Stoke Bruene Village At War - This Weekend

alan_fincher

Featured Posts

Always an excellent event, the Stoke Bruerne Village At War is this weekend.

OK the weather doesn't sound great, but it didn't last year, and in practice it was heaps better than prediction. We live in hope!

Come and say "hello" if you do come.

What's the mooring situation? I'm thinking of coming down tomorrow for my first solo cruise as I'm at Weedon with a few days to kill.

It will be full from the southern portal of the tunnel to the museum but there should be moorings in the long pound below lock 15.

There is a harbourmaster on Joseph who might be worth talking to on your way through.

Thanks. How congested does the canal get during this event, is it like Braunston historic boat rally? It will be my maiden solo voyage and don't want to come unstuck in the middle of chaos! I'm also a bit apprehensive that the lock outside the museums will be my first ever lock single handed and ill have a huge audience probably!

Thanks. How congested does the canal get during this event, is it like Braunston historic boat rally? It will be my maiden solo voyage and don't want to come unstuck in the middle of chaos! I'm also a bit apprehensive that the lock outside the museums will be my first ever lock single handed and ill have a huge audience probably!

The boats won't be moving (apart from anyone else passing through and the trip boat Charlie) I am sure you will get lots of help at Stoke Bruerne top lock.

Edited by Leo No2

I am quite sure you will cope admirably, you picked up everything today really quickly and your boat will fit in really well.

20130913_135004_zpsd857e98a.jpg

20130913_151642_zps8bd21558.jpg

i am a tad jealous of your purchase!!!!cheers.gif

I am quite sure you will cope admirably, you picked up everything today really quickly and your boat will fit in really well............Mr Fincher had a dodgy tunnel light too when he first bought Sickle...

20130913_151642_zps8bd21558.jpg

I am quite sure you will cope admirably, you picked up everything today really quickly and your boat will fit in really well.

Blimey, you're not the only one Matty!

Nice boat

Richard

I did, you weren't in! :-))

Being in the pub is always a legitimate excuse for not being at the boat!

As you also went to the pub anyway, problem solved!

A very grey day here at the moment unfortunately.

Junior, it is all very quiet here at the moment, with no congestion and few boat movements. There is absolutely comparison to the chaos of a Braunston show! You will be fine!

Let us know what time u are arriving & we can help. I've found a windlass in the van

was that you on the working boat that spoke to me on my way in?

Well I made it in one piece and didn't need to worry about the locks thanks to a couple of forum members help, one of whom I shared the locks with although I have no idea who it was :-s !

Well I made it in one piece and didn't need to worry about the locks thanks to a couple of forum members help, one of whom I shared the locks with although I have no idea who it was :-s !

I seem to recall you were in with "Goldie", in which case it was the forum's "Ditchdabbler"