The heatwave must end.

MoominPapa

Featured Posts

This is getting ridiculous now. Steerer spotted today wearing (nothing but) DMs and turquoise budgie-smugglers. On a cruiser stern too, so full visibility.

Please can we have our overcast weather back?

MP.

Buy darker glasses and stop looking. leave the weather alone lets enjoy it!biggrin.png

It is nice to have the sun, but it's changing the habits of a lifetime and turning me into an early-bird. The only way to make progress and not fry is to be up and moving by seven o'clock.

MP.

You leave it as late as that, huh?

Siestas are a good idea, too, catching up from the sweaty night's broken sleep.

Nah. Leave the weather as it is. It means I can go and see my brother in Oxford tomorrow, on my bike. Then I can go from Oxford to see my best beloved in Stockport on Wednesday, on my bike. Then I can come home again on Friday, on my bike.

this weather is a rare privilege as far as motorcycling is concerned

It is nice to have the sun, but it's changing the habits of a lifetime and turning me into an early-bird. The only way to make progress and not fry is to be up and moving by seven o'clock.

MP.

Yes agree, my poor dogs are at a loss as to why I have suddenly started dragging them all out of bed 0600 for a walk :-) it is fine for the 2 young ones but the others are all aged and do not appreciate an hours trek so early.

This is getting ridiculous now. Steerer spotted today wearing (nothing but) DMs and turquoise budgie-smugglers. On a cruiser stern too, so full visibility.

MP.

whats a budgie-smuggler?

Nah. Leave the weather as it is. It means I can go and see my brother in Oxford tomorrow, on my bike. Then I can go from Oxford to see my best beloved in Stockport on Wednesday, on my bike. Then I can come home again on Friday, on my bike.

I've just flogged my bike

Very sad about it.

Give it some, enjoy

When I was young and slim I wore tight fitting and skimpy clothing. Now I'm older and a little more shall we say well rounded I wear more appropriate clothing - even when the sun shines.

I do wonder whether some people possess a mirror to check what they look like before they walk out of their door.

A man who smuggles budgies.

Specifically by hiding them in his swimming pants.

His unfeasibly tight swimming pants

ouch!i didn't realize there was a market for that kind of thing.i presume he would try to sell these budgies to coalminers although they would probably need some kind of resuscitation first if not cpr.

I rarely look in a mirror.

And it does frighten me when I do.

Hence, I rarely look in a mirror.

Other people have to look at me , don't see why I should too.

No.. Not in budgie smuggling pants.

That's fine - as long as no budgies are smuggled :D

Actually I must confess the mirror isn't my friend nowadays either, but I know what I shouldn't wear without needing to consult one

A man who smuggles budgies.

Specifically by hiding them in his swimming pants.

His unfeasibly tight swimming pants... hmmm... well if moi sees any 'budgie -smugglers.. on the Trent moi will phone the RSPB ninja.gif

And Hopefully, no budgies have suffered in the making of this thread.

Lol yes! Where are you now. We're still on the Middlewich Branch of the Shroppie - presumably you passed us a while ago.

Clocked a nice bonny on the A1 yesterday..

MP.

You should have told him to ditch the Budgie smugglers or he would have tan lines. :)

i cant bear to think of those poor budgies,somebody should have liberated them from that dark,sweaty prison.it conjures up images of midnight express.

where are amnesty international when you need them or maybe even the rspca?

What about the yellow and green budgies as well as the turquoise ones?

And lay off the weather! It's been long enough coming, we can't be fed up with it already... You'll miss it when it's gone.

Roll on winter. Cosy fire, quiet towpath, no hire boats... Bliss

Roll on winter. Cosy fire, quiet towpath, no hire boats... Bliss

No more squirming budgies - could dissapoint a few in here - depending which way their tiller swings.

Edited by mark99