Ignorant Boaters...........

Deepinvet

Featured Posts

I am convinced that Dave and Phylis are one and the same person.

Well, I can't speak for Phylis, but I can say with some authority that I don't post here using alternate accounts. I am well aware that there are others who do.

Well, I can't speak for Phylis, but I can say with some authority that I don't post here using alternate accounts. I am well aware that there are others who do.

Me neither.

As dissapointed as we will be with another day without the word of god?

As i said yesterday. I am in Cornwall today and most of tomorrow. :banghead:

No, its not, but I now considerate it being slightly tarnished, emmets from Yorkshire?

I've got news for you. I've been to Cornwall, and I'm a Brummie. Goodness only knows what that's done to it

Richard

I even went in the sea

Look, tell you what, let's just cut to the chase. Tell us the identity of the oracle and that gives us the option of saying "Ooo yes we will all be keen to see what THEY think" or more likely "Oh, how dissapointing, just another mans opinion". Apart from anything else I am unaware of any authority on canal boating that has more credibility than any other so I am keen to be enlightened as to the identity of this guru.

I've got news for you. I've been to Cornwall, and I'm a Brummie. Goodness only knows what that's done to it

Richard

I even went in the sea

Brummies are no longer classed as emmets in Cornwall, they have been adopted by the Celtic population, owing to the fact that they own most of Newquay :lol:

Edited by jenlyn

Brummies are no longer classed as emmets in Cornwall, they have been adopted by the Celtic population, owing to the fact that they own most of Newquay :lol:

In that case, remember to wipe your feet next time you come

Richard

You're doing it wrong.

Being as we own half of Newquay, I can assure you that we are not. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm off to mix some Malibu and Coke in time to get wasted on the beach tonite

Richard

Phylis please don't ever give these men what they are asking for. Their torture is priceless. Sue

You are Germaine Greer and I claim my £5

Phylis please don't ever give these men what they are asking for. Their torture is priceless. Sue

Torture? Not at all. I am afraid that rather cruelly we are all insisting upon Phylis producing the goods she has promised in the firm belief that it will turn out to be less than advertised. If anything it is we who are being the torturers by insisting that bluster is backed up. It won't be, not least because there is simply no source worthy of more notice than Dave, Me, You or your local hire base. So what Phylis' document actually says is no more authoratative or less open to question than any other opinion. I am afraid I suspect that Phylis realises that she has had her bluff called on a very weak hand but will keep this up for long enough to make the Fridaaay thread look like a brief note before she will admit it, she may never go home again.

Torture? Not at all. I am afraid that rather cruelly we are all insisting upon Phylis producing the goods she has promised in the firm belief that it will turn out to be less than advertised. If anything it is we who are being the torturers by insisting that bluster is backed up. It won't be, not least because there is simply no source worthy of more notice than Dave, Me, You or your local hire base. So what Phylis' document actually says is no more authoratative or less open to question than any other opinion. I am afraid I suspect that Phylis realises that she has had her bluff called on a very weak hand but will keep this up for long enough to make the Fridaaay thread look like a brief note before she will admit it, she may never go home again.

I hope she does go home, can't see the local boatmen taking kindly to her giving them advice on boating skills

Oi once went to Lootin, 'orible place....

devastation and boarded up windows everywhere.

I asked how bad the riots were.

They said...

"what riots"

I thought I was watching the trailer to the new Planet of the Apes movie the other day, then realised it was Sky News...