Alternative parts supplies

oasistoo

Featured Posts

this post is prompted by my search for an Alternative supplier for Brushes for my bow thruster.

There seem to be a large number of posts from people looking for parts either OEM or alternative.

And in the vast majority of cases if not all forum members come up trumps!

However that info then tends to recede into the background.

This made me ponder as to the value of a pinned or sub section to the equipment section, where the details of the newly found supplier could be listed in appropriately titled threads.

Now i know that this would have to be a moderator controlled section to avoid its becoming a loophole for Ad's so if it is felt that this would be of value I would not be averse to taking on the job.

So what does the Panel think :lol: worthwhile or not needed.

this post is prompted by my search for an Alternative supplier for Brushes for my bow thruster.

There seem to be a large number of posts from people looking for parts either OEM or alternative.

This made me ponder as to the value of a pinned or sub section to the equipment section, where the details of the newly found supplier could be listed in appropriately titled threads.

Now i know that this would have to be a moderator controlled section to avoid its becoming a loophole for Ad's so if it is felt that this would be of value I would not be averse to taking on the job.

worthwhile.

cheers

nigel

Brainwave !

I'd happily share the good bits of what I've learnt

SG

I'll add a recommendation too: A very effective courier agency

Interparcel.com

They offer the facility of letting one choose from an whole array of (National) couriers - and give a firm price for collecting (or delivering) parcels of (practically) any size you want.

Great for arranging purchases off ebay, or from shops/swindleries

I've just had a 24 Kg box collected from Cornwall, delivered to Yorkshire, by UPS, for under £9.00, (in 24 hours)

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

this does seem worthwile but per my comments else where re sponsor ship, would like it caveated that the person reccomending ahs actually used the supplier... eg genuine ie screwfix might have agood wide range but its no secret... so why mention etc (nothing against them just an example)..

I agree with Strads, at a guess exclude all the chain outfits?,

however, knowing places that can supply some of the weird and wonderful bits we boaters need is invaluable, a conundrum indeed

Speaking of which I need a new tv....better post it in live afloat

I agree with Strads, at a guess exclude all the chain outfits?,

however, knowing places that can supply some of the weird and wonderful bits we boaters need is invaluable, a conundrum indeed

Speaking of which I need a new tv....better post it in live afloat

There is already a live thread for finding a TV

I may have found this site through someone else on the forum, I can't remember. If I did, apologies for not mentioning you.

http://www.groveco.co.uk/index1.html

Suppliers of imperial nuts and bolts and every other type you could think of!

Mike

For completeness, another supplier of imperial and metric nuts and bolts is Namrick

Richard

• 5 months later...

Simply spiffing idea, that chap.

I have found these to be extremely helpful for filters, and can be found on Fleabay too:

http://www.ricoeurope.com/

I bought b a bulk set of Baldwin oil filters for the Vetus and saved a fortune.