MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE

valrene9600

Featured Posts

Happy Christmas everyone!!!!

From someone who is quieter than some & noisier than others :D

Thanks to everyone who has offered us advice, hand shakes to those that have given us a good laugh and virtual punches in the mouth for those that think it's ok to be arses just cos this is the internet. You know who you are :rolleyes:

:cheers: :cheers:

• Greenie 1

snowing.gif

Season's Greetings and a Happy New Year

It's now exactly a year since our boat was moved into the DIY sheds at Swanley from off the hard standing where it had been lying, very sad and very neglected, for the previous 18 months. We actually started working on it on Christmas day in temperatures of -9C in the middle of last year's big freeze (so no change there, then!). Thanks in so many ways to this Forum, we now have a comfortable, warm and cosy....and working!... boat that we love, and on which we have spent almost every weekend since we managed to finally to get it into the unfrozen water last February.

Season's Greetings to everyone on here, and may you all have a happy, peaceful and fulfilling 2011.

Paul and Jo (Québec)

Ange...I want a 'like' button for your post!!

Wishing you all...regardless of whether you have been a happy contributor or a miserable/argumentative git...a very merry christmas, and/or Brumalia, according to your persuasion...I'll stick with Brumalia...an ancient Roman festival for Bacchus this day.....drinking and merriment....enjoy! :cheers:

Merry Christmas everyone.A bit on the cool side here today 22c.A bit bloated from practicing yesterday for today, but might hit the prawns and grog shortly to practice for tommorrow.Hope your freezing weather doesn't cause too many problems and you can go where you need to go safely and have a great time drinking the worlds best beers[that I've tasted,one called Copper Dragon springs to mind] e.t.c e.t.c

Very Best Wishes to one & all, even the grumpy ones. I know there's a nice person in there trying to get out.

Don't forget to check on elderly friends & neighbours in these sub zero temperatures.

Hope you all have a good one.

:cheers::cheers::cheers:

Clivo

I would like to say a big thank you to everyone on here,such a great forum, help always available and love the banter...

Hopefully this time next year, we will be spending Christmas on our boat ;)

Hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas and all the best for the New Year :cheers:

Hear hear. We are also 98% sure this will be our last Christmas in Bricks and Mortar, until, of course, the Alzheimer's, incontinence, and severe arthritis catch up with us.

K

A bit of a "difficult" Christmas this year, as my mum remains in hospital, now giving rise for serious concern.

She has we think entered a fairly critical phase, but I went to see her today, and she was reasonably comfortable, and being well looked after.

Other that that, we are trying to have as "normal" and relaxed a day as possible. We reckon since we had the two boys, this is the first time we have either not been elsewhere, or (for many years now!), had at least one parent with us at Christmas. (Boys have both now ceased to be teenagers!).

It all feels a bit odd!

Happy Christmas, all.

Alan (& Cath).