Bottled gas price

JerryP

Featured Posts

By the way, the search facility on this forum truly is terrible. Trying to find this thread I put in 'gas price' and a pageful of threads came up, none of them this one. I tried just 'gas' and got 'no results found'. Eventually 'gas bottle' found it half way down the page. I don't blame people for giving up on it.

Easier than finding cheap gas in the southwest;

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=site%3Acanalworld.net+%22gas+price%22&oq=site%3Acanalworld.net

I think you are all lucky sods.

We are forced into using Camping Gaz bottles, the stubby calors dont fit in the locker.

£20 for 2.75kg :o

What you need to get then is a proper boat then!

:captain:

Runs away to hide......

Cheers

Gareth

I think you are all lucky sods.

We are forced into using Camping Gaz bottles, the stubby calors dont fit in the locker.

£20 for 2.75kg :o

Can't you get an adaptor that allows you to fill them for a fraction of that cost on a garage forecourt? :lol:

(I know!..... I know!.....)

Actually, I'd have thought given what your fuel (diesel) costs might be, paying an inflated price for LPG would seem fairly small beer lager (in your case, I believe!) by comparison.

Got it yesterday from Kelsalls near Cannock. 13kg, £20.48 inc. VAT

By the way, the search facility on this forum truly is terrible. Trying to find this thread I put in 'gas price' and a pageful of threads came up, none of them this one. I tried just 'gas' and got 'no results found'. Eventually 'gas bottle' found it half way down the page. I don't blame people for giving up on it.

Try typing +Gas +Price in the search box so it looks for both terms being found together

Try typing +Gas +Price in the search box so it looks for both terms being found together

You hit the limit it can't cope with 3 character search strings.

+diesel +price will work, (but not give the results you want!) +gas +price will not.

Can't you get an adaptor that allows you to fill them for a fraction of that cost on a garage forecourt? :lol:

(I know!..... I know!.....)

Actually, I'd have thought given what your fuel (diesel) costs might be, paying an inflated price for LPG would seem fairly small beer lager (in your case, I believe!) by comparison.

:lol:

It is.

For some reason though quenching NC's never ending thirst for the red stuff doesnt seem as bad as being ripped off for a tiny blue bottle of gas :D

Any suggestions for cheap Calor 13kg suppliers in Manchester? I'm on the Bridgewater at Stretford, but can travel a few miles.

Been buying from PF Jones in Old Trafford but I think the last lot were £30 each.... Which seems a lot compared to some here.

I fill my own at a petrol station for around £16.00

If BSS examiner finds out you fill your own bottles he may cancel the exam and walk off your boat. They don't like'em.

oooh. Can you do that? Is it easy? There is a fuel station near me that does lpg can I just pop along and plug a gas bottle in? Cheers Phil

Our local Shell station won't allow it unless you are using bottles designed for diy refilling.

If BSS examiner finds out you fill your own bottles he may cancel the exam and walk off your boat. They don't like'em.

I thought that was only if you had bottles that are designed to be DIY refilled.

Edited by ditchcrawler