Stolen (and not Recovered)other

matty40s

Featured Posts

In my travels this week, I spotted a Nora Jones CD partialy hidden in the reeds below Picketts Lock, it had a lump of goose shit on it.

Unfortunately, it was out of my reach and I wasn't sure it was stolen anyway.

...but it's there. :P

There are also currently 42 floating footballs between Limehouse and Tottenham.

Nora Jones! spect they were glad to lose it.

To the person who lost the 'Oxford Blue' Aussie style cowboy hat (small size) on the Ashby in 2009 I have it. BW recovered it with their dredging operations but then I stole it from the dredger when they were off for lunch

Nora Jones! spect they were glad to lose it.

To the person who lost the 'Oxford Blue' Aussie style cowboy hat (small size) on the Ashby in 2009 I have it. BW recovered it with their dredging operations but then I stole it from the dredger when they were off for lunch

Sorry, as an Australian I couldn't let this one slide. There is no such thing as an 'Aussie style cowboy hat' as there are no cowboys in Australia. We have squatters, ranchers, jackeroos, drovers and cattle farmers though. Perhaps you mean it was sort of like the Akubra hat that has inexplicably become fashionable on the canals?

p.s. good save :)

I once found a 'Health and efficiency' magazine left on a lock beam half way up Heartbreak hill and wondered if it was in-flight entertainment.

Quite different, but we do occasionally find "Hairy Neil" unexpectedly half way up, (or down) a lock flight.

Not sure he is ever either lost or stolen, though.

Quite different, but we do occasionally find "Hairy Neil" unexpectedly half way up, (or down) a lock flight.

Not sure he is ever either lost or stolen, though.

He can be very entertaining though

Richard

Sorry, as an Australian I couldn't let this one slide. There is no such thing as an 'Aussie style cowboy hat' as there are no cowboys in Australia. We have squatters, ranchers, jackeroos, drovers and cattle farmers though. Perhaps you mean it was sort of like the Akubra hat that has inexplicably become fashionable on the canals?

p.s. good save :)

Thats a good point well made.

To clarify, it is more like a drover hat than an Akubra - i modified my language to make it understandable to the majority of poms on this site

Having an Aussie mum means i'm bi-lingual in these things. Now where are my pants*...

* thats trousers to the poms

Thats a good point well made.

To clarify, it is more like a drover hat than an Akubra - i modified my language to make it understandable to the majority of poms on this site

Having an Aussie mum means i'm bi-lingual in these things. Now where are my pants*...

* thats trousers to the poms

Trousers to the poms but dacks to me and ya Mum ;)

Trousers to the poms but dacks to me and ya Mum ;)

Hee hee - sadly she's no longer around but aussie slang always reminds me of her & makes me smile

i use 'inner pants' & 'outer pants' to avoid confusion

to go even further off topic; I've just realised we've met - In Brentford in July 09 you'd just arrived there & i was carting laundry to a friends house. I think i offered breasting up as it looked full. G'day again!

If anyone has lost a couple of small poly bags with squishy stuff in them they are hanging in a tree on the south oxford.

I remember a time when, if you found a small plastic bag, with brown squidgy stuff in it, you got out your Rizlas.

In my travels this week, I spotted a Nora Jones CD partialy hidden in the reeds below Picketts Lock, it had a lump of goose shit on it.

Unfortunately, it was out of my reach and I wasn't sure it was stolen anyway.

...but it's there. :P

There are also currently 42 floating footballs between Limehouse and Tottenham.

must get out moor .b0b

Hee hee - sadly she's no longer around but aussie slang always reminds me of her & makes me smile

i use 'inner pants' & 'outer pants' to avoid confusion

to go even further off topic; I've just realised we've met - In Brentford in July 09 you'd just arrived there & i was carting laundry to a friends house. I think i offered breasting up as it looked full. G'day again!

I'm glad you remember that, yes it was me :) You'd just picked up your boat and were heading north for adventure. It's been nice seeing your journey online. Glad you are still enjoying yourself.

Rupert Murdoch must have been a figment of my imagination then :)

Heh nice.

My parents were the last people to have the hire boat 'Holly' that was stolen, and they're Norah Jones CD was in it and never returned when the boat was returned! I'll let them know!