Cooking on the stove....

Featured Posts

just finished a marvelous jacket spud with a beef/pepper and sweetcorn chilli, all cooked on or in stove today. yum.

I popped across from sawley marina earlier to see if the waterpoints were still active and the gorgeous smell of curry was coming from the boat filling up. He said he cooks it all day long in a pot on top.

Aldi have a large selection of ceramic/metal casserole/cook pots at very reasonable prices this week.

not connected in any way unless they want to pay me. :blink:

Right you uncultured oafs, with apologies to Martin for taking this a bit off topic, here, is some heavy dub

Or you could try something a bit more modern (mind you it's 20 years old now).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzuyGiGYOP0

But you won't hear the heavy bass at all on computer speakers.

Edited by blackrose

I have a couple of different height trivets I use to raise a pan up off the top of the stove on the occasion a slower heat is needed or the food is cooked and you just want it keeping warm

just waiting for me selfridges xmas mini puds to finish, will let you know the outcome :lol:

Ah the classics, still I think people like Dub Hooligan and Mungo's hi fi are er, 'Phat'

Whereas, despite his epithet, the master sound mixer King Tubby wasn't phat at all - he was called that because his mother's surname was Tubman.

• 4 weeks later...

A LITTLE TIP to stop that kettle burning dry or burning the stew make your self a pot stand out of three pieces of small alluminium or copper pipe and link them together with a piece of wire to form a triangle to use under the pot or kettle works a treat like having a simmering ring

A LITTLE TIP to stop that kettle burning dry or burning the stew make your self a pot stand out of three pieces of small alluminium or copper pipe and link them together with a piece of wire to form a triangle to use under the pot or kettle works a treat like having a simmering ring

Three 2p pieces do the same job, and only cost a few coppers to buy.

Top Tip

When casually scattering dried herbs into the pot on the stove - ensure that your ecofan is not pointing over the pot else your coal scuttle will be fragranced instead of the stew...

Who was that what was saying ecofans don't work?

--

Dave

Most of you will have a problem cooking Yorkie pubs. There are two problems for you all to overcome number one problem is easiest to overcome and that is the use of Fat !!!!!!!!! and not oil to cook them in, that is just poor education. Oils is simply useless.

The second is harder and that is you MUST use proper yorkshire eggs, not the inferior garbage sold in other parts of the country and even in yorkshires supermarkets :cheers:

I thought the biggest problem with cooking Yorkies was to get the oven door shut without being bitten.

• Love 1