Meteor

Kez

Featured Posts

Hiya, I'm not 100% sure, but there's Little Woolwich Butty in the Grove at Norton Canes, it has no name on it, but it looks like it could be Meteor. She was based at Aldridge Marina on the Daw End Branch for quite a while and had a weird conversion.

025.jpg

Butty in the Grove on the Cannock Extension

902851_dde85acc.jpg

Meteor at Aldridge Marina

Hiya, I'm not 100% sure, but there's Little Woolwich Butty in the Grove at Norton Canes, it has no name on it, but it looks like it could be Meteor. She was based at Aldridge Marina on the Daw End Branch for quite a while and had a weird conversion.

025.jpg

Butty in the Grove on the Cannock Extension

902851_dde85acc.jpg

Meteor at Aldridge Marina

it looks like Meteor, if it has metal gunnels, extended cabin and a metal elum it should be!!!!

It is Meteor, having had the conversion removed during a recent sojurn on the bank,

you may remember the thread on her "disappearance", meteor thread, I met the new owner

when she was being craned in and IIRC he intended to pair her with his motor and

use her for carrying, though unfortunately I can't remember any more details.

BILD0218.jpg

springy

edited to add that I think she must have had a new elum

Edited by springy

It is Meteor, having had the conversion removed during a recent sojurn on the bank,

you may remember the thread on her "disappearance", meteor thread, I met the new owner

when she was being craned in and IIRC he intended to pair her with his motor and

use her for carrying, though unfortunately I can't remember any more details.

BILD0218.jpg

springy

edited to add that I think she must have had a new elum

It looks like the same elum, or if not a direct copy, we had the metal one made in about '96 when the wooden one gave way, but it wasn't an original small woolwich one, so it will look out of proportion to the hull. I hope it will be used for carrying, and not converted, too many ex working boats go that way. It looks better already, just by getting rid of that "conversion"!

It looks like the same elum, or if not a direct copy, we had the metal one made in about '96 when the wooden one gave way, but it wasn't an original small woolwich one, so it will look out of proportion to the hull. I hope it will be used for carrying, and not converted, too many ex working boats go that way. It looks better already, just by getting rid of that "conversion"!

I'll have a proper look at the elum tomorrow, I agree about looking better without the conversion.

springy

Yes it is the same elum - closer inspection shows that what I took as the lines of the edges of the planks in the

blade are actually lines of weld!

BILD0240.jpg

springy

Yes it is the same elum - closer inspection shows that what I took as the lines of the edges of the planks in the

blade are actually lines of weld!

BILD0240.jpg

springy

Nice to see it surviving well, and it's good to know that from a distance the lines work a treat!!!!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...