Fair Warning!! Camouflage Boat on Trent & Mersey

tillergirl

Featured Posts

Moored up between huddlesford Jn and Whittington on the Coventry. 2 middle aged guys in full combats. Still towing the pony.

Yes we saw them today on that section cutting down wood, one of them spoke to us ( he was completely pie-eyed) polite enough.

They then overtook ( in a very gentlemen like manner) us later, as we had then started towing a plastic boat (and were going slowly) that had lost its Z drive. They eventually moored near Hopwas. Needless to say we have moved a lot further on!!

There are three guys on it at the moment, judging by their attire. you have a fair chance of smelling them coming before you see them

Edited by jim and pat dalton

Yes we saw them today on that section cutting down wood, one of them spoke to us completely pie-eyed. They then overtook ( in a very gentlemen like manner) us later, as we had then started towing a plastic boat that had lost its Z drive. They eventually moored near Hopwas. Needless to say we have moved a lot further on!!

There are three guys on it at the moment, judging by their attire. you have a fair chance of smelling them coming before you see them

Did we pass you today then? Fazeley 10am to Fradley 4pm with an hr tied up for lunch outside the new marina. Glad the drive plate is finally sorted!

Likely,

We stopped at Fradley on the way down to Fazeley at noon for lunch in the Swan and to also await Elite Furnishings to pick up some stuff to be re done from our boat along to match with the new sofa they are making for us.

We had a good trip down. But engine bay has gathered some oil and water in the bottom tho. wll keep an eye on it until I get someone to re check and re tighten things up (I haven't any tools at the moment)

Sorry we missed you, its hard to remember all the boat names. But we are running on Bayley's Meadow. green and cream with a fab cratch area.

at least your heading in the opposite way to the Camouflage boat!

Jim

Likely,

We stopped at Fradley on the way down to Fazeley at noon for lunch in the Swan and to also await Elite Furnishings to pick up some stuff to be re done from our boat along to match with the new sofa they are making for us.

We had a good trip down. But engine bay has gathered some oil and water in the bottom tho. wll keep an eye on it until I get someone to re check and re tighten things up (I haven't any tools at the moment)

Sorry we missed you, its hard to remember all the boat names. But we are running on Bayley's Meadow. green and cream with a fab cratch area.

at least your heading in the opposite way to the Camouflage boat!

Jim

No, back at Fazeley now but in the relative safety of our marina. CB tied up at Bonehill Rd bridge (w side of Tamworth/Fazeley) and having a siesta, maybe recouping prior to a 4am jaunt?

So CaRT ought to sort this one out instead of plastering all the visitor moorings with 48 hr signs. With suspected Scrotes about who would want to moor in the most distant less populated spots because all the safer stuff is so time limited? Just the place to force lone boaters and elderly customers to moor. Not

Sounds like we'll be passing them tomorrow. Currently down at Curdworth, heading for Fazeley and Whittington tomorrow. We're travelling in our boat with our pals in their boat. We've seen the CB before - passed it outside Sawley as we were on our way through to the Soar last September. We gave a nod and boaters' mutter and passed on. I'll report again.

Just a thought but maybe all of us who have had sight and sound of this boat should report it; en-masse. Maybe CRT/Police will do something about it if we bother them for long enough. Someone is bound to get fed up at their end eventually. I'd be quite prepared to email CRT expressing my concerns about these people. Surely there's someone on this forum who can write the appropriately worded email for us to clone? Or better still we could pm Cotswoldman so he can bring it up at his next meeting with CRT.

Just a thought but maybe all of us who have had sight and sound of this boat should report it; en-masse. Maybe CRT/Police will do something about it if we bother them for long enough. Someone is bound to get fed up at their end eventually. I'd be quite prepared to email CRT expressing my concerns about these people. Surely there's someone on this forum who can write the appropriately worded email for us to clone? Or better still we could pm Cotswoldman so he can bring it up at his next meeting with CRT.

That's a bit vigilante, isn't it?

You can't condemn people because you think they might do something illegal.

You have to wait until you have some evidence or reasonable suspicion before harrassing them in the way you suggest.

I'm pretty sure Mr Plod will not be sympathetic to simple prejudice.

• Greenie 1

You have to wait until you have some evidence or reasonable suspicion before harrassing them in the way you suggest.

Fairynuff............tell that to the people that have been on the receiving end of their non-illegal practices..................expressing a concern about something is not being vigilante.

they are known to the police, be (then) & various boaters & marinas in the area, who have had things stolen by them, from diesel to boats to fuel etc. How they evade capture I have no idea. They are frequently on the notts/leics/derby border though, so that probably helps as it creates red tape between the county police forces.

They need catching red handed.

Like so;- Someone offer their boat as bait, siting it on the towpath with thick foliage and bushes on either side. On this boat place an old generator, bike, 20 litre jerry can ect, but don't over do it or they'll be suspicious. Take it in turns to track the boat and when it looks as if its going in the bait boats direction loads of folk lie in wait in the bushes armed with flash cameras, tape recorders and sticks. Expose them to the cameras and sound recorders when they are handling the goodies, its very important that you get photos of their mugs though. After the photo shoot all dash out from cover like screaming Banshees, beat them to the ground, tie em up and call the cops. Make tea whilst waiting for em. Easy peasy. closedeyes.gif

• Greenie 2

they are known to the police, be (then) & various boaters & marinas in the area, who have had things stolen by them, from diesel to boats to fuel etc. How they evade capture I have no idea. They are frequently on the notts/leics/derby border though, so that probably helps as it creates red tape between the county police forces.

But how can you know that ? If there was evidence, surely they would be in clink rather than swanning around canals.

They may or may not be scrotes - I don't know. But there can be a danger of "giving a dog a bad name" and automatically assuming they are responsible for any crimes in their vicinity. I'm not defending them, just uneasy that prejudice can so easily be misplaced.

Just find them and tell them that their every move is been watched!

Any photos of their boat? Name, number etc!

I know it because I am in the area & know some of the boat owners who have fallen victim.I know it because I am in the area & know some of the boat owners who have fallen victim.

Do they have proof its them?

Any photos of their boat? Name, number etc!

Do they have proof its them?

They may even be on the forum and could be watching every quote.

Take it in turns to track the boat and when it looks as if its going in the bait boats direction loads of folk lie in wait in the bushes armed with flash cameras, tape recorders and sticks.

My granny told me about...tape recorders...

The troops would need to wear camouflage combat outfits available at Army & Navy stores if they can find em. Soot blackened faces with twigs and leaves on their heads, synchronizing watches and and all that carry on. Pick a dark moonless night. I could pop along to coordinate the whole operation if need be. closedeyes.gif

Edited by bizzard
  • Greenie 1

The troops would need to wear camouflage combat outfits available at Army & Navy stores if they can find em. Soot blackened faces with twigs and leaves on their heads, synchronizing watches and and all that carry on. Pick a dark moonless night. I could pop along to coordinate the whole operation if need be. :closedeyes:

Why. Are they hiding in the jungle?