Diesel price

Ryeland

Featured Posts

:smiley_offtopic: If God had meant us to be metric, Jesus would have had 10 disciples, not 12.

:smiley_offtopic:

Your signature omits to recognise the fact that a long while prior to the 12 disciples God had favoured just 10 commandments!

:smiley_offtopic:

not quite, god actualy favoured 15 commandments, but for Mozes dropping the third tablet.

to quote Moses to the children of Israel in a cartoon in, i think, Punch magazine some 35 years ago.

"Good lord no, there's hundreds of the things up there, but we'll just start with these two for now"

cheers

nigel

We have noticed that even the fuel boats are charging 85p.The hasslle green shop on heart break hill are charging 95p.Having a laugh ain't they.I've now met two boats who buy their diesel from a garage at top rate,and claim back the VAT,as they both had thier own companies.

Does anyone know how much Norbury junction marina is charging at the moment? As they were well cheap last year compared to everyone else :mellow:

We have noticed that even the fuel boats are charging 85p.The hasslle green shop on heart break hill are charging 95p.Having a laugh ain't they.I've now met two boats who buy their diesel from a garage at top rate,and claim back the VAT,as they both had thier own companies.

Does anyone know how much Norbury junction marina is charging at the moment? As they were well cheap last year compared to everyone else :mellow:

From their website:

Cheapest red DIESEL (at a boatyard) in the country, currently 73.9 ppl(domestic rate).

From 19/11/2010 our diesel is SULPHUR FREE RED DIESEL.

This is not bio diesel which has been much talked about in the waterways press and degrades over a period of time.

Price subject to change without notice.

Don't do what I did yesterday! Pulled into Upton Marina on the Severn, put 100 litres in, only to discover they don't do any form of split whatsoever, so a £143 bill for diesel. All my own fault, I should have asked before filling, but it was peeing down and my brain was not functioning correctly. To be fair to the Marina there was a notice saying diesel £1.43. Just an expensive reminder to ask the right question in future.

• Greenie 1

Don't do what I did yesterday! Pulled into Upton Marina on the Severn, put 100 litres in, only to discover they don't do any form of split whatsoever, so a £143 bill for diesel.

Being pedantic......

There must be some kind of split, even if it is 100% propulsion and 0% other!

They are not in a position to operate without collecting the relevant taxes, and being prepared to tell you the breakdown of what you have been charged, to include both excise duty and VAT.

It may well be that they don't let you declare the split, and force you to a fixed one, (many outlets will only sell at 60% propulsion / 40% other), but that doesn't mean there is no split.

Being pedantic......

There must be some kind of split, even if it is 100% propulsion and 0% other!

They are not in a position to operate without collecting the relevant taxes, and being prepared to tell you the breakdown of what you have been charged, to include both excise duty and VAT.

It may well be that they don't let you declare the split, and force you to a fixed one, (many outlets will only sell at 60% propulsion / 40% other), but that doesn't mean there is no split.

Ok, I accept your pendaticism (is that a word?) it was sold at 100 / 0, but being more pedantic, how is something split when one of the figures is 0? I'm going to put a claim in to HMRC for a refund on my usual 60 / 40 basis, not expecting anything, but nothing ventured etc!

Paid 80p today from coal Boat on GU near Kings Langley.

SDC14977%202.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1307978891733

Edited to add pic

Is that "Hyperion" John ?

It's new to the area, it seems.

Did they give any idea when and where they operate, please ?

Alan

Alan

yes it is he is operating I think he said from Cow Roast to Brentford.

Was quite interesting for me as I know Hyperon quite well from my times at Norbury. Took the photos to send to David Wray.

Alan

We came down Marsworth Locks with Hyperion on Saturday. Phil and Mary bought the boat last year and he has been selling coal and diesel for a couple of months now. He did give me his card with contact details, but I have left it on the boat...

David

I've now met two boats who buy their diesel from a garage at top rate,and claim back the VAT,as they both had thier own companies.

Thats fiddling.

I'm going to put a claim in to HMRC for a refund on my usual 60 / 40 basis, not expecting anything, but nothing ventured etc!

Would be simpler just to balance the split next time you fill up.