Just in for money

Taxi!

Featured Posts

The answer is quite logical.

Notice and Takedown procedures are implemented over libel as well as copyright infringements and the owner of the site does not want it taken down over possible libellous content.

It is my understanding that the site owner is an engineer, not a lawyer, so is not equipped to make accurate judgements on every potentially libellous case.

Daniel funds the site out of his own pocket as a hobby so cannot afford to seek legal advice so he chooses to ask us not to slag off boatyards and, if we do the content will be removed.

Logical enough?

And the fact remains that anyone interested can e-mail the original poster and glean that information privately, so it's not a point of information being suppressed or the site owner or mods covering anything up, simply a point of not making the information public and risking further action from someone or company being damaged by release of such information.

True but Ben Harp was not directly named on here until his dodginess was proven.

People were directed to blogs talking about his antics rather than him being named directly.

Slightly my point, some proof of wrong doing was gleaned before being posted on here, which I think is fair ;)

Are you just jumping on the bandwagon, or do you actually know this is garbage? Just a simple observation about a simple post

It is potentially libellous posting emanating from a private squabble - it has no place here, in its present unbalanced form.

Now the article you have linked to is about a murderer of a child and i find that highly distressing that you should use this example to try and make a comparison to what is going on in this thread.

Aside from that (lets just put that down to ill judgement) from what i understand about libel. The statement someone makes can only be classed as libel if the contents of it are untrue. The Dog House therefor cannot claim or liken it to being libel, seeing as he doesn't know if it's the truth or not.

I'm afraid you are misrepresenting me - the article refers to libelous and slanderous posts made on Twitter and other social media (like the forum) and how people can unwittingly find themselves on the wrong side of the law.

Yes it uses and example of how some tweeters have found themselves in contempt of court.

If certain people can't accept this, then go read.....Cake Decorating forums.

You're kidding right?

Cake central Clicky

Originally Posted by Jackie

Ladies and Gentlemen of CakeCentral:

Over the last month or so there has been an unsettling increase in the volume and frequency of petty bickering in the forums.

This behavior is completely unacceptable and against the spirit of Cake Central.

The moderators and administrators are fed up with trying to keep up with this ugliness and trying to keep the peace.

Quite frankly, Heath and I are disgusted with the behavior of a handful of members and we are putting an end to it.

Consider this message fair notice to everyone. The leniency is over. We are going to start banning any member we feel is starting problems, provoking others, making snide remarks, or insulting other members.

I don't care if we have to ban 1000 users if that is what it takes to get this community back to focusing on cakes instead of inter-personal drama.

We are all supposed to be here to talk politely about cake, support each other, and lend a helping hand.

If you don't agree with someone, by all means.... disagree, but do it respectfully.

If someone asks for your constructive criticism, then give it... constructively.

If you find yourself unable to write a post, PM, or response in a constructive, encouraging or supportive way then you need to walk away.

Remember, this community is based on values of caring, and generosity of spirit.

Focus on what you share in common, learn from what makes you different, support each other through struggles, and celebrate each others' success.

Edited by carlt

It is potentially libellous posting emanating from a private squabble - it has no place here, in its present unbalanced form.

Apart from certain things. I actually thought the op was just sharing his experience with the forum members. Why would you say that has no place here ? I'm sure there are people who may be grateful of such information.

You're kidding right?

Cake central Clicky

It was actually sarcasm, but if you have to question that. Go check out those forums!

Apart from certain things. I actually thought the op was just sharing his experience with the forum members. Why would you say that has no place here ? I'm sure there are people who may be grateful of such information.

Because it is a completely one sided account of a petty squabble - and therefor not very informative.

How can you say it's libellous though (potential or otherwise) if you don't know it to be untrue ? Ok, granted, i can see that it may look that way to some, but until you know the statement to be 100% false, then it's an unfair assumption in my book

It was actually sarcasm, but if you have to question that. Go check out those forums!

I just did, as you obviously didn't click on my clicky I took the trouble of quoting the cake decorating forum.

Don't mess with the cake decorators or you'll get iced. ;)

For God's sake if you want to know that, simply ask the owner himself and stop annoying everyone else with your questions. We are not Daniel's keepers or his decision makers. Send him a PM[/size]

Well I originally asked the site admin that removed the details, everyone else decided to chime in.

Because he chooses to. He pays for it it is his entitlement. It is really nobidy elses business why. Perhaps you would like to know why he prefers marmite to jam on his toast as well?

Or perhaps that is copyrighted information? ...... or perhaps I have been libellous in suggesting he might like Marmite.

Well then the site admin should have just said that instead of spouting off nonsense about slander. A site admin that wants site users usually explains why they do things.

I only asked a simple question but everyone and their dog has decided to comment on it, and none of them seem to know what they're talking about.

There is a big difference in my opinion to ripping it out of a large corp. about something that was actual fact (there was horse DNA in the meat after all) and slagging off a small family run canal side business that normally stand or fall by their reputation.

Tesco will survive a few internet jibes about their cock up...as sure as eggs is eggs.

One rule for one eh...

I only asked a simple question but everyone and their dog has decided to comment on it, and none of them seem to know what they're talking about.

This is a discussion forum (the clue is up the top of the page) you should give yourself a hearty slap on the back for provoking a discussion.

You are everyone and their dog....Welcome!

I thought it was a simple question that required a simple answer, but apparently not. :banghead:

You got several simple answers based on several people's different opinions, experience and knowledge.

If it was that simple why didn't you know the answer and how do you know one of the many answers offered wasn't the correct one?

One rule for one eh...

Not at all - the difference is clear.

If some body had come on the forum and said -

'There is horse DNA in Tesco burgers' and this was factually wrong then they would have potentially been in trouble.

However joshing about something that is proven and factual is completely different which is what went on here.

Please stop misrepresenting what I am saying.