Could not connect to CWDF

Featured Posts

All yesterday evening i could not connect to the forum,why i don't know.

Everything else emails ect ect was working normally,just wondered if anyone else had the same problem.

could connect to parts of but not all off the forum

A few of us that are all friends on Facebook were fairly quick to realise that there was in fact a problem with the site and it was not just our individual systems that were causing the problem. (It is so useful to be able to check if other forum members are having issues before you start to suspect your own ssyem)

There was a mention that the host's website was down too and so it was a widescale problem but thankfully it does appear to be fixed now

I had the same experience, about 5 p.m.

Surely these sophisticated electronic systems would not be affected by an outside force such as wind or rain, unless the telephone lines blew down?

Dongles are affected a bit by the weather and here by it seems aircraft from Stanstead flying through the beam.

I had the same last night. It began by being able to connect to the site but when opening some threads it kept timing out. Then later it kept timing out when trying to connect to the site itself.

Mind you I have found the same thing several times before so I wondered if it was something to do with my broadband connection but if a lot of you are getting it then I am relieved

I had a lot of problems yesterday evening after about 7pm. sometimes it would connect OK but would time out when makig a post. It was a bit of a pest as I was tryiong to communicate with another memmber who had offered to check up on our boat, but it is ok this morning.

I did notice that some other sites were a bit slower than usual, but still working, for example photos on eBay were a bit slow to load. I have noticed on previous occassions that when the internet is a bit slow, Canalworld is one of the first of my regular sites to be affected, I just accept it these days assumig it will return to normal after a few hours, which it has.

I had the same last night. It began by being able to connect to the site but when opening some threads it kept timing out. Then later it kept timing out when trying to connect to the site itself.

Mind you I have found the same thing several times before so I wondered if it was something to do with my broadband connection but if a lot of you are getting it then I am relieved

It was erratic for me for most of the evening, sometimes timing out on accessing threads and sometimes on accessing the site itself. All other internet access was normal speed. Just a CWDF server problem I guess.

Roger

Dongles are affected a bit by the weather

Yes, that's why I'm wearing warm underwear at the moment.

But seriously, my computer is fed by a BT land line, so should not be affected.

Another web site which I regularly look at, a reggae music forum, was misbehaving too, though only to the extent of being slower than usual to appear on my screen.

Edited by Athy

All yesterday evening i could not connect to the forum,why i don't know.

Everything else emails ect ect was working normally,just wondered if anyone else had the same problem.

mine was exactly the same ,i tried several times but to no avail

Guest wanted

Yes, that's why I'm wearing warm underwear at the moment.

But seriously, my computer is fed by a BT land line, so should not be affected.

Another web site which I regularly look at, a reggae music forum, was misbehaving too, though only to the extent of being slower than usual to appear on my screen.

More Dub then, or gawd forbid, lovers rock!

:smiley_offtopic: for a sec Did you see that David Rodegan is up for an MBE?