Inverters!

lewisericeric

Featured Posts

Lewis asked for advice and the advice started coming in from various posters including DeanS, it appears to me that Lewis then found Dean's advice more attractive because it seemed simpler and easier and probably cheaper, to be fair to Dean he did warn that without earthing it would not trip if a fault occurred. Unfortunately as with most simple solutions it's not quite as simple as it first looks and instead of Lewis taking Gibbo's advice and reading his website and coming back for a recommended electrician if things were too difficult for him to understand he still asked questions and the posts started to come in pointing out various problems and answering Lewis's questions, things just gradually escalated from there.

Lewis was looking for a simple answer but unfortunately that is a very rare thing.

FWIW that's how I see it

I thought we agreed a long time ago ratings for isolators was unimportant as most of them wont carry their rated current and that make was more important.

I supect that in this case it could be academic, as Dean hasn't even confirmed that he has an isolator.

Lewis asked for advice and the advice started coming in from various posters including DeanS, it appears to me that Lewis then found Dean's advice more attractive because it seemed simpler and easier and probably cheaper,

WRONG

I stated in an earlier post (read it) that I am not taking dean's advice just because its suiting me. READ READ READ.

This thread is really gettin on my wick now

Where are the moderators on this forum?! Im thinking they should get involved now with some of these trolls.

WRONG

I stated in an earlier post (read it) that I am not taking dean's advice just because its suiting me. READ READ READ.

Where are the moderators on this forum?! Im thinking they should get involved now with some of these trolls.

Lewis,

There are no trolls. There are simply people correcting bad advice.

Perhaps you aren't taking Dean's advice. However, this thread can be read by others, and unless the message that his advice is poor is writ large, some other unsuspecting soul might follow it.

Oh, and please spare us jumping on Pinkys "Troll" bandwagon. He just plain doesn't like me, and wants to call me names.

He clearly has a poor understanding of what trolling actually is (clue: a troll will seldom post to a thread more than once).

If Dean desparately wants to offer advice, he should pick a subject he knows something about.

This is my last post on this thread, simply because I'd rather go boating :)

I am not "desperate" to offer advice, however I do think that if YOU are desperate to offer advice, you and others should learn to post it without the "attitude" which seems to often accompany it. If I personally had an electrical query, I would be one of the first to come and ask the experts on this forum. Your knowledge is not under scrutiny. We do appreciate your help. Back off :)

Happy boating all :)

WRONG

We are really trying to help here, you were given two options by Gibbo, either read up on what is a complicated subject or if that is too complicated come back for a recommended electrician as there is no middle ground, but you appeared not to follow that advice and instead got tangled up in a lot of bother.

I suspect you're not the only one who's wick is being got on.

The mods may close this thread I don't know but they won't get involved with any of these so called trolls because there aren't any, everyone has a genuine desire to help, if you see it differently then you are entitled to your view.

Unless I have missed it, no one seems to have referred to the need to install an RCD/MCB into the 240v Inverter circuit, in order to protect boat occupants from the risk of a shock. The subject was debated some years ago, you have to weave in between the irrelvant stuff, but I found it very helpfull:- http://www.canalworld.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=18678&st=0

There are also some diagrams on Gibbo's excellent website showing how to install one here:- http://www.smartgauge.co.uk/nb_ac_sys.html

Edited :- to correct typos and repeats

Edited by David Schweizer

Nobody is bullying Dean.

Dean suggested that Lewis could "connect the red and black wire himself", but should seek asistance about earthing.

This implied that he did not need to seek any assistance about the red and black wires.

This was very clearly wrong, and no matter how Dean tries to make it not so, it was crap advice.

Thousands of people fit the red and black to connect their inverters on cars boats caravans using simple instructions supplied and their not all electricians. You really are a bore :tired:

Edited by Liam
Unreasonable reply removed

Thousands of people fit the red and black to connect their inverters on cars boats caravans using simple instructions supplied and their not all electricians. You really are a bore :tired:

And, of course, because thousands of people do it, it must be right?

Thousands of people do this as well;

1598R-9956653.jpg

My Dad once said, if you have to ask, you probably don't even know enough to know what you need to ask.

little arrogant perhaps gibbo...cant all be experts eh mate.. :smiley_offtopic:

IT REALLY IS TIME THIS THREAD WAS LOCKED!!!!.....it isnt hard wiring an inverter in safely and a few photo's and little help would of sorted this thread out in the early stages..its a shame you are all so stuck up ya own arse's...the latter part is necessarily aimed at gibbo....

Edited by station tug

little arrogant perhaps gibbo...

But probably perfectly true in this subject.

Nice to know who likes jumping on the populist "call Dave names" bandwagon.

Shut it fatty. Oh sorry, I didn't want to feel left out.

IT REALLY IS TIME THIS THREAD WAS LOCKED!!!!.....it isnt hard wiring an inverter in safely and a few photo's and little help would of sorted this thread out in the early stages..its a shame you are all so stuck up ya own arse's...the latter part is necessarily aimed at gibbo....

Really, so my post No. 136 giving diagramatic links was of no use then?

It's sad when people start asking for moderators to step in.

"Please, Miss, Wayne pulled my hair!"

Grow up, laddie, and learn to fight your own battles.

The mods may close this thread I don't know but they won't get involved with any of these so called trolls because there aren't any, everyone has a genuine desire to help, if you see it differently then you are entitled to your view.

We may well do it it continues in this direction. Back on topic please folks and stop slinging your handbags at each other.

Really, so my post No. 136 giving diagramatic links was of no use then?

Some would say those links are extremely dangerous. They dont show any isolation/fuses etc on the invertor inputs.

(tongue firmly in cheek)

Nice to know who likes jumping on the populist "call Dave names" bandwagon.

You have got previous Dave and you don't help yourself.

A little more patience and less aggression would go along way.

You obviously have a wealth of knowledge but it is applied with to much sarcasm.

Alex