' which seemed to be used interchangeably despite (i think) having opposite meanings.

I dont have a problem with 'helicopter view' though - it's just polite shorthand for 'knowing more about the overall situation and direction we want to go in' and it works quite well as a visual metaphor

My wife brought a great one home today from her most senior boss . He told them they had to "go off piste" I checked that she had heard him correctly and had. Maybe the winter olympics had inspired him.

Just make sure this thread doesn't get "stuck in the winding hole"

ha ha - i've recently been asked to provide 'onboarding documents'

Well of course one must manage the expectations of your staff and clients!

Have you read Who moved my Cheese? - iirc its basic message is 'stop whining about change you idiot' told with cartoon mice - go figure, maybe management are that bad if it has become a 'classic'

We also used to have 'step change' and 'sea change' which seemed to be used interchangeably despite (i think) having opposite meanings.

I dont have a problem with 'helicopter view' though - it's just polite shorthand for 'knowing more about the overall situation and direction we want to go in' and it works quite well as a visual metaphor

I found 'who moved my cheese' to be more subtle than that

Were there cartoons in it?

Richard

I found 'who moved my cheese' to be more subtle than that

Were there cartoons in it?

Richard

Well it was a while ago so my memory could be playing tricks...it did have pictures didn't it? or did i imagine them?

did it have another message?

I agree though, To be effective it should be a subtly given message - someone who is afraid of change wont respond to a blunt 'change is inevitable, get used to it' message.

Perhaps i should rephrase: It is an effective book in showing those who fear change that change is not something to be afraid of'

then we can start managing their expectations and onboard them into an off-piste direction, going forwards