Caption Competition (TV Aerial)

Justin Smith

Featured Posts

We`re running a caption competition at the moment.

It`s who comes up with the funniest/most well observed line, on a crap aerial installation.

Now, you may ask, what has that got to do with boating ?

Well the winner will get a choice between £50 to spend on aerial equipment, or we`ll donate a total of £100 to one (or more) of 5 nominated charities, and one of the charities is the Inland Waterways Association, (the others are Oxfam, Macmillan Cancer Care, War Memorials Trust, and Arthritus Research).

So, if you win, you could give £100 to the IWA at no cost to yourself, what`s not to like ? ! ?

I have to say there are some decent entries so far, one of my favourites being "Poor reception as ticket prices go through the roof"......

wpea351e7d_02.jpg

Edited by Justin Smith

I have to say I think there are some absolutely fantastic captions above *.

This could be because boaters are wittier than average, or it could just be that they`ve more time on their hands to think up witty captions !

* In fact a few more would be worthy of shortlisting but, unforunately, are a bit similar to ones we`ve already had in. And one or two are a bit close to the bone for a family show !

• 1 month later...

could Allan please get onto me ASAP !

Well done for sponsoring the competition.

Bet you have not heard this one before ... “Two aerials meet on a roof, fall in love and get married. The ceremony was rubbish but the reception was brilliant" – Tommy Cooper

• 3 weeks later...

The winner was :

I`ll have an ITV2, a BBC3, and a couple of poppadoms please.

Allan Jones

But I was so impressed with the standard of entries I decided to award three runners up prizes, £20 worth of aerial stuff from us, or (a total of) £40 to one or more of our five nominated charities.

The runners up were :

British Rail regret to announce cancellation of all TV services from this station.

Graham Thompson (Digital Spy forums)

TV aerial, currently attached to a sign, seeks a new direction in life. Would prefer a good reliable TV signal with no previous obstructions.

Rob the satman (Digital Spy forums)

I said point it at the TV station, not the railway station !

Mad Mix (Digital Spy forums)

Thanks to the generosity of our winners Macmillan Cancer Care, Arthritis Research and Oxfam have had £40 each donated to them.

If any of them have failed to receive the E Mail confirmation of the donation made on their behalf then please get back to me.

Edited by Justin Smith

GCHQ funding has been seriously cut.

Rebotco

Like it.

The cuts are so savage that GCHQ has actually moved into a railway station to save on transport costs. Fortunately this has a side benefit of camouflage (though this is no longer the case now that it`s been publicised on the ATV Caption Competition).

Edited by Justin Smith