Who is Daniel Charles

David Schweizer

Featured Posts

Since renewing my Cruising Licence, when I (stupidly) revealed my email address, I have been receiving inane emails from someone called Daniel Charles. He claims to be writing on behalf of CaRT, but does indicate what position he holds within the organization. Who is he?

Edited by David Schweizer

"Daniel Charles joined British Waterways as individual giving manager in January last year, seven months before the organisation converted to a charity and was renamed the Canal & River Trust."

He's an "individual giving manager", a collection of words which appear to be semantic nonsense. I think it means he's a corporate money scrounger.

Mr Charles doesn't seem to be doing too well.

When I received CO alarm from Amazon this morning, amongst various bits of paper included for free was a leaflet inviting membership to The National Trust. My first and immediate thought was 'why no such invitation from CRT?'

Martyn.

Edited by Nightwatch

Mrs Stilllearning assures me that this is common corporate speak, and to learn to accept such total vandalism of the language.

If you think that's vandalism, consider the newly invented verb I've heard some surprisingly otherwise intelligent people use, "to skill up".

E.g. I'm gonna get myself skilled up in HTML....

Kill me now.

MtB

Mr Charles doesn't seem to be doing too well.

When I received CO alarm from Amazon this morning, amongst various bits of paper included for free was a leaflet inviting membership to The National Trust. My first and immediate thought was 'why no such invitation from CRT?'

Martyn.

Easy. They know you are already a 'member' :D

MtB

Mrs Stilllearning assures me that this is common corporate speak, and to learn to accept such total vandalism of the language.

Mrs Stillearning has an admirably pragmatic attitude to these things. Going forward, once we all upskill in his area so we are singing from the same hymnsheet dissatisfaction will be downward trending

• Greenie 1

Mrs Stillearning has an admirably pragmatic attitude to these things. Going forward, once we all upskill in his area so we are singing from the same hymnsheet dissatisfaction will be downward trending

OMG FFS that's 100 times worse!!

MtB

Going Forward - my pet hate.

Instead of, what - going sideways?

Richard

Or just enjoy it.

http://www.bullshitbingo.net/

Oooh I could have used this when I worked for BT.

I did however have a spray can of "Bull sh1t" repellant I bought many years ago from a vacuum cleaner shop in Leicester. It was actually a can of air freshener with a replacement label on it.

I used to spray it around occasionally at team meetings when corporate gobbledegook was being uttered.

Eventually the boss at the time got fed up and told me to stop being so childish!

Just discovered some is still available.

zapcrap1.jpg

Edited by Ray T

I received two emails from Daniel Charles today, entitled "No More Picnics..."

Deleted without opening as I don't open unsolicited and unidentified emails...not a very successful campaign then!

Janet

• Greenie 1

Guys, guys, how do we expect CRT to push the envelope if we don't blue sky think yeah?

We need to think outside the box and ensure we pick some of this low hanging fruit...

(All genuine bullshite that I have heard said by people who are not David Brent)

CART bans waterside picnics? I would have been tempted to open the e-mail to find out what it was about, but alas I am not on his mailing list.

Has anyone read it? What is the current status of canalside picnics on CART property?