Free To Good Home/ Thomas Clayton Horseboat

Chris-B

Featured Posts

Posted on behalf of a friend with no internet access

70ft Thomas Clayton horse boat ( same as Gifford)

This boat IS in need of serious restoration but needs to be saved

If you would like to make contact with the owners please PM me for numbers

This will not be a five minute or fifty quid repair !

Chris

tell tell...is the boss home....did she say Yes? You always regret the things you didn't do more than the ones you did.

Just got off the phone.

As the biggest problem she sees is sorting the tow out she is obviously no help in reining in my urges.

Though I didn't mention the likelihood of having to cancel our holiday in order to move it if we were to take it on...

Though I didn't mention the likelihood of having to cancel our holiday in order to move it if we were to take it on...

Yikes!....good luck.

(by the way if you pm me your email I'll send those pics of the theatre production that used your National 12)

Well I went to have a look but, despite falling in love with the boat there is just too much work needed before moving it, for me to take on.

The only time I've seen less front end, in a boat still afloat, was the Ricky motor Antares which had the whole bow section chopped off and replaced with what looked like a set of French windows.

The shape of the bow is still visible and, sympathetically rebuilt, will make an absolutely gorgeous shaped boat.

It is well worth saving and I have someone in mind who needs a wooden butty (though they may not know it yet) and is in a better position than me to do the work down there.

If it was in the Midlands I would definitely take it on but it is just too far to travel and too fragile to move nearer.

DSCF1749_zps645aafad.jpg