drowning

sheriff

Featured Posts

Today at 12:25pm I discovered a dog just under the water in the canal 100mtrs west of bridge 4c (kensal town)Paddington arm of the Grand union canal.I called the RSPCA and whilst waiting observed that the dog had a chain and electical flex attached to the waist and a weight on other end.

RSPCA ACO(animal collection officer)Jill saunders 7379 arrived and we both retrieved the body and she explained to me the dog(male)had only been in the water for half a day or so.

Jill was unable to move or carry the animal so I placed this young(less than a year old)dog into a large bag and carried him to the van.

there was no chip found on this dog and the details are..... Tan coloured all over dog.bull terrier/cross

there will be a article in the local standard paper I have been informed...any info call Jill Saunders 7379....on 08705555999......

for someone to do this,is a act of evil not cruelty..to take a animal to the waters edge,take time to prepare the method of its end.then throw the dog in the canal to struggle until is dies is evil...and if someone can do this to a dog,they have the capability to do it to YOU.....

Today at 12:25pm I discovered a dog just under the water in the canal 100mtrs west of bridge 4c (kensal town)Paddington arm of the Grand union canal.I called the RSPCA and whilst waiting observed that the dog had a chain and electical flex attached to the waist and a weight on other end.

RSPCA ACO(animal collection officer)Jill saunders 7379 arrived and we both retrieved the body and she explained to me the dog(male)had only been in the water for half a day or so.

Jill was unable to move or carry the animal so I placed this young(less than a year old)dog into a large bag and carried him to the van.

there was no chip found on this dog and the details are..... Tan coloured all over dog.bull terrier/cross

there will be a article in the local standard paper I have been informed...any info call Jill Saunders 7379....on 08705555999......

for someone to do this,is a act of evil not cruelty..to take a animal to the waters edge,take time to prepare the method of its end.then throw the dog in the canal to struggle until is dies is evil...and if someone can do this to a dog,they have the capability to do it to YOU.....

There are some sick bastards out there. Poor dog, it makes me so angry that people can treat animal like this. :angry2: I'll ask colleagues and boaty friends if they saw anything or recognise the dog. Trouble is along that stretch of canal is that it is very well used, not just by boaters and also it's not far from a lot of housing and also quite a few scrotes as the boaters who have been burgled in the past at Kensal well know.

Very upset by this. :(

D

Having spent the last week or two trawling the rescue centres, looking for another dog, I am astounded at the number of, dare I say it "tasty" dogs, abandoned and looking for new homes.

If I'd wanted a Bull Terrier, Rotty or other such dog, I could have taken home dozens.

They are, all too often, a status dog for meatheads who, once bored with them, abandon them, if they are lucky, or dispose of them in this way, if they are not.

On top of that, because of their "chav dog" reputation, they are harder to rehome than many other types of dog.

I bloody well hope there caught, and when they have give them to me and I will tie a bleeding brick round there necks and shove them into the sea. This makes my blood boil, if I was to come across any animal in the water suffering or struggling I would most certainly have to dive in to rescue it. Just a shame it was too late for this dog. But a dead one? I so hope I dont have to come across this myself Im not sure what Id do. Whoever did this I hope they rot.

Having spent the last week or two trawling the rescue centres, looking for another dog, I am astounded at the number of, dare I say it "tasty" dogs, abandoned and looking for new homes.

If I'd wanted a Bull Terrier, Rotty or other such dog, I could have taken home dozens.

They are, all too often, a status dog for meatheads who, once bored with them, abandon them, if they are lucky, or dispose of them in this way, if they are not.

On top of that, because of their "chav dog" reputation, they are harder to rehome than many other types of dog.

Hathern dog rescue

http://www.flickr.com/photos/69522930@N07/

Totally agree carl to many...

Disgusting sic bastads!

Sadly, we live in a world with some very horrible human beings. Cruel acts to animals seem to be on the increase ( I volunteer in an animal sanctuary) and the amount of cats and dogs abandoned towards Christmas would surprise many folk who still think of Great Britain as a nation of animal lovers.For someone to deliberately set out to hurt an animal, and inflict as much pain as possible, IMO shows that person to be very dangerous indeed, with a lack of compassion.

I am a dog owner and have owned various animals over the years ( well with 4 saplings, it kinda goes with the job lol). I have also owned several English BullTerriers not because they are 'tasty' dogs, but because I fell in love with the breed after watching Oliver Twist when I was 7yrs old, and they were the most gentle, intelligent and loving dogs I have ever owned.

Lets hope that the culprit/culprits are found, being a bit nieve here, but I do hope so.

At the end of the day it is all about teaching people and that I believe starts in the home.

Sheer evil.

Carl is right - I was looking for a second dog a short while back, and browsing the rescue websites and visiting a couple of centres I would estimate about 90% are some kind of young Staffy/bull terrier cross, invariably acquired as an accessory to make some weak lame excuse for a human "look 'ard".

:angry2: :angry2: :angry2: :angry2: :angry2: :angry2: :angry2: im that upset i cant think of much to say to the culprits but just please someone give me 5 mins with the bastards and they wont be walking right for a long time. About 20 years ago whilst out on motorbike going up to the Dales came across some (((*&^%$£"! dragging a dog behind his car with one of his mates.We surrounded car took dog off rope and dealt out some severe justice to these men ? i had that dog for 12 years best dog ive ever had .
  • Greenie 1

Ok, to play devil's advocate for a moment.

Scenario:

Someone has bought a dog because they haven't the education to follow it through.

The dog becomes unmanageable/unaffordable.

What should they do?

I am (as a non-dog owner) assuming you can't go to a vet and ask them to put down a healthy dog.

Scenario:

Someone has bought a dog because they haven't the education to follow it through.

What should they do?

I am (as a non-dog owner) assuming you can't go to a vet and ask them to put down a healthy dog.

Take it to a rescue centre

Its what they are for and why they are full of staffybull terrier crosses etc as previously described by Carl

Scenario:

What should they do?

Oh come on thats not playing devils advocate,thats just trolling to provoke a response !

14skipper

Scenario:

What should they do?

Well not drown it for a start...

Take it to a rescue centre

Its what they are for and why they are full of staffybull terrier crosses etc as previously described by Carl

Dogs in cages with little hope of rehoming doesn't strike me as particularly humane.

I exempt vegetarians from considering the unpalatable alternatives to the future of this dog.

Well not drown it for a start...

well come on then, an alternative.

Oh come on thats not playing devils advocate,thats just trolling to provoke a response !

14skipper

If you don't wish to debate the point you don't have to.

Please don't call me a troll.

Scenario:

What should they do?

I think that depends to some extent on the vet but there are dog homes and charities that will try to re home or in the end put them down in a painless manner.This is just cruel,sick and depressing to think about.:angry::angry:

Well if people suddenly find, that they are unable to afford to properly care, for a dog then they could contact an animal rescue centre, ( But if only people found out beforehand everything that they needed to know about owning a pet, problems could be avoided)

If they find that they are unable to control the dog due to behavioural or other problems, then they could always contact a dog behavioural expert. All this information can be found in a local vets office. The problems that can arise is when people like the look of a dog but do not find out about the breed. For example a working dog like a border collie needs lots and lots of exercise and could exhibit bad behaviour if it is not being exercised enough or able to work off any excess energy.

A lot of people do not realise the life-span of a dog plus all the expense necessary to ensure that the animal stays healthy

i.e food, vaccinations, equipment, training and if you go on holiday kennel/dog homers.

But saying that I would not be without our Fred as he is so much fun and makes us all smile everyday with his funny antics :)

Dogs in cages with little hope of rehoming doesn't strike me as particularly humane.

I exempt vegetarians from considering the unpalatable alternatives to the future of this dog.

Until the laws change to breeding and breeders, including compulsory microchipping this continues on a daily basis. Dogs hung by the neck from canal bridges, or as this case drown with weights round their necks. The scum of our society, who you wouldn't tar with the brush of being an animal.

The facts are that several thousand status type dogs are put to sleep every year since this became a fad. They cannot in most cases be rehomed because they were raised to be aggressive and the rescues simply don't have the space or funds to keep them for any length of time. At the end of the day most of them are charities, run by volunteers. I have been helping with several for years now, both in the south and midlands.

If the police, pressed by the RSPCA, take time to go over local CCTV they may see the person and dog. But this doesn't necessarily lead to conviction if they can't prove the owner did it. The owner could simply say the dog was snatched from him.

One thing I will raise here, do get your dog chipped and a number not only for you but someone who can keep trying to get you. Even on a boat, I have On Board '****' on the front of my dogs discs. At least it’s a start for finding you if the dog is still local.

Don't get complacent when it comes to going down the local shop. It takes a minute for a lead to be untied and a dog snatched only to be sold on for profit, or worse for dog fighting bait. I am sorry to upset anyone with this, it’s not scaremongering its fact. Not just big cities like London, it’s usually opportunists.

I agree with 'tree', in the right hands these bully type breeds that have acquired a bad reputation are the most gently and loving dogs. Let’s face it I wouldn't leave the room with any of mine alone with a child and they are well behaved daft terriers.

I will put this post on face book for all my dog mates to spread the word, if they haven't already heard and if you don't mind sheriff? It’s amazing what can be done on that media and who can be

found :rolleyes:

Your that bored??? Join wrvs

• Greenie 1

lets have a look they were educated enough to know the dog wasnt chipped they were educated enough to tie nots and educated enough to know that if you leave the dog in the water long enough it would drown.So i think its reasonable to assume that they know killing something is wrong. Is that what your going to say when some little scrote comes up and says sorry im not educated give me your phone or ill stab you or ill tie a cable round your neck and throw you in the cut where it would be deep enough to drown you.Mind you the amount you like to stick your neck out there probably isnt anywhere deep enough to drown you .

Some good advice in CB's post - Dennis is chipped and his tag details mobile number for contact in an emergency/loss

Don't think he qualifies for the description of a 'tasty' dog though.....

IMG_0179.jpg

Edited by MJG

The behaviour of this/these scrotes is unforgivable. But what will happen to them if and when caught? A smacked wrist?

When I was younger (much younger) and lived at home with Mum and Dad we always had Alsations/GSD. They have always had a bad reputation. Ours were as soft as muck.

Getting a little older we bought a JRT, got on really well and decided Jennie needed a pal/friend, so we bought Tess another JRT. They lived 17 & 16 years until they went to the kennel in the sky. They were both smashing pets and had a good life. We enjoyed them.

Now my point. After the two beasts departed we made the decision not to have any more pets as they can tie you down a little. Any way, youngest son (22 ish at the time) mentioned his mate who lived in a flat had a rescue dog and as someone had told the council that he had a dog had to get rid of it. Initially we said no but boyo brought Rio home with him one day and well the rest is history. Rio is a Staffordshire Bull Terrier, you know the ones, they have an awful reputation. Well we have never had such a lovely dog. She is so placid with the grandchildren and always wants to sit with them when they are at play with Lego or whatever.

Sadly as Carl has mentioned they have in some circumstances become status symbols for the undesirables and they get thrown into homes when they are bored with them, or a girlfriend becomes the centre of attraction.

Please consider a Staffie, if you get a goodun you will not be disappointed. It's a pity there are so many.

Martyn