BCN 24 Hour Challenge 2012

Capt Ahab

Featured Posts

Downloaded from where?

Richard

I sent an e-mail to John Carrington at bcnschallenge@gmail.com as per Capt Ahab's post, no.27.

He replied this morning with the entry form as an attachment.

See you in June ? :cheers:

Changing the subject :smiley_offtopic: Is there a Lapworth banter planned this year? Our home mooring is in the basin there.

Team 'Red Wharf'

Ryde

IOW

Changing the subject :smiley_offtopic: Is there a Lapworth banter planned this year? Our home mooring is in the basin there.

Team 'Red Wharf'

Ryde

IOW

Yes. How's the Navigation now, and do you want to help organise it? It isn't difficult

Richard

Yes. How's the Navigation now, and do you want to help organise it? It isn't difficult

Richard

Oi! That's my job! And Sue's!

And no it isn't difficult - evidenced by my woeful lack of organisation skills.

Without Excel or Numbers I am nothing. It's not a banter unless I have menus, food plan, shopping plan, sleeping plan, activity timetable, footfall analysis, beer locker quantity assessment ....

I sent an e-mail to John Carrington at bcnschallenge@gmail.com as per Capt Ahab's post, no.27.

He replied this morning with the entry form as an attachment.

See you in June ? :cheers:

Team 'Red Wharf'

Ryde

IOW

My application was in the post today - see you all in Walsall.

Without Excel or Numbers I am nothing. It's not a banter unless I have menus, food plan, shopping plan, sleeping plan, activity timetable, footfall analysis, beer locker quantity assessment ....

True, and we need someone on the ground at Lapworth to do the local checking out - picnic area, moorings, pubs, that stuff

Richard

<Richard ponders the incongruenty of Wriggle having a working plan...> :wacko:

Richard

Navigation still closed last time we were up there. I doubt we'll be back until the end of the month, I think its due to reopen by then. I'll keep you posted.

I'll help organise if I can but we're not exactly local to Lapworth, we live on the Isle of Wight :huh:

SAM

Ryde

IOW

You forgot breakfast supply distribution list

I'm already on the sausages

We've decided we're definitely definitely doing the BCN Challenge this year - though whether it's on Iona or crewing for another boat remains to be seen. If I'm offered extensions to my temporary work contract I'll have to accept because boating has burnt a big hole in our bank balance. Saying that, Birmingham to Nottingham is very doable by train ...

... and there's a train station at Lapworth!

Need to contact PC to find out if the Navigation has been re-opened. 2012 badges need ordering as well. Whoop whoop :cheers:

Navigation still closed last time we were up there. I doubt we'll be back until the end of the month, I think its due to reopen by then. I'll keep you posted.

I'll help organise if I can but we're not exactly local to Lapworth, we live on the Isle of Wight :huh:

SAM

Ryde

IOW

You can escape!

I did. From Monkton Street. It wasn't hard in the end ......

You forgot breakfast supply distribution list

I'm already on the sausages

Are they still in your freezer?

I forgot the numbered labels .... I still have some left from The Lord Combermere evening .....

We did the original challenge in 1996, 1997 and 1999. Then, last year, we had a go at the new challenge - came 9th if I remember right, unfortunately, my main crew member bought tickets for his wife to see COLDPLAY the same weekend as the challenge, so we cannot take part this year. Some people really ought to get their priorities right!!

The application forms are available now from John Carrington at bcnschallenge@gmail.com

Cluck cluck chicken! Of course you should do it. You won't be alone - fighting off crew seems to be the real challenge of the Challenge! In fact, you could just deliver cheese sandwiches and direct operations firmly and not have to so much as touch the tiller, and STILL get credit for everything as cap'n.

You could always join the Cat on his leisurely pootle - he'll be cross if you beat him to his usual last place though, so you ought to do at least a few locks.