Who is Daniel Charles

David Schweizer

Featured Posts

Guys, guys, how do we expect CRT to push the envelope if we don't blue sky think yeah?

We need to think outside the box and ensure we pick some of this low hanging fruit...

(All genuine bullshite that I have heard said by people who are not David Brent)

Several Most of these were used at a recent CRT presentation, although my favourite was "we are not burning babies here!" when someone dared to question whether one of their ideas was actually such a good one.

Guys, guys, how do we expect CRT to push the envelope if we don't blue sky think yeah?

We need to think outside the box and ensure we pick some of this low hanging fruit...

(All genuine bullshite that I have heard said by people who are not David Brent)

True. It's hard to leverage ambitions in smokestack situations

Richard

(Also said by a real human)

Mine too, at this moment in time; at the end of the day, I'll be sick as a parrot.

I don't mind those, it's Going Forward that annoys me. Politicians like to use it as gives an impression of gravitas, and somehow drawing a line under something.

Really, it's bollocks. If they think they can make a plan for anything other than the future, they must be advanced time travellers*

Richard

*unlike the rest of us time travellers who only move into the future

Given a bit of time I can normally work out these bullshit sayings, but what the hell does that one mean!

George ex nb Alton retired

I'm afraid I have no idea. The whole department tried to figure it out with no result. As the speaker was an American we all smiled politely and stashed it away as a jewel of incomprehensibility

Richard

CART bans waterside picnics? I would have been tempted to open the e-mail to find out what it was about, but alas I am not on his mailing list.

Has anyone read it? What is the current status of canalside picnics on CART property?

Rather damp at present I would imagine......

(not sure why its red today? must be all this BS flying around!)

The practice of burning babies on disposable BBQ's left by those having canalside picnics is deprecated going forward.

At this moment in time?

I am reminded of a line from the US corporate edition of 'Hamlet':

"State of Denmarkwise, something stinks".

Edited by Athy

Fictional, statement from CRT. "The burning of babies has been put on the back burner for now, until such time that 24/7/365 research identifies a new window of opportunity".

Martyn

Now that really gets my goat. 24/7 is all day, every day. If you want to emphasise that it's every week of the year, ten 24/7/52, or just 24/365, please. Unless, of course, you're only planning to run the $whatever for just over 7 years.....

Perhaps CRT will <snip> get their ducks in a row.

They've done that on one of the pontoons here. There are only 2 of them, though, so it's not too impressive....

Now that really gets my goat. 24/7 is all day, every day. If you want to emphasise that it's every week of the year, ten 24/7/52, or just 24/365, please. Unless, of course, you're only planning to run the $whatever for just over 7 years.....

They've done that on one of the pontoons here. There are only 2 of them, though, so it's not too impressive....

I did say it was fictional! Have I just been told off?

Yeah! I know Richard.

But initially I didn't know. Till he told me so.

Like others we used to have a tick off list of words that we had to either get to say or get our numbskull of a boss to say it. He was very good and ending sentences if you supposedly lost your words. To be fair he was an easy................target.

That is the boss, not Mr 1955.

Edited by Nightwatch

Mr Charles doesn't seem to be doing too well.

When I received CO alarm from Amazon this morning, amongst various bits of paper included for free was a leaflet inviting membership to The National Trust. My first and immediate thought was 'why no such invitation from CRT?'

Martyn.

Access to a lot of NT properties is restricted and you have to pay (or be a member). If you're in to that sort of thing, being a member has advantages.

Not so with the canal system. Only us boaters pay (and a few smaller user groups)

Why would most of the population want to become a member of something that they can get for free anyway.