Canal Shop Moves

Canal Shop Man

Featured Posts

Just to update everybody . . .

Having moved from Whilton Marina and having made a few business changes, we have now outgrown the premises at Whilton, so we have moved 8 miles up the road to Hillmorton Wharf at Rugby, just off M1, Junc 18 (Bridge 73 on the North Oxford, by the Hungry Horse pub, the Old Royal Oak)

The new premises are 30% bigger and include moorings and a wet dock, so we can offer more services there too. We are reinstating the popular recycling service we set up at Whilton and which was destroyed and we are shortly adding a laundry facility.

It will take us a week or two to find all the stock, which we moved here by working boat (courtesy of Nick Wolfe), but as soon as we have sorted it out we will start doing some special offers running up to Christmas - mention Canalworld and we might do you a good price . .

We are also installing a canal-side diesel pump and hope to offer the cheapest diesel in the area.

Richard

I went to the Whilton but you had GONE!!!! - no notice on the door or anything....however, tried the website and the mobile number worked.....

It may take you a week or two to SORT OUT your stock, however, it didn't take you long to find what I needed the other day.....

Thanks for the great service, I will be back....

Having moved from Whilton Marina and having made a few business changes, we have now outgrown the premises at Whilton, so we have moved 8 miles up the road to Hillmorton Wharf at Rugby, just off M1, Junc 18 (Bridge 73 on the North Oxford, by the Hungry Horse pub, the Old Royal Oak)

The new premises are 30% bigger and include moorings and a wet dock, so we can offer more services there too. We are reinstating the popular recycling service we set up at Whilton and which was destroyed and we are shortly adding a laundry facility.

It will take us a week or two to find all the stock, which we moved here by working boat (courtesy of Nick Wolfe), but as soon as we have sorted it out we will start doing some special offers running up to Christmas - mention Canalworld and we might do you a good price . .

We are also installing a canal-side diesel pump and hope to offer the cheapest diesel in the area.

Richard

Well it was the cheapest diesel I have seen on the cut for a bit wen we came by on Wednesday. Well done to you and thanks for the big wave from whoever was in the chandlery . Is it actually a decked over wet dock that you are in?

Passed through Hilmorton heading south on the 2nd of this month, I guess you were not open then, though SWMBO says there was a sign up I didnt see it. I was busy thinking of calling in at Whilton, which I did, to find you had gone! :( The New Chandlery at the marina was not a patch as it was when you were there. They had only a fraction of the stock, they did not have any of the items I was looking for. Fortunately I found the most important item I needed (Hosepipe fittings) in the nearby garden centre. But I really did miss my usual "browse around"

Good luck at your new place

Hello Canal Shop Man,

I'm told that you can cut Masterboard to spec and ship it. Is that right?

I'm looking for a 100cm by 150 cm piece of 6mm thick Mastboard. Would you be able to ship that to me? And is there any chance you might be able to get it to me by Thursday or Friday this week? Otherwise, could you let me know when it might arrive and what would be the cost?

The delivery address is:

Jonathan Norton

Address removed. Please PM Jonathan for his address.

Thanks,

Yours,

Jon Norton

Richard

Edited by Theo
Remove address. Security on a public forum.

Well it was the cheapest diesel I have seen on the cut for a bit wen we came by on Wednesday. Well done to you and thanks for the big wave from whoever was in the chandlery . Is it actually a decked over wet dock that you are in?

Yes, we are lierally on the canal - probably the only chandlery that close to the water. Hopefully we have made the floor strong enough so no-one falls through, but a carefully designed trapdoor could be useful for difficult customers . . .

Passed through Hilmorton heading south on the 2nd of this month, I guess you were not open then, though SWMBO says there was a sign up I didnt see it. I was busy thinking of calling in at Whilton, which I did, to find you had gone! :( The New Chandlery at the marina was not a patch as it was when you were there. They had only a fraction of the stock, they did not have any of the items I was looking for. Fortunately I found the most important item I needed (Hosepipe fittings) in the nearby garden centre. But I really did miss my usual "browse around"

Good luck at your new place

You'll be pleased to know that we are now 30% bigger so you can browse even longer (not sure if this means there will be more space or just that I can now buy 30% more stock) ((did I hear howls from her indoors!!))

Richard

Glad to hear it. I never found antwhere nearby to moor at yr second location so never stopped. A mooring area is a necessity

Thanks for your help Richard, you supplied me with the accumulator tank the other day, there was also a fault with the pressure switch, I took your advice and used the pressure switch on the pump, all back together and working now. Thanks and all the best with your new location.