apologies

sorry

Featured Posts

and that 'anonymity by posting behind a forum ID' thing again...

1 big thing occurred to me after the banter on Thursday -

- Copious amounts of alcohol flowed (I think I managed a nearly full card) but a good time was had by all (even though some attendees have had their differences in the forum in the past) no body fell out started posturing or started name calling or using foul language, well not that I noticed anyway.

The difference was of course it was all 'face to face' not across a broadband connection.

no body fell out started posturing or started name calling or using foul language, well not that I noticed anyway.

The difference was of course it was all 'face to face' not across a broadband connection.

Sorry about that, but I genuinely couldn't make it. I will try to be at the next one.

Fuzzyduck, who trolls harder in real life.

Sorry about that, but I genuinely couldn't make it. I will try to be at the next one.

Fuzzyduck, who trolls harder in real life.

I've decided to forgive this time, FD.

The reason I got annoyed yesterday was not because I'm particularly nice about foul language but because it was a particularly vituperative comment aimed at someone who is publicly identifiable beyond the bounds of this forum. That's a form of bullying. Random insults and poor language I don't really have too much of a problem with.

edited - mystery solved ...

I note the MD isn't here today - I hope the hangover isn't permanently disabling.

edited because a kitten wiped out part of the message.

Edited by wrigglefingers

I've decided to forgive this time, FD.

The reason I got annoyed yesterday was not because I'm particularly nice about foul language but because it was a particularly vituperative comment aimed at someone who is publicly identifiable beyond the bounds of this forum. That's a form of bullying. Random insults and poor language I don't really have too much of a problem with. I do find being sent absuive messages on Facebook about this thr

I note the MD isn't here today - i hope the hangover isn't permanently disabling.

MJG wanders off to find a dictionary.....

ah found it - yup I like that word....though severely doubt I could pronounce it with a fully stamped up beer card from the 'Swan on the rushes...'

Edited by MJG

So basically what some of you are saying is as long as you say sorry it is ok to moor on lock landings, or cause problems for other boaters some of whome when passiing are actually genuine CCers, and not just bending the rules for a cheaper way of living.

And as long as you have a good sob story it's ok to over stay, why not just go the whole hog and say fair enough avoid buying a license as well

It was the post I reported, Athy.

It doesn't matter now really. I just had two very unpleasant messages on FB which refer to this thread which have been very upsetting and with which I've had to deal this morning. I'm not always convinced that Facebook is a nice place to be contactable on sometimes and I've adjusted my security settings so I'm a bit more private.

That's not good Gill.... :(

So basically what some of you are saying is as long as you say sorry it is ok to moor on lock landings, or cause problems for other boaters some of whome when passiing are actually genuine CCers, and not just bending the rules for a cheaper way of living.

And as long as you have a good sob story it's ok to over stay, why not just go the whole hog and say fair enough avoid buying a license as well

Before I respond have you actually read the thread????

So basically what some of you are saying is as long as you say sorry it is ok to moor on lock landings

Actually I don't think anyone has said that.

The OP has apologised and made a commitment to rectify the situation.

That's good enough for me but, if you feel she should be punished further...do tell why.

I don't think the people who are unconvinced by an apology want to see punishment for its own sake, but are asking about penalties for inconsiderate mooring. For every blameless boat owner who naively leaves their boat for long periods on a lock landing there are many cynical boaters who are likely to note that it is possible to leave their boat in inapprpriate places without enforcement action being taken. I imagine the degree of success will depend on who you are and how you interact with the authorities. Sid Snot in his overladen rust-bucket probably wouldn't get away with it.

So are you saying that you simply do not believe the explanation of someone who has had the good grace to register on here to put their side of the story ?

I ask again what possible reasons they might have for doing that if they didn't intend to do what they have said, and try better in future to make sure they were not causing problems.

They would gain nothing all by putting themselves in a potential firing line, if their apology was not genuinely sincere, would they ?

I'm happy to accept it at face value, and applaud them having the guts to put their head above the parapet. I really don't understand why you feel the need to continue it.

My life is made a lot happier by the ability to accept and trust. Sorry has said that she has had a conversation with BW and is trying to sort it out. Maybe, just maybe there is a bloody good reason that runs deeper than the need to share on a public forum. Humans have a habit of falling outside of the tick boxes.

• Greenie 1

It is perfectly possible to be blissfully unaware of correct waterways procedure if no one tells you you're doing something wrong. Mrs. Athy and I cruised for about 10 years with our stern rope looped over the tiller bar until I read on here that this should not be done (along with an explanation). we immediately stopped carrying the rope there and have not done so since. So, if anyone says "Surely you must have known that you were doing it wrong", I can quite honestly reply "No, I thought that's how everyone did it".

Are you for real?! Really though, Are the comparatively small proportion of us 'female dreamers' actually the source of all evils on the cut... Cos surely everyone knows that male boaters never do anything stupid/ thoughtless/ inconvenient/ make rookie mistakes/ don't understand when they first start out/ add your own...

Thank God us little women have people like you around to put us in our place and send us back to the bricks and mortar kitchen sinks and out of the way of you serious boy boaters who know better...

yorkie.jpg

Have a greenie; can I pinch that image for nefarious purposes?

Am I the only one to find this shocking;

It's actually pretty normal in the chocolate industry. They launch a product at a particular size and price, then gradually reduce the size of the bar to maintain the price.

Richard

It's actually pretty normal in the chocolate industry. They launch a product at a particular size and price, then gradually reduce the size of the bar to maintain the price.

Richard

yeah. And its been going on for years. anyone remember "Wagon Wheels"? When I were a kid they used to be as big as dinner plates - nowadays they're poxy little discs that can be gobbled up in one mouthful. At least they could - if they didn't taste so bloody 'orrible! And they're ten times the price too. May be a little bit of poetic licence used.

Wonder what this has got to do with being "sorry" !?????

Brian :blink:

forgiveness is a wonderful thing,,,,,,,,,Why keep harping on.......will this thread ever die....slit my wrist's.........

Maybe leaving a corpse to rot is a good thing... I've got some interesting books that argue otherwise if you're interested but they're nowt to do with Bro's Grimm...

ETA...

Why keep harping on

?

Edited by Smelly