A question for Continuous Cruisers

DeanS

Featured Posts

How long have you lived on your boat? By this I mean..the live-aboard lifestyle, where you feel your boat is your home.

I thought it would be interesting to hear from those out there who talk in months and years?

I dont know if it is just me, but I think you are a special bunch, and genuinely hope to do the same.(although everyone who asks me is assured it is just for a few months because I dont have the guts to tell them it's forever.LOL...my wife is already secretly talking about mooring through the next winter:)

Right...the question is...how long have you lived on your boat.?

We have been living aboard for nearly 3 years,and cruise all the time what ever the weather (but not lately :angry: ) In that time we have traveled over 3000 miles,Now we have just about done all of the system.No regrets whatsoever.We would like to carry on for ten years.But we plan to sell in June and spend 6 months traveling in the States.

Our favourite season to travel is 'out of season' if you get my drift.

Eleven years, much of it without a shore base. Did have a few weeks in a marina one winter but hated it. Four years 2002-5 with a residential mooring on the Basingstoke running the trip boat business. A wonderful time, giving commentaries on the canal that I had helped to restore back in the 70/80s (at this time sadly closed again).

Tone

17 months, that includes two winters, still not put us off.

Will we stay, probably, unless the Premium Bonds come up trumps.

Just remembered we cashed those in to buy the boat.

Would have stayed anyway. B)

How long have you lived on your boat? By this I mean..the live-aboard lifestyle, where you feel your boat is your home.

I thought it would be interesting to hear from those out there who talk in months and years?

I dont know if it is just me, but I think you are a special bunch, and genuinely hope to do the same.(although everyone who asks me is assured it is just for a few months because I dont have the guts to tell them it's forever.LOL...my wife is already secretly talking about mooring through the next winter:)

Right...the question is...how long have you lived on your boat.?

Three & a half years cc'ing till June last year, now land lubbing with boat resting in a marina.

Just over 2 years - this hire season on the S Oxford for a job, otherwise meandering from London to Skipton and back. Marinas - lovely places for all those lonely boats whose owners have to leave them alone - bit like kennels, really.

I notice many are fairly new CCers. I wonder if it is a short term occupation for many.

Who knows?

Perhaps, 20 years ago, "old hands" nodded in your direction and said "She'll never stay the course."

I know they did, 15 years ago, when I moved aboard (well, "he", not "she").

Some will still be aboard, in 20 years' time, others will go on to different things.