An apology for last night

luctor et emergo

Featured Posts

I am affraid that I drank rather more than was wise last night, and combined with a dodgy internet connection, and a lively exchange with the ex, my mood was far from agreeable in the end. I apologies for any responses that may have been out of line, please be assured that any bile was reserved for this side of the keyboard, where it should have stayed.

Normal curmudgonly service will be resumed later..

I am affraid that I drank rather more than was wise last night, and combined with a dodgy internet connection, and a lively exchange with the ex, my mood was far from agreeable in the end. I apologies for any responses that may have been out of line, please be assured that any bile was reserved for this side of the keyboard, where it should have stayed.

Ah! bless, we've all done it ... just remember kids, don't drink and post .....

Well at least you havn't been banned.........................

I got quite rightly told off a while ago for some drink-fuelled bawdy responses in a thread about 'what name you would not call a boat'.

Did'nt have the balls to apologise publicly though, just went away for a while.

All the best

Ditchdabbler

Where are they? I was looking forward to a laugh but now I'm dissapointed.

Keep on Coaling,

Keith.

Aw mate we've all been there, glad you are in better spirits today.

Phil

I've been there to :blush: even worse.. Ebay and drink don't mix, woke up one morning with a very thick head, and thought "did I buy a boat on ebay last night?" and I had :wacko:

That's one reason why I don't drink.

Just out of interest, what had you bought (and did you go through with the transaction)?

ok stop searching everyone - you had to be in the chat room at about 1am this morning to know what Luctor's talking about!

I wasn't offended Luctor, so no worries, though I did find the random expletives thrown like bombs into the conversation slightly bemusing!

I too have worn that t-shirt - it's horrible when you wake up the next morning with a thick head and wonder who you offended

:cheers:

ok stop searching everyone - you had to be in the chat room at about 1am this morning to know what Luctor's talking about!

I wasn't offended Luctor, so no worries, though I did find the random expletives thrown like bombs into the conversation slightly bemusing!

I too have worn that t-shirt - it's horrible when you wake up the next morning with a thick head and wonder who you offended

there, now see didn't I tell you chat rooms are dangerous places? I knew all the juicy stuff would go underground .....darn!

(but kudos to Mr Emergo for remembering and sorting)

Luc, the response to your apology has been so warm, forgiving and supportive that the best thing you can do is to get sloshed again tonight. Even The Blessed Mike Phipps hasn't popped in to scold you.

I bet chat room participation will be up on previous nights!!

But as to the OP - a big up to Luc for being big enough to say sorry particularly as if he hadn't the vast majority on here would have been none the wiser.

That's one reason why I don't drink.

Just out of interest, what had you bought (and did you go through with the transaction)?

It was a 23' Norman and yes I weant through with the transaction. After everybody had taken the mick out of me, I had it for a month then re sold it, and made a few quid on it. :cheers:

Well I was in the chatroom last night - the first time I've found anyone in. It was all very convivial for the short while I stayed (time for one bottle of White Shield - Ange lent me a bottle opener). Luctor was there, but I don't remember anything untoward - If I remember rightly he was by that time sitting in a corner staring into space, before leaving rather abruptly. :)

Mac

I work in a global organisation and for my sins I'm a big Blackberry user.

I've taken to leaving my Blackberry in my office draw if I'm going out for beers after work, I've got in trouble on more than one occasion replying to e-mails on the train home that have just come in from AsiaPac !

So in summary don't mix drinking with:-

1.Chat Rooms

2.Ebay

3.Blackberrys