Paddington Arm to be filled in

WJM

Featured Posts

Mum (in Knottingley) has Ferrybridge motorway services in her back garden according to Apple Maps. The actual location is at least a couple of miles away on the uhm actual moterway.

But have you ever found them - I see the signs but last time we looked for them we ended up back on the M62 without ever seeing the services - perhaps Apple are correct and they really are in her back garden.

But have you ever found them - I see the signs but last time we looked for them we ended up back on the M62 without ever seeing the services - perhaps Apple are correct and they really are in her back garden.

Dozens of times. They used to be at the junction of the A1 and M62 where the services are located in the north east corner ot the roundabout, just before the M62 east slip road on. When the A1 was upgraded to motorway standard the A1 thereabouts was moved about a mile to the west. The services now only really serve the M62 and those who know how to find them from elsewhere...

Dozens of times. They used to be at the junction of the A1 and M62 where the services are located in the north east corner ot the roundabout, just before the M62 east slip road on. When the A1 was upgraded to motorway standard the A1 thereabouts was moved about a mile to the west. The services now only really serve the M62 and those who know how to find them from elsewhere...

It was semi tongue in cheek of course because we have actually found them aside from the last time when we somehow seemed to scoot off the M62 and them back on again about a mile later without ever seeing them...we did laugh at the time.

It's actually a junction we pass every time we go to our mooring as our boat is about 15 minutes away (by car) from Ferrybridge.

• 1 year later...

Contrast with Google maps, which used to be very confused about Hazlehurst junction on the Caldon. The Leek branch diverges southwards from the junction, then crosses over the mainline on an aqueduct half a mile further on. Google maps used to render the whole of the area between the two branches as far as the aqueduct as water. I reported this sometime in the summer, and when I look now, it's been fixed.

MP.