FEDUP.

tafelberg

Featured Posts

Am I the only one who doesn't understand why people are getting upset about this?

The CCers have been there for years and now CRT have come up with a scheme to finally get some mooring fees from them, while giving them some sort of transitional status.

And now some legitimate moorers (assuming they are legitimate and not bending the rules themselves by living on non-residential moorings), become apoplectic with rage about what's happened?

Personally I've never got pissed off because I'm paying for a mooring while someone else isn't because whether someone else moves their boat or not is irrelevant when it comes to my mooring.

So would those who feel angry prefer it if these people continued to flout the CCing rules without paying anything to moor as they have been for years, or should CRT at least get some mooring fees from them? If we're being realistic then those are the options and either way it shouldn't make any difference to those who've always paid for a mooring. They will remain unaffected - apart from their fluctuating levels of envy and anger.

I have been putting forward this view since I joined this forum.Blackrose have a greenie!!

I am being bullied?

Richard

You won't see it until you attempt to move or think outside the box. You are so bullied, you don't even see it as bullying any longer.

I don't often get down to the south end of the Grand Union, but as a continuous cruiser this could eventually affect me.

Is there a website or similar where the CUB action group publish details of forthcoming public meetings and the latest developments?

I did look on Facebook but the only groups I could find were "Boater's Manifesto", which does not list any forthcoming meetings, although the meeting report was very interesting, and "Cowley and Uxbridge Community Boaters (CUB)" but they seem to be a closed group.

Request to join the group, then!

We are still looking at and listening to input, even the negative stuff. It all helps and is much appreciated.

"Hahahaha, your funny......"

Of course it is appreciated, that's why you appreciated my opinions with the comment above.

Responses such as that are not an aid to debate, in my opinion.

Only when you're thinking.

Descat: "I think, therefore I am.........inside the box."

Schrödinger: "Are you sure?"[/size]

Freud: "Your mother is in the box with your brother. Are you jealous?"

That is up to the judge and only really effects livaboards with nowhere else to live. As they say it is a bit of a mess

Cheers John,

It may have been the way I read Paul's post in thinking that the quoted Human Rights Act applied to all boaters and not just liveaboards. I brought this up as the LTM we have was once occupied by a local boater whom had his boat removed under the Section 8 rule.

Even up to the day of removal, he claimed that his fees were up to date and everything was in order. Not so it seems, the enforcement

team boarded his vessel and entered by force to access the starter and cruised the boat down to Calverley on the Shroppie. What happened after that is not known, other than he received nothing in compensation.

Ironically, the boat was called (Sweet) Fanny Adams!

Cheers John,

It may have been the way I read Paul's post in thinking that the quoted Human Rights Act applied to all boaters and not just liveaboards. I brought this up as the LTM we have was once occupied by a local boater whom had his boat removed under the Section 8 rule.

Even up to the day of removal, he claimed that his fees were up to date and everything was in order. Not so it seems, the enforcement

team boarded his vessel and entered by force to access the starter and cruised the boat down to Calverley on the Shroppie. What happened after that is not known, other than he received nothing in compensation.

Ironically, the boat was called (Sweet) Fanny Adams!

Non of this matters if the boater does not go to court to apply for an injunction as soon as he is served a Section 8. I am only just learning as I go along so am only saying as I understand it so won't be surprised is someone says I am wrong. One thing for sure if the boater does not react as soon as they are served a Section 8 livaboards or not their boat will be removed.

One thing for sure if the boater does not react as soon as they are served a Section 8 livaboards or not their boat will be removed.

Indeed, as in this particular case.

The irony is that the said boat owner is so supercilious and when introduced to us by our friend asked; "And whom might they be?" To which I promptly replied; "People who pay their dues!".

No end of higher education, volumes of money or flannel will matter it appears, if you don't pay your fees.

Edited by Doorman

Non of this matters if the boater does not go to court to apply for an injunction as soon as he is served a Section 8. I am only just learning as I go along so am only saying as I understand it so won't be surprised is someone says I am wrong. One thing for sure if the boater does not react as soon as they are served a Section 8 livaboards or not their boat will be removed.

Having had experience of a boat ad section 8 (not our boat), there is quite a process leading up to the issuing of a notice. I'm only saying this as it may appear that a boat gets a section 8 out of the blue meaning you have to scramble into court. By the time the notice is served there will have been a lot of correspondence over a considerable period of time.

We got the boat legal not long after the first warning

Richard

Request to join the group, then!

Thank you for your offer, but I have already done that.

I was hoping there might be a website or public group that provided this information, as this would mean I could send the link to some friends who would also be affected by the current proposals.

I don't often get down to the south end of the Grand Union, but as a continuous cruiser this could eventually affect me.

Is there a website or similar where the CUB action group publish details of forthcoming public meetings and the latest developments?

I did look on Facebook but the only groups I could find were "Boater's Manifesto", which does not list any forthcoming meetings, although the meeting report was very interesting, and "Cowley and Uxbridge Community Boaters (CUB)" but they seem to be a closed group.

How would it effect you, do you continuously overstay?

How would it effect you, do you continuously overstay?

Well ignoring your implied accusation and that the word is "affect", you appear not to have understood my comment.

I am interested in the proposals you have suggested to CRT (let us call it the "Jenlyn Plan"), as although they only affect the Uxbridge area at present, they might well impinge on my cruising arrangements in the future.

Although you understandably have a parochial view of what you see as just a local problem, CRT being a national organisation, are very likely to use the "Jenlyn Plan" as a model for other areas. What is a purely local arrangement one moment, can be national policy the next.

"Forearmed is forewarned" as the saying goes.

I do not have a problem in abiding with the conditions of my licence, as they match my chosen lifestyle, but please do not think that overstaying is only a problem in your area.

BTW Thank you for adding me to the Facebook groups.

Well ignoring your implied accusation and that the word is "affect", you appear not to have understood my comment.

I am interested in the proposals you have suggested to CRT (let us call it the "Jenlyn Plan"), as although they only affect the Uxbridge area at present, they might well impinge on my cruising arrangements in the future.

Although you understandably have a parochial view of what you see as just a local problem, CRT being a national organisation, are very likely to use the "Jenlyn Plan" as a model for other areas. What is a purely local arrangement one moment, can be national policy the next.

I do not have a problem in abiding with the conditions of my licence, as they match my chosen lifestyle, but please do not think that overstaying is only a problem in your area.

Did you not notice the question mark? Interesting you saw it as an accusation. Am flattered by your assumption of it all being my plan, however, there are many boaters involved in it.

You make a good point in that cotswoldman has said previously I think that CRT may use this as a template to others who want it, and i suspect also potentially impose it on those that don't .