Time to say farewell to the cut for now

Martin Megson

Featured Posts

Sadly, after almost a year touring the waterways of Britain we have to put the beloved Mr Bunbury on the market and leave the cut for the foreseeable future. I just wanted to say thank you to the many forum members who have helped and advised me over the year. I hope to return to the cut at some future date and am considering volunteer work with CaRT in the meantime so I may appear along the towpath.

Wishing you all the very best for the future.

:(

Sadly, after almost a year touring the waterways of Britain we have to put the beloved Mr Bunbury on the market and leave the cut for the foreseeable future. I just wanted to say thank you to the many forum members who have helped and advised me over the year. I hope to return to the cut at some future date and am considering volunteer work with CaRT in the meantime so I may appear along the towpath.

It's always sad to hear of someone leaving the canals. Best of luck with your next adventure though.

Good luck Martin with whatever you get up to and please stick around here.

• 2 months later...

And now time to return to the cut. Due to the depressed market the boat has not sold yet and we have decided to take her back of the market and enjoy her for a little longer. I look forward to meeting friends old and new.

:clapping:

Ah! Good news, I suppose, hope we meet up again at some point.

Paul

I plan to do the K&A next summer and will look out for you.

Welcome back, I bet part of you is secretly pleased it didn't sell :cheers:

Ann

Ann, I didn't want to sell at all - it was my brother who is co-owner but he has kindly agreed to delay the sale.

Hoorah!

Not sure what you'll use for money but I hope you'll cope OK.

Mike

As long as I'm on the cut I'll manage.

And now time to return to the cut. Due to the depressed market the boat has not sold yet and we have decided to take her back of the market and enjoy her for a little longer. I look forward to meeting friends old and new.

I hope to see you at some time. :captain::cheers:

Perhaps you could find another person willing to co-own the boat with you? Might work out as a good arrangement for someone who'd like use of a nice boat but hasn't got the funds to buy one outright.

Not wishing to hijack this thread but, six years ago we moved from Northants to Norfolk, sold the narrowboat (and we had been on the canals for 20 odd years) and bought a nice Broads cruiser. The boat is a gem but the Broads are not the canals and we miss them. Have now put the boat on the market with the intention of buying another nb with the proceeds. However we are close on three hours from the nearest canal (as best I can work out)and the risk is that the nb will not get used as much as it should. Syndication does not appeal but maybe, just maybe, a partnership would work. There are a lot of if's and buts I know - the idea has some appeal though.

Any thoughts, any body interested in such an arrangement?

Not wishing to hijack this thread but, six years ago we moved from Northants to Norfolk, sold the narrowboat (and we had been on the canals for 20 odd years) and bought a nice Broads cruiser. The boat is a gem but the Broads are not the canals and we miss them. Have now put the boat on the market with the intention of buying another nb with the proceeds. However we are close on three hours from the nearest canal (as best I can work out)and the risk is that the nb will not get used as much as it should. Syndication does not appeal but maybe, just maybe, a partnership would work. There are a lot of if's and buts I know - the idea has some appeal though.

Where in Norfolk are you? I live in Norfolk and a canal (well, a canalised river) runs past the end of our garden. We can get from here to our boat moored on the Oxford in just over 2 hours, and on that journey we cross the Grand Union which would be maybe an hour and a half away.

Edited by Athy

You wont be able to send or receive personal messages because you are new to the forum. I have an idea to suggest, can you post an email address to reach you on?

You wont be able to send or receive personal messages because you are new to the forum. I have an idea to suggest, can you post an email address to reach you on?

but don't post it as it is, use 'at' instead of @ and space it out, otherwise the netbot crawlers will spam you to death....