what make car is your boat

nora

Featured Posts

Bang on a bit of chrome around the fenders Carl... B)

My dads Herald had white rubber bumpers. Got white marks on my trousers whenever I unloaded stuff.

I suppose my boat is a bit like Daniels kit car.

Edited by NBMike

I'd say a Ford Pickup

red_ford_pick_up_3.jpg

Terence

Now I can't see the grille to be certain but that looks remarkably like a 1952 Ford F1 truck like the one I used to own :wub:

We bought it from LA, It was cream We made a red mohair tonneau cover, retrimmed the bench seat (red naugahide - yes vinyl!), fitted some wide plain steel rims (painted red) with domed hubcaps (similar to those in the pics but not chrome rims) and lowered the suspension. It became our daily driver. We named her Daisy as that was the name written on one of the oil change record slips stuck in the door frame.

Thanks for sharing that!

Now I can't see the grille to be certain but that looks remarkably like a 1952 Ford F1 truck like the one I used to own :wub:

We bought it from LA, It was cream We made a red mohair tonneau cover, retrimmed the bench seat (red naugahide - yes vinyl!), fitted some wide plain steel rims (painted red) with domed hubcaps (similar to those in the pics but not chrome rims) and lowered the suspension. It became our daily driver. We named her Daisy as that was the name written on one of the oil change record slips stuck in the door frame.

Thanks for sharing that!

Classic Red Ford Pick-up Truck 1949

1red_ford_pick_up.jpg

Terence

I drove one of these for a number of years, as my everyday car (not as shiny, though!)

kenil11.JPG

It's as close an approximation as I can think of - old, unusual, classy, reasonably quick, fun to drive, accommodation rather draughty & spartan.

kennet.jpg

Tim

All this talk of Riley RMs.

Do your narrowboats have vinyl roofs?

I do like the idea of Québec as a Triumph Herald. This was mine in 1970, when I drove it to Turkey via Eastern Europe and back via Greece, Yugoslavia and Italy.

First photo in Kosovo, second photo at the top of the Gross Glockner Pass between Italy and Austria.

133806_10150111640292959_711472958_7667227_3022526_o.jpg

169707_10150111639492959_3809583_o.jpg

Here's one for Phylis

thrust2-1.jpg

No...Phylis' boat isn't a car, it has to be the original headbanger bike...a Yamaha Elsie.

169707_10150111639492959_3809583_o.jpg

Incredible depth of field that I find impossible to achieve, with my digital camera.

Seeing a photo of this quality has inspired me to stop being lazy and I'll get my proper camera out, this weekend.

Edited by carlt

No...Phylis' boat isn't a car, it has to be the original headbanger bike...a Yamaha Elsie.

Incredible depth of field that I find impossible to achieve, with my digital camera.

Seeing a photo of this quality has inspired me to stop being lazy and I'll get my proper camera out, this weekend.

When I saw that photo, I just wanted to be there, even felt that I was. I like takin piccys, but my son in law is doing a degree(3rd year) at Uni, and has ditched his ditgital slr's for a trad model.

My daughter also seems to be picking up great cam skills......

kenil11.JPG

All this talk of Riley RMs.

Do your narrowboats have vinyl roofs?

That is a rover. These are Riley RMs, not the three I had, but they are very similar:-

riley_riley_rm_retro_1945_sedan.jpg

250px-Riley_RMF_2,5-Litre_Saloon_1953.jpg

Riley_Saloon_1953.jpg

Lovely cars.

Edited by David Schweizer

First Time? How many times did you get knocked off your motorbike Ray? Did you make a practice of it? :lol:

Those old Riley's could have either a 11/2 or 21/2 litre engines.Once whilst an apprentice i was helping MOT one,up on the ramp rocking the steering ect,when Tom underneath shouts out push the brake pedal which was very spongy,it nearly went to the boards,and then, come down and look at this.

Someone had botched a leaky metal hydraulic brake pipe by inserting a length of that clear plastic petrol tubing with two clips,it blew up like a balloon on pressing the brake.In those days the qualifications for an MOT tester were i think 5 plus years as a motor mechanic or of course a City & Guilds ticket that was all and no one ever came to check.

I have a Dinky toy model of an RM.

Edited by bizzard

First Time? How many times did you get knocked off your motorbike Ray? Did you make a practice of it? :lol:

I thought it was classed as an occupational hazard for a motorcyclist... :unsure: