Just in for money

Taxi!

Featured Posts

A certain ------ from ----- Marina from an adjacent business, he was commissioned to take an engine out to be sent away to be reconditioned. It was reconditioned to a new standard, and when he put it back in around 3-4 weeks after he told us it was running too fast and thought it was the govener. Pump and injectors were sent back to the people who reconditioned the engine. They arrived back and we delivered them down to the marina on the 12th August, advertised boat for sale with just pump and injectors needed fitting. Someone came to look at the boat in the middle of October with a view to buying it. The next day ------- was going to fit the pump and injectors and he told us there was a hole in the sump and the engine would need to come out again and he wanted nothing more to do with the boat. It has taken 7 1/2 months to realise there was a hole in the sump and blaming it on the people who reconditioned the engine. He craned it out with a tractor using chains on a floating pontoon and have original email to prove this. We later found out from a professional this should not have been attempted on a floating pontoon. He kept harassing for mooring fees and threatening to cut boat loose onto the canal, very unprofessional and disgusting attitude. Why the need to act suspicious like this??

He knew someone in August someone that wanted to buy the boat, The man was supposed to be working on a boat at the marina when he rang up he was saying it was a 'friend' that had put him in touch and offered half the price it was worth, which we declined.

He was also telling prospective buyers it would never run again and needs a new engine.

Edited by Lady Muck

Reading that hurt my eyes.

I cant answer your question as to why the need to act suspicious.

I'm also unsure as to the intent of your post, but if people feel the need to come on here and warn others about potentially dodgy buisness practice, why do they then hide the most important bit?

I can't quite make head or tail of your story, perhaps I am a slow reader. Are you saying that the man Justin wanted to make money out of carrying out repairs to this engine? I thought that was the general idea of being in business.

If I have missed a vital point, please do let me know.

Reading that hurt my eyes.

I cant answer your question as to why the need to act suspicious.

I'm also unsure as to the intent of your post, but if people feel the need to come on here and warn others about potentially dodgy buisness practice, why do they then hide the most important bit?

What's the most important bit?

I can't quite make head or tail of your story, perhaps I am a slow reader. Are you saying that the man Justin wanted to make money out of carrying out repairs to this engine? I thought that was the general idea of being in business.

If I have missed a vital point, please do let me know.

If he wanted to make money out of it, why did he say he wanted nothing else to do with the boat? Why didn't he repair it for us?, why did it suddenly knacker up?

You are of course referring ----------------------------

Somebody who I have had dealings with as a customer (and if my memory serves me right is a forum member) - he and his company are highly regarded and respected and in my experience justifiably so.

Second post in 2 days trying to put down ------ or a business associated with it - co-incidence?? perhaps...

I had already removed it LM

Edited by The Dog House
remove name

Ok, we have no idea what the other side or the story is, nor do we know if ------- is a member on CWDF and has a right to reply either, so it's a bit unfair to post up someones name without their knowledge.

If anyone must know who this is can we keep it to private message, please?

We don't want to provide a reputation destroying service, only a discussion forum. For the avoidance of doubt, if you want to name and shame do it on your own webspace, or blog, not here. Anyone using CWDF to slander a business for reasons such as falling out, well we take a very dim view of that and we will deal with it accordingly.

Thanks

Site Crew

Edited by Lady Muck

The problem is, people will now assume the name of the marina in question. I'm assuming it is one that has 3 or 5 towers overlooking it as mentioned in another thread running at the moment.

As per my first comment, i dont understand what the OP is getting at. I wont go as far as saying it is because of the punctuation as mine is also terrible!!

Ok, we have no idea what the other side or the story is, nor do we know if ------- is a member on CWDF and has a right to reply either, so it's a bit unfair to post up someones name without their knowledge.

We don't want to provide a reputation destroying service, only a discussion forum. For the avoidance of doubt, if you want to name and shame do it on your own webspace, or blog, not here. Anyone using CWDF to slander a business for reasons such as falling out, well we take a very dim view of that and we will deal with it accordingly.

Thanks

Site Crew

Another forum I regularly look at has a no naming and shaming policy for just that reason.

They say...

"I'm often asked why the 'no naming and shaming' rule exists on PistonHeads.com.

Why can't 'bad dealers' be outed etc?

Well, there are a number of reasons. Firstly it's simply a matter of fairness. All too often I've heard a 'horror' story about a dealer only to later talk to the dealer involved and find that there are considerably different views on what actually took place.

There are bad customers out there as well as bad dealers. Some people expect too much, distort the facts in their favour, etc. etc.

Who are we to act as judge and jury when someone posts something bad about a business? We can't verify the 'facts' as presented. If the dealer doesn't even know that the message has been posted then it's very unfair on their business to be slated in public with no opportunity to respond.

Even if the dealer or company does frequent this site, is it right that a dispute should be argued out in public? That's no way to resolve matters sensibly.

PistonHeads then becomes involved as a 'publisher' of what may be libelous, making matters even more complex. If we're asked to remove comments by a company and we consider them potentially libelous then we will take them off the site. That then leaves you open to litigation, not us.

Disputes are best dealt with in the real world through normal channels. Doing it online merely opens a can of worms for the person posting the message, for PistonHeads and for the business being discussed.

We've no desire to become embroiled in disputes and start providing transcripts of threads to solicitors (yes, it has happened).

Many people do not realise that they are opening themselves up to accusations of libel too. "But what I posted was true" is a frequent retort. That's as may be, but all too often emotions creeps into messages and people end up stepping over the line, putting themselves in a position where they could invite a whole heap of trouble.

So, the answer is that we ask people not to indulge in 'name and shame' discussions. It's the simplest solution found."

Edited by IanM
edited by mistake apols LM

We don't want to provide a reputation destroying service, only a discussion forum. For the avoidance of doubt, if you want to name and shame do it on your own webspace, or blog, not here.

Thanks

Site Crew

If I recall correctly the business owner is a forum member and once came on here to defend his company when somebody came on here to rubbish some work he had done when they hadn't even discuss their concerns with them.

It is the one with the cooling towers

If I recall correctly the business owner is a forum member and once came on here to defend his company when somebody came on here to rubbish some work he had done when they hadn't even discuss their concerns with them.

He's taken us down, why did a running engine suddenly stop? Why did he refuse to not work on it ever again? Perhaps because he knew he had buggered it up!

He's taken us down, why did a running engine suddenly stop? Why did he refuse to not work on it ever again? Perhaps because he knew he had buggered it up!

Perhaps you should be asking him not us...

It is the one with the cooling towers

IMO this is between you and him, not the internet!

Have you heard of cowboys? Coincidence two people not satisfied.

Of course I have and would firmly not put that business in that category.

If you persist in naming and shaming all be it by 'stealth' then this thread will only end up going one way.....

Of course I have and would firmly not put that business in that category.

If you persist in naming and shaming all be it by 'stealth' then this thread will only end up going one way.....

You work for the marina in the office and of course are going to defend.

Have you heard of cowboys? Coincidence two people not satisfied.

Whether it be coincidence or not - - you still need to take it up with the guy concerned

It may be difficult to contemplate in your current situation..... but you need to arrange to see the chap, and calmly, very calmly, talk through the whole process with him.

Stay calm.

Find out from HIS persepective what the problems are, and then find some common ground .....

Stay calm

Many people do not realise that they are opening themselves up to accusations of libel too. "But what I posted was true" is a frequent retort. That's as may be, but all too often emotions creeps into messages and people end up stepping over the line, putting themselves in a position where they could invite a whole heap of trouble.

I came across this excellent summary article on such issues on the BBC yesterday....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-20782257

A certain ------ from ----- Marina from an adjacent business, he was commissioned to take an engine out to be sent away to be reconditioned. It was reconditioned to a new standard, and when he put it back in around 3-4 weeks after he told us it was running too fast and thought it was the govener. Pump and injectors were sent back to the people who reconditioned the engine. They arrived back and we delivered them down to the marina on the 12th August, advertised boat for sale with just pump and injectors needed fitting. Someone came to look at the boat in the middle of October with a view to buying it. The next day ------- was going to fit the pump and injectors and he told us there was a hole in the sump and the engine would need to come out again and he wanted nothing more to do with the boat. It has taken 7 1/2 months to realise there was a hole in the sump and blaming it on the people who reconditioned the engine. He craned it out with a tractor using chains on a floating pontoon and have original email to prove this. We later found out from a professional this should not have been attempted on a floating pontoon. He kept harassing for mooring fees and threatening to cut boat loose onto the canal, very unprofessional and disgusting attitude. Why the need to act suspicious like this??

He knew someone in August someone that wanted to buy the boat, The man was supposed to be working on a boat at the marina when he rang up he was saying it was a 'friend' that had put him in touch and offered half the price it was worth, which we declined.

He was also telling prospective buyers it would never run again and needs a new engine.

i am sure a moderator will take this garbage down soon!