Help! has anyone seen my boat?

dccruiser

Featured Posts

Still a computer can break any password - given time and enough goes.

Hopefully though, for most passwords that really matter, the "other end" will get locked out long before enough random attempts are made to break a password.

It does surprise me though how different sites that need secure passwords, (like banking), treat the "crackability" of passwords so totally differently. I've encountered some that really enforce no standards on you, (you could probably use "password" as a password), where other sites that would be nothing like as serious if cracked require a minimum 8 characters, at least one digit, a mixture of upper and lower case, and sometimes even a special character to be present.

I used to do a job where secure passwords were very important, and I always thought that was what I was using. It was with some embarrassment that when they tried to do a penetration test on one of our major systems it was the password for my root administrator account they cracked. I took a lot of ribbing over that, but needless to say made them a lot more random afterwards. :lol:

I too have noticed that sometimes people on here have their passwords pinched (usually late evening) and someone else posts silly things under the forum members name.

Indeed it happened to me recently, I logged on one morning to find out that someone had used my details and had visited the Unstable bar the previous evening..........

something I would never do.

Just so you all know the boat is moored opposite B&Q in Hemel

its grey on one side and painted on the other.

Licence number is 502837

blast forgot to check if its displaying a licence :lol:

Licence number is 502837

Jim Shead says Last registration recorded on 19/04/2008. Is that the same as last licensed?

Licence number is 502837

Pics?????

Pics?????

NAFC

Saw it as I passed over Two Waters bridge so stopped outside K2 and had a saunter.

Its there looking not much different from the pics on ebay.

Better things to do with my time I'm afraid so I wont be taking snaps

Better things to do with my time I'm afraid so I wont be taking snaps

Pity - might have helped.....

Edited by MJG

Have just spoke to the ebay online help they told me as mentioned if i pay it is mine , so now paid by paypal , so now looking for MY boat so would really appreciate any help or info please

Rick

I have traded on Ebay for years and the last thing you do is pay for something you are unsure about, that is utter stupidity. He has a feedback of 1 (untraceable due to age), says it is in North London, but item location says Great Yarmouth!! Didnt the alarm bells ring loud enough?? I urge you to retract the Paypal payment asap or you could lose heavily. Paypal will understand and "hold" the funds at the very least, that will force the vendor either to run (and you get your money back) or come forward, in any instance I would check EVERY bit of paperwork first, starting with the BW licence number.

Edited by Laurence Hogg

Cant see how

The boat is there or was at 19:15 and no I am not mistaken it was the correct boat.

If the "owner" wants it he now knows where it is.

Cant see how

The boat is there or was at 19:15 and no I am not mistaken it was the correct boat.

Well it might just have helped with confirmation

but you seem adamant and we have no reason to doubt it - so

OP - there you go - you know where it is - post an update when you pick it up......

Has he left feedback, yet?

well it seams not there is still only the 1 feedback on there and that one was prob the seller giveing himself feedback from another account or friend of. op must have money to burn.

I would of looked at the warning signs in the beginning why has it been painted in primer looks like they trying to hide something its prob got new colours now so you will never find it.

I actually disagree with this, unless those pictures are in no way current.

It's not a "Que Sera Sera" - it's a very distinctive, short, little boat. Very, very hard to disguise.

It's hardly set up for long distance cruising, either.

It will not be very far from Hemel Hempstead area, I'm guessing. A day on the towpath with a push bike would probably locate it, I'm thinking.

Licence number is 502837

Do I win then ? :lol:

Pics?????

NAFC

Saw it as I passed over Two Waters bridge so stopped outside K2 and had a saunter.

Its there looking not much different from the pics on ebay.

Cant see how

I also can't see why. The boat is distinctive enough, particularly if opposite sides are different colours.

The OP wanted to know where it is, and now he can exactly, (assuming he is still reading this thread of course).

I walked Nash (Red Lion) to Apsley Top yesterday, but still have a fairly knackered pelvis, and couldn't go further. Had I not, I'd have gone the extra mile and found it yesterday.

It is in the least hidden part of Hemel by the busiest road bridge, so e-bay seller is clearly making no efforts whatsoever to hide it.

Well done Julian - you have stopped me wasting any more time over it!

Edited by alan_fincher

Anyone heard anymore about this has the OP done anything???

Yes,

It might be interesting for them to return and say what (if anything) is happening about it, since Idlesness handed them the exact location on a plate 2 days ago!

FWIW, it is still (half an hour ago) oppposite B& Q Hemel, by Two Waters Road bridge, still grey one side and multi-coloured the other.

Does dccruiser have an interest if someone sees it on the move again, or has he got his money back, I wonder ?

He probably can't talk about it now for legal reasons.

But I can't really see that would preclude a post that said "I can't say anything now for legal reasons".

At least we would know then he knows where the boat is, and might be interested if it then wasn't.

The OP is visiting the site, but saying nothing.

dccruiser

Today, 12:23 AM

Cross posted with me, but fair enough then.

I can imagine he was not too impressed with some of the views expressed, but did come on asking for help, and I'd have thought Julian's input gave him exactly what he was after.

Edited by alan_fincher

I can't see the problem. Millions throw money away every week on the lottery. It's only a case of decimal places.....

But Neil - it could be you!

Well, more likely to be me than you if you don't do it :lol:

Edited by WotEver

It is if you are called Yvonne Mary 52 Carol Rebecca Forsyth. :lol:

Yes I though that was a bit odd too. Co-incidentally I just bought two items off eBay and the emails to say I had won had the sellers name and address on them. Did the email for the boat have this information?

I am an Ebay trader of over 10 years with nearly 800 feedbacks.

I 'Think' you need to get moving and get your money back ASAP.

This trader can start moving your funds to his bank account quite soon...and as others have said.....can then withdraw it and close it.

Paypal will then be unable to refund from the bank account and will then go to a secondary source of funding which can be a fake/closed credit card.

I would go onto Ebay site and 'open a dispute' which will limbo the funds for you.

I 'think' this car advert is the same type of thing.....

The 'personal' registration (or not as it looks) will require about 3 -4 weeks to remove from the car before you can sell it.

Its present registration will stay on it until DVLA issue a new number and send a V5 document. You will be unable to confirm its new number until they have actually sent the V5 which plays for time again...as it makes it difficult for the buyer to take possesion of the car.

My experiences of dealing with these problems after the event are that you are p****ing into the wind.

There is much more small print in Paypal and Ebay than you ever imagined.

I've lost £1600 over the years......and filed 'crime reports' which were just a waste of my time...

There is no 'magic person'..in Ebay..Paypal...or the police to protect you..

Get your money back ASAP and run...!!

Good luck.

Bob