Here We Go!

tillergirl

Featured Posts

Well today was D-Day. We moved some more of our stuff on board, fetched the dogs from boarding kennels and here we are to coin another members' phrase, sat in a floating building site. The stove is lit, we are a toasty 26C, the dogs are fast asleep. There's a bath sheet fastened to the front door no curtains or blinds in the saloon or kitchen ,no sofa to sit on, and no bed in the bedroom. - yet.

Do we care? Hell No!

Cheers Everyone cheers.gif

Well today was D-Day. We moved some more of our stuff on board, fetched the dogs from boarding kennels and here we are to coin another members' phrase, sat in a floating building site. The stove is lit, we are a toasty 26C, the dogs are fast asleep. There's a bath sheet fastened to the front door no curtains or blinds in the saloon or kitchen ,no sofa to sit on, and no bed in the bedroom. - yet.

Do we care? Hell No!

Cheers Everyone cheers.gif

:) your all happy thats all that matters :) the rest will sort itself out :)xxxx

Congratulations, hope you'll both be very happy. :cheers:

We moved on board 4 weeks ago, it's a great feeling getting rid of everything and starting anew, we still have cardboard bungs in our portholes and lots of sorting out but wouldn't change it for the world.

Ann

Excellent news to be finally on board.Well done. Even if it's not ideal and there is much work to do at least you've made it finally. Whether a boat is old and decrepit, a sailaway shell, or just one that requires a little TLC, it must be so satifying when all the work is completed or is progressing despite many frustrations along the way I would think.

I really envy those of you who are able to (or have the courage to) buy a boat that needs a lot doing to it. I completely lack any skills needed for this kind of thing, and the confidence too as I'm a complete numpty where anything practical is concerned. In my current seach for a boat to buy I'm not looking for a ready made 'floating cottage' and I couldn't afford one anyway, but I am restricted to ones where all that is needed is a bit of hard work and some TLC. Anything too major and I would have to pay somebody to do it so not only would this cost me, but I wouldn't get the satisfaction of having done it myself either.

The boat I've seen and I'm hoping to buy falls into the 'TLC' category so shouldn't need any skill for much of the work, and I'm sure that at least with some of the other things that need doing I can learn rather than pay somebody to do it.

The boat I've seen and I'm hoping to buy falls into the 'TLC' category so shouldn't need any skill for much of the work, and I'm sure that at least with some of the other things that need doing I can learn rather than pay somebody to do it.

When push comes to shove it's amazing what you can learn to do yourself! :unsure: